• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans VS Vriska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I'm not sure how much luck manipulation would actually effect sans. everything he does seems pretty intenional, and as we know from homestucks first intermission, minor damage, (like getting hit by a roled up newspaper) is sort of a grey area, so how would it deal with super minimal damage repeated to the point of death

Squid peanut said:
Also I'm not sure how much luck manipulation would actually effect sans. everything he does seems pretty intenional, and as we know from homestucks first intermission, minor damage, (like getting hit by a roled up newspaper) is sort of a grey area, so how would it deal with super minimal damage repeated to the point of death
God I love that intermission.

Anyway, yeah, that could be a problem, as Sans heavily relies on skill. No matter how many times Chara resets their fight with Sans, regardless of changes, there will never be a point at which they catch him off guard during their first attack, or Sans makes a miscalculation and gets hit, etc. The only way Chara killed him was by hitting him when he couldn't possibly have expected to be hit, and that was done by breaking the rules of the game.

I'm pretty sure Clover's power is an exception due to how he works, namely in that his luck involves him not getting seriously hurt.

Vriska's on the other hand seems to be basic Probability Manipulation, as she could make Terezi's coin fall on the side that would be more favorable for her. If anything, she could just increase the chance of Sans not dodging her attacks.

and that knowing how many times you've died feat is alot more impressive when you realise that sans never really had any bases to go off of when judging that. it seems extremely unlikely that he has spent years perfecting the art of identifying the stages of annoyance on the face of a time traveling human from being killed. against someone with that level of perception, pretty much nothings getting past him

The Everlasting said:
I'm pretty sure Clover's power is an exception due to how he works, namely in that his luck involves him not getting seriously hurt.
Vriska's on the other hand seems to be basic Probability Manipulation, as she could make Terezi's coin fall on the side that would be more favorable for her. If anything, she could just increase the chance of Sans not dodging her attacks.
Clover's power is explicitly that he has maximum possible luck, as nothing unlucky could ever happen to him. However, even his luck eventually ran out and he died (albeit we have no idea how).

Something Hussie's always been very fond of showing is that luck runs out, no matter who you are, and it's not always going to save you. It's happened to almost every luck user, so far.

Squid peanut said:
and that knowing how many times you've died feat is alot more impressive when you realise that sans never really had any bases to go off of when judging that. it seems extremely unlikely that he has spent years perfecting the art of identifying the stages of annoyance on the face of a time traveling human from being killed. against someone with that level of perception, pretty much nothings getting past him
Well, he's simply incredibly aware of his surroundings. You can't even hit him when he's asleep, as he knows you're gonna try and attack and dodges it.

yes but I feel that level of awareness is far more impressive than him being an expert in these things because it really seems like he's not, he's just that good.

Ugh, IDEK, my brain is saying Vriska would win, but simultaneously it's saying Sans would win.

Actually, what's saying Vriska can't kill Sans before KR finishes her off?

The Everlasting said:
Ugh, IDEK, my brain is saying Vriska would win, but simultaneously it's saying Sans would win.
Actually, what's saying Vriska can't kill Sans before KR finishes her off?
The fact that she's unlikely to actually hit him before that happens, while she's likely to get hit quite a lot in the process. Teleportation is going to be incredibly useful for Sans. Remember when Jack had teleportation? Back when he was in the Beta session?

Squid peanut said:
how fast can Vriska attack and can Vriska suprise sans, I say she can't
Presumably, by fighting with Jack, AA Vris should be able to fight at MFTL speeds. However, this would be offset by Sans teleportation, which like Jack's (while he was still in the Beta session), is instantaneous, and unlike something like...IT, doesn't require any sort of focus or lock-on before happening.

Wouldn't Sans need to think to teleport and attack Vriska? Sounds like a pretty decent time span of Sans not hitting Vriska. Because let's face it, there's a difference between Jack teleporting behind John and stabbing him and Jack just teleporting his sword into John's stomach.

Also, would anyone believe "Homestuck Undertale" is an auto-search on Google? Because it is.

The difference is while Jack can just teleport his sword into people (well, could), he doesn't, because he's a pretty up close and personal type of murderer who enjoys doing things, himself. Sans has shown the ability to teleport himself, other people, and objects.

I have no doubt about that.

Not what I was going for, I meant to say it would be different if Sans teleported and attacked Vriska compared to teleporting something inside her in order to harm for.

It's true. Also... this.

well, now I think there's the question of how quickly can Vriska react to sans' opening attack as she has no prior experiance with anything like blue attacks and could possibly be disoriented by it, then having to fly with extreme persision to not die to the rest of the attack soon after and have enough stamina left to keep up for the rest of sans attacks that are honestly all over the place in how they work.

What I mean is that Sans can teleport his attacks instead of just himself, meaning he doesn't need to teleport and then attack, because he's already attacked.

Welp, definitely showing that to my friends.

Squid peanut said:
well, now I think there's the question of how quickly can Vriska react to sans' opening attack as she has no prior experiance with anything like blue attacks and could possibly be disoriented by it, then having to fly with extreme persision to not die to the rest of the attack soon after and have enough stamina left to keep up for the rest of sans attacks that are honestly all over the place in how they work.
...I have no idea how it's possible, but I keep forgetting blue attacks, exist.

The Everlasting said:
Huh, didn't know that.
As you should.

...I said I would try and stay out of this debate right?
Yeah, it's one of the things he does during your fight with him. He'll attack, then teleport (you, his attacks, and himself), before the screen flickers back on and a new attack is taking place.

Damn right I will.

lol You don't need to, bro. It's up to you.

yes, the second half of the fight against him seems to have him teleporting you directly into an attack that's been set up, whether he can do this while teleporting or sets it up then teleports him and you to it is unclear but in one case sans showcases unbelievable speed and thinking and in the other it gives his attacks a much larger randge

@Azathoth

Yet another thing that makes this boss seem really hard.

Never said I did, I'm just saying it's funny how I said I'd be staying out of the debate due to my brain arguing with itself, but here I am, still posting.

don't worry evelasting, even if your sort of at ends with yourself you can still bring up things that we may not have considered

after thinking about it I feel like, ironically enough, if Vriska knew what she was up against, could figure out the pattern of the attacks and was smart and clever with her own powers, she could win against Sans

but if its a first time fight and neither of them knew anything about eachothers attacks? Sans wins

like lol if Vriska could respawn like Chara she could eventually win, But shes loses the first fight for sure. I just feel like Sans has too much new stuff she can't really be preprared for right away, the blue attacks, the DARK blue attacks, his perception for stuff, the KR, at least, not enough in time for her to be able to win despite it all the first go around, she can react really quickly, and is very cunning and ingenuitive, coming up with all kids of new stuff on the spot, but shes not faster than Sans

too bad Vriska's god tier revival thing wouldn't work on a fight against Sans :p if its Sans fighting her to prevent more death/sin etc losing to him would mean a Just Death for sure lol

@Dahni

lol Yeah, his opponent being unprepared is really something Sans takes advantage of. Especially considering how lax he seems, otherwise.

@Squid peanut

Vris definitely has a chance, but I'm still more inclined to lean towards Sans, especially in a random encounter.

I honestly think even with prior knowledge Vriska would still lose, she just doen't have any experience with the sorts of things sans can pull off and in terms of perception and intelegence and such sans has. I mean he could predict Chara, not even Flowey who had seen countless timelines and learned exactly what would happen in each was able to predict Chara. so much so that he was able to dodge Chara's attacks every single time, regardless of how much knowledge on him Chara has gained by fighting him countless times and even after falling asleep from pure exhaustion.

even when sans isn't attacking he's attacking, granted these secondary attacks don't seem to be fatal but they can bring you down to one HP none the less

Gee golly, a lot of discussion's been going on since I last saw this page. I can't even find my last post.

I almost want to argue that dodging Sans's attacks should be easier if you're not restricted to a tiny box like Frisk was, but then I remembered Omega Flowey...

sans and other enemies have been shown to alter the boxes dimensions, I don't how it would translate into non undertale battle but having it exist would only stand to benefit undertale characters as it would tremendously limit their oponents movement

I think Vriska's personality could get the best of her.

Then again possibly sans. This fight could in the end be inconclusive.

Sans hax just seems a little more intense than what she could do.

Their both in for a bad time you could say...but if Vriska's attitude makes her accept san's mercy though. I think sans may have the win. dunno though.

Sans does not strike me as the kind of person who would slip up due to personallity, even when sparing or sleeping he's still able to dodge attacks From someone whos effectively 2-C and continued to do so regardless of both how many attempts were made and how exhausted he was. one of my previous posts explains how KR would definately work on vriska. Besides that sans ability manipulate gravity and position comibined with his totally ruthless methods Vriska would not have many opurtunities to fight back. and even if she did attack by the second attempt to hit sans what's to stop him from teleporting vriska's dice into like space where they have no ground to land on. The fight becomes even more onesided if theirs any terrain as sans can jump behind a rock, then teleport behind Vriska and fire a Gaster Blaster, Vriska doesn't seem to have any means of healing or time manipulation so every bit of damage sans can inflict on her in cheep shots shes worse for. I'm sorry but Vriska's chanes just seem non existent in this fight.

Well we shouldn't talk about "what if they fought here" because you made it sound like it will only be in sans favor. it's gotta be a fair fight.

also I greatly apologize if that last comment on my part seemed at all rude, I just feel like the most naturally locations would lend themselves to possible battle tactics on sans part

it's hard to find people who can beat sans as he pretty much invalidates chance, attack power, and sheer defence that. Granted a battle against someone who's never killed someone could end in a draw and he wouldn't stand to well against tier 2-C onwards, maybe also the stronger low 2-Cs. but besides those sans is pretty up there in combat potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back