• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans VS Vriska

Status
Not open for further replies.
2cVRrsU
The two user of Megalovania, the theme for whoever wants a bad time, go all out for this battle.
Battlefield: Caliborn's session (AKA a dead, unihabitated setting on an universal range)

Vriska and Sans (pissed off, because Vriska is totally one who'd go her way out to make a Genocide run). Is Sans going to understim8 Vriska or Vriska is gonna get dunked on

BONUS ROUND: Who fits Megalovania better?

What, no love for Professor Andonuts?

In all seriousness, even if Vriska's in her "ancestral awakening" state (the one in which she fought Jack in an alternate timeline), I'd give this to Sans, strictly because KR would DESTROY someone like Vriska, as she essentially committed multiversal genocide by creating a nearly unbeatable boss simply so she could get all the glory by defeating it. Vriska's luck abilities could pose a problem, but Sans relies far more on raw skill than luck, and I'd still say he has the edge purely by the nature of his abilities. Not to mention that Vriska is far more likely to underestimate Sans than Sans is to underestimate Vriska.

Bonus: Megalovania fits Vris better than Sans, but I feel it fits Chara, the best (which when ya think about it, is technically who the song is playing for).

Having not played the Halloween Hack, I don't want to make any assumption on his power or if he can stand a chance against either.

I like actually his version of Megalovania than both of them (Undertale Megalovania's remix is to me the weakest of the three, despite fitting)

Isn't it impossible for God Tiers to die an unjust/unheroic death, or is that an NLF?

I know bugger all about Homestuck and haven't even heard her version of Megalovania, so I'll check that out soon.

I have heard the EB Hack's version. Pretty meh IMO.

WarriorWare said:
Isn't it impossible for God Tiers to die an unjust/unheroic death, or is that an NLF?
Yes, but:

1. Vriska's death would be pretty just.

2. Sans destroying her soul would likely ignore that, as LE had no trouble killing the souls of God Tier players.

Sans has KR, time and soul manipulation, and the fact he can ignore any and all durability with the gasterblasters...

GG, Vriska, GG.

What's KR mean? Also, Vriska for the most part is insanely faster than Sans due to scaling from Jack, so even with time hax, I find it unlikely that she'd lose. I think Vriska would win via blitzing

KR is Karmic Retribution, which is basically Ghost Rider's Penance Stare, it damages you based on how sinful you are. And considering how Vriska basically created Bec Noir just to defeat the ultimate opponent and gain true glory, leading to the death of an entire multiverse... yeah.

CrossverseCrisis said:
So does Sans win here or does Vriska have something that can allow her a victory here?
This is far from a stomp in favor of either, as Vriska's strongest form is Low 2-C, but I'm more inclined to say Sans due to how KR would absolutely demolish someone like Vriska, who's done some baaaaaaad stuff.

From what the others have said above, Vriska is going to get hit really badly if Sans hits her with KR.

The Everlasting said:
KR is Karmic Retribution, which is basically Ghost Rider's Penance Stare, it damages you based on how sinful you are. And considering how Vriska basically created Bec Noir just to defeat the ultimate opponent and gain true glory, leading to the death of an entire multiverse... yeah.
Yeah, but to what extent? He was only able to strip Chara's health away by very little pieces, and Chara's sins by that point were pretty damn bad.

Either way, I say Vriska blitzes before Sans can think to use KR.

HomestuckLover1 said:
Yeah, but to what extent? He was only able to strip Chara's health away by very little pieces, and Chara's sins by that point were pretty damn bad.

Either way, I say Vriska blitzes before Sans can think to use KR.
Chara had killed less than the population of the entire underground and KR, assuming it hit once, takes around a minute and thirty seconds to end them. Whenever they are hit again, it speeds up. Vriska caused the death of an entire multiverse just so she could get personal glory. KR is gonna be devestating.

Not only is it not in character for Vris to blitz, but she's also gonna need to roll the Fluorite Octet to do her best attacks, let alone gain access to her AA form. Sans isn't the type of person to let those dice land.

Would Sans even realize what the dice were meant for? Also, I doubt that the moment she decides to swing her sword, Sans will be able to dodge fast enough.

Incredibly likely, as Sans is a very clever opponent. He wouldn't just assume she was throwing dice for no reason. We're talking about someone who can tell the number of times he's killed you by looking at your face.

Vris even having her sword is assuming she can activate AA (which is also what would grant her the speed advantage), which I sincerely doubt Sans would let her do.

For the record, we don't know what form Vriska is starting off with, it could be her base for all we know, but she could be starting off in AA. Plus, Vrisk is bloodlusted, so it doesn't really matter if it would be out-of-character.

The Everlasting said:
For the record, we don't know what form Vriska is starting off with, it could be her base for all we know, but she could be starting off in AA. Plus, Vrisk is bloodlusted, so it doesn't really matter if it would be out-of-character.
The OP only says Sans is "bloodlusted", not Vris.

Are we sure that KR is more effective the more sinful the target is, though? I know it sounds logical, but there's not much implication of this.

The Everlasting said:
Whoops, misread the OP. Still making a point about the AA thing.
True, but isn't it usually presumed that characters start out in their "current base" unless specified otherwise? Vris is always in God Tier mode, technically. She also only activates AA on a perfect roll, so it's not something she always has on.

WarriorWare said:
Are we sure that KR is more effective the more sinful the target is, though? I know it sounds logical, but there's not much implication of this.
Assumed to work more on sinful enemies, going by text during the Sans fight.

Unless we assume it works equally on everything, which I feel is giving it a bit too much credit.

WarriorWare said:
Yeah. That's what's bothering me about it... It sounds somewhat like an NLF

HomestuckLover1 said:
Yeah. That's what's bothering me about it... It sounds somewhat like an NLF
It's due to implications during the fight. I also feel assuming it could kill anyone regardless of their sins would be far more fallacious.

Oh my, I love both characters, was kinda waiting for this

i agree with KR being super effective on vriska, and I think her luck manipulation would not work very well against someone who cheats reality the way sans does, having to go throught a maze of bones and gasterblasters with her melee range would be terrible for her, and the fact that sans can even dodge while sleeping even makes her telephaty fairly useless

Just listened to the HS version of Megalovania. I vastly prefer the UT version. It's much more frantic.

It's almost odd how none of Sans's attacks involve any kind of RNG, even though that would make him even more frustrating and ergo more effective at what he was trying to do. However, this time, it works in his favor, since there's no luck factor to manipulate. And did I hear right? Melee range? Ouch. That sucks for anyone fighting Sans.

WarriorWare said:
Just listened to the HS version of Megalovania. I vastly prefer the UT version. It's much more frantic.
It's almost odd how none of Sans's attacks involve any kind of RNG, even though that would make him even more frustrating and ergo more effective at what he was trying to do. However, this time, it works in his favor, since there's no luck factor to manipulate. And did I hear right? Melee range? Ouch. That sucks for anyone fighting Sans.
The UT version is probably my favorite of Toby's three renditions, but this is likely my favorite version of the song, overall.

I think a lot of that was intentional. While one could argue the Sans fight is "unfair", he's meant to be beaten through trial and error, just as Chara is essentially being killed repeatedly, but learning from their mistakes each time. While one can view Sans as the "cheater" for breaking rules of the game as you knew them, he's technically fighting more fairly than you are, considering your infinite number of do-overs.

man, sans is such an interesting character to put in battles. he's sort of like a pro level pokemon where his sheer specialization in very specific hax and statistics let him obliterate other characters that are way higher then him in statistical totals. I think the one punch man manga said it best where a monster that is really good at just attacking and disabling a [live] target is more dangerous to an oponent then a stronger monster that just thrashs around and relies on its brute force to win.

Seems that despite how annoyingly difficult Sans intends to be, he is still a skeleton of honor.

I feel like posting mixes is cheating, since it's several different versions of the song at once. I do quite like Jonny Atma's cover of the song but maybe I'm just a crazy Jonny fanboy. I even made a profile for the guy that got deleted, lol.

Can Sans break Vriska's die with telekinesis? (Dunno if I asked this already).

If so, then Ancestrial Awakening and all of Vriska's other stuff would become inavailable to her from the moment she rolls them.

Not sure how Karmic Retribution would affect someone like Vriska, because for all of her killing, shes never shown to do it just for the mere pleasure of it, she has shown she can feel remorse for her actions, and in order to continue what she does, she has to go through massive cognitive dissonance and has to justify to herself some way, even if in a shitty way, not to mention she was raised with the ideals of kill or be killed in the sense that if she didnt kill others to feed her lusus mother figure, it would kill and eat her

I don't think she would have as much as someone like Chara, who, regardless of the amount of deaths, feels nothing except pleasure and determination top keep killing for the sake of killing until the whole world is destroyed and everything in it.

Like whos more evil in those situations? Someones who killed more but can feel regret and is starting to understand that its wrong and would never kill people they cared about, or someone whos killed less and feels nothing except joy and would kill everyone they could get their hands on? I would say Chara myself, but not sure how others would see it

Also there is the fact that despite what Vriska claims, she isn't repsonsible for the creation of Bec Noir. She put Jade to sleep to stop her from prototyping something else and then Becqueral jumped into the sprite of his own accord. Technically its nobodys fault because the Creation of Bec Noir is a temporally dependant event, it would happen regardless of character choice or action and if it didnt its a doomed timeline. Vriska just liked to say it was all her fault because it put her in the spotlight, any attention is attention i guess for her

Also she scales to him becauce they did fight in one timeline, and Bec Noir destroys the human universe, but i cant remember if it was ever shown the outcome of that fight, even the omnicsient character says he couldnt be sure of the outcome if i remember correctly. So she can at least hold her own against him i would guess

Vriska was actively working towards the creation of Bec Noir, so even if it is not entirely her fault, she is still responsible and takes a large portion of the blame. There's also the fact she did so, knowing full well the deaths she'd cause, simply so she could potentially defeat him and get the glory.

Yes, Chara is more "evil" than Vriska, but Vris still ranks pretty damn high on the sin count.

Vris only scales to Jack in her Ancestral Awakening form, which as I've pointed out, requires all eight dice in the Fluorite Octet to land on 8. I don't know if Sans would even let them land, at all.

Didn't she tell John that she had to do that or else they'd be in a Doomed Timeline? Time in Homestuck requires things to proceed in a certain way, or else that timeline just fades from existence.

Then there's the whole problem with if KR gets stronger depending on a person's sins.

Would Sans even know what the dice are for? If I saw an enemy just randomly tossing dice before the fight began, I'd just be confused, I wouldn't consider the fact that landing 8 eights would make them unimaginably stronger, or even make them stronger at all. Plus there's the fact that this fight could have Vriska start out in Ancestral Awakening.

I agree, she gets KR for sure, just less than Chara would.

and yeah the dice thing depends on if Sans can find someway or loophole within the odds to make it so they don't fall or gets lucky and is able to destroy them or stop them somehow, but Vriska has the power of Luck on her side

Sans may be good at reading people and making guesses basd on his perception, but has no way of knowing 100% for sure, for him, its still a chance he could be wrong and he can be wrong about stuff like that. Remember in the diner when he straight up says to the kid "and you havent died a single time" or something like that, and its only after he sees your face that he guesses he might be wrong

Its still a chancy thing, despite its accuracy, and if theres chance involved id say Vriska wins the coin flip

• edit* not to mention eyes, seeing and perception all are powers that fall under Light anyway, so Vriska could even make it so Sans can't percieve or make guesses based on what shes about to do, by stealing it away from him

KR is pretty much directly liked to the amount of pain you've inflicted on others (EXP) seemingly only in the eyes of the universe. it's how much blood is on your hands and has nothing to do with ones mental state as Chara traveling back in time ungains any EXP as the person you got it from by killing is still alive. Which brings something sort of unavoidable for vriska, not only did Vriska kill trolls, feeding them to a giant spide, not only did Vriska cause the death of Tavros, her gaurdian, The Trolls' Black King and Aradia if memory serves. Vriska also spent SGRUB killing enemies that inevitably will still count for KR, so I think Vriska may have it even worse then Chara

I believe so, but we don't know how much of that is true. Vris isn't a huge expert on that kind of stuff. She's not Aranea.

Indeed. However, there's always the matter of if it doesn't, and it just works equally on everybody, Sans could just use it on even the most pure of heart.

Considering Sans can tell how many times he's killed you just by looking at your face, I think he'd realize that he should probably just not stand by the wayside and do nothing while his opponent chucks dice. Since Vriska's always in GT form, and AA is a form she used once in a hypothetical alternate timeline, I'm assuming she begins in her most common form, as it is not specified in the OP.

DahniWitchofLight said:
I agree, she gets KR for sure, just less than Chara would.
and yeah the dice thing depends on if Sans can find someway or loophole within the odds to make it so they don't fall or gets lucky and is able to destroy them or stop them somehow, but Vriska has the power of Luck on her side

Sans may be good at reading people and making guesses basd on his perception, but has no way of knowing 100% for sure, for him, its still a chance he could be wrong and he can be wrong about stuff like that. Remember in the diner when he straight up says to the kid "and you havent died a single time" or something like that, and its only after he sees your face that he guesses he might be wrong

Its still a chancy thing, despite its accuracy, and if theres chance involved id say Vriska wins the coin flip

• edit* not to mention eyes, seeing and perception all are powers that fall under Light anyway, so Vriska could even make it so Sans can't percieve or make guesses based on what shes about to do, by stealing it away from him
Vriska has the power of luck, but luck runs out. Luck also only gets you so far. Remember, she could only hypothetically compete with Bec Noir by having literally ALL the luck, and even in that case, it wasn't guaranteed she'd be victorious.

Sans can definitely be wrong, as he's not infallible, but he's pretty damn good at what he does. Vriska's also not very good at hiding her intentions without mind control, seeing as she's a pretty direct kind of person.

However, remember, even stealing luck likely wouldn't immediately push things in her favor, as Sans relies far more on raw skill than lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back