• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I got this idea because 1. Re:Zero is my favorite anime while Undertale is my favorite game. And 2. Frisk's ability to LOAD is very similar to RTZ (assuming it's time reversal). Still gonna need to make some ground rules for this though.

9-B Subaru.

Both are bloodlusted, obviously win by death. (Remember that monsters are weak to murderous intentions so Sans' durability probably won't help). Edit: Since Sans cannot put down Subaru for good, I'll add incapacitation, and simply giving up.

Speed equalized.

They start at 10 feet away from each other in an open field at high noon, oh and Sans can determine that Subaru is coming back to life (like how he can tell the number of times he's killed Frisk solely due to their expression) without the Witch interfering.

If you need to mention anything non anime about Re:Zero then that's fine but I'll ask that you keep it to a minimum since I'm an anime only watcher (I've already gotten spoiled a bit from the pages but it's whatever).

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sans

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Natsuki_Subaru

Sans:

Subaru:

Inconclusive: 4 (Ricsi, Catman, Phoenks, and Arceus)

HeCatThunderMan said:
sans would win wtf, you literally said "win by death" so subarus main power "Return By Death" is useless
You're concentrating too much on semantics and not enough on the scenario described.

Alright, so, the dura negation through intention isn't helping that much. It works wonders when the enemy tries to spare you, but otherwise it doesn't amp you that much.

But Sans can't get past the time Reversal, and while Subaru would go insane eventually, he wouldn't die. And no, the reason for subaru's time Reversal has no bearing on his soul as far as I understand.

So he gets lucky eventually I guess. Or Sans figures out that Subaru has no control over going back in time and just gives up himself.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Alright, so, the dura negation through intention isn't helping that much. It works wonders when the enemy tries to spare you, but otherwise it doesn't amp you that much.
But Sans can't get past the time Reversal, and while Subaru would go insane eventually, he wouldn't die. And no, the reason for subaru's time Reversal has no bearing on his soul as far as I understand.

So he gets lucky eventually I guess. Or Sans figures out that Subaru has no control over going back in time and just gives up himself.
But you're able to one shot Toriel, a monster basically equal to Asgore, via pure murderous intentions. Yes Toriel is debatably holding back because she doesn't want to kill you, the same argument could be made for Asgore, but since she isn't trying to spare you, and it's not a betrayal kill, it should still be taken into account, not to mention how much damage you actually do to her, a monster with 80 DEF (far higher than most others, including Undyne who's DEF is only 20) being higher than the HP of any non DT and/or soul amplified monster in the game.

Good point, I should add another way to win other than permanently killing the other, since that'll only end as either an incon or Sans loses for the same reason he loses on the Genocide Route, never being able to put the opponent down.

SBA assume that neither opponent gives up unless specified in the thread, but I will add that most likely.

Edited it so that incapacitation and giving up are counted as scenarios for victory, since I feel it's close to a stomp if Sans literally cannot win.

Any fight with Subaru in it is Inconclusive imo, because no matter what he will just reset when he loses. He could just repeatedly do the same thing over and over again looking for a small opening to strike and take the chance next run through. I want to say Subaru would win, but this is Sans, so his space manipulation pretty much cuts off openings. The fight is pretty much an endless cycle of death until they figure out it is pretty pointless. My vote is Inconclusive.

Catman1132000 said:
Any fight with Subaru in it is Inconclusive imo, because no matter what he will just reset when he loses. He could just repeatedly do the same thing over and over again looking for a small opening to strike and take the chance next run through. I want to say Subaru would win, but this is Sans, so his space manipulation pretty much cuts off openings. The fight is pretty much an endless cycle of death until they figure out it is pretty pointless. My vote is Inconclusive.
Any fight? You do realize there are MANY characters who wouldn't care about RBD right? In this case, Sans wouldn't be able to kill him permanently, but that's not the only way to win here. Uh, Sans doesn't have space manipulation. Well, this match is blatantly an inconclusive in any case, I'd say, I'm not sure if it could be added regardless. I also heard that apparently Sans cannot be in a match against characters outside of his tier now. So this thread should probably just be forgotten.

Incon for reasons above. Although Subaru is kinda good at gaining information from RBD he is not getting around Sans.

Unfortunate.

Back