• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs. Arzon Rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nico-v11 said:
Why wouldn't Arzon get to Mach 60000 or more? He blitzes his original speed two times over. So if a blitz is 4-5x times faster and he's able to increase his speed to a blitz degree twice then that means he should be 8-10x faster than his original speed.

So that would mean Arzon would be between Mach 20,768 and 25,960. As crazy as that sounds anyway that's what stacking his speed upgrades would entail.
Yes, you did. But mach 20k isn't any less flawed. And weekly knows this for a fact.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Kalt No one is saying Sans isnt faster in base, but Arzon has a speed amp that lets him blitz people as fast as himself normally and then another transformation that lets him blitz THAT speed
I'm aware.

His base is three times slower than people who are slower than an extremely tired Sans.

The latter does have the speed advantage

Edit: Six times, if the Sea Tea is a x2 multiplier

Yes, you did. But mach 20k isn't any less flawed. And weekly knows this for a fact.

Oops take away a zero there that was supposed to be 6000

Nithing. Still, yoi are relatively new to this I assume, so no fault on you. Speed stacking is flawed for a reason tough, the page dedicated to it explains it relatively well.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Nithing. Still, yoi are relatively new to this I assume, so no fault on you. Speed stacking is flawed for a reason tough, the page dedicated to it explains it relatively well.
However there is a flaw there that will not accurately describe Arzon's ability to tremendously increase his speed. Now just low balling that his increases in speed to be 2x a piece how would you describe him increasing his speed with his abilities?

There's absolutely no other way to describe Arzon being able to enhance his speed twice than through this method. It is simply adding a speed upgrade on top of another speed upgrade.

Calc stacking is normally associated with using the results of one calc and using them in another that are not directly related. Example: character A has a speed of mach 1 and this result is used with the weight of the character (assuming 180 pounds) that charges at character B in order to get an AP value for character A. Essentially meaning 180 pounds going at mach 1 speeds resulting in "x" joules/tons of force.

The difference here is that Arzon's abilities are multiplying his speeds by nature, therefore that is the only real way of accurately describing his speed when combining the amps.

Example of Calc Stacking that is not permitted from the cacl stacking page: "Character A moved so fast that character B couldn't react to him. So character A needs to have crossed the distance until he could be seen by character B again in the time that character B requires to react. Since we know from a calculation how long character B needs to react we can calculate the speed of character A based on that. "

Now what I understand here and from what I was suggesting earlier is that by using "Arzon blitzing" as the calc that means I am calc stacking since it uses a reaction of another character. Fine I understand that much now. The problem we run into is that Arzon is still fully capable of dramatically increasing his speed and fully capable of increasing that speed with a similar speed amp. This will inevitably lead to Arzon surpassing Sans to an unquantifiable degree (temporarily) even without using the above mentioned method of using actual numbers.

It is still not a known number. Especially not enough to breach a difference where, as Kaltias said, "His base is three times slower than people who are slower than an extremely tired Sans."

We don't even allow relativistic to be crossed into lightspeed like that, pet alone this.

Sans >>> extremely tired Sans >>> Frisk ~ Mach 3000-6000 (Depending if we count the sea tea stuff, which is fine if it is actually twice as fast comparing frames)

2 boosts Arzon >>> 1 boost Arzon >>> base Arzon ~ Mach 2500 (No one evaluated that calc btw).

Sans is faster

Nico, I understand your logic, but that's like me actually trying to make this girl's 5-B key 4-A because she scales that far above the 5-B feat.

Upscaling only gets you so far, and it definitely doesn't make you superior to someone who scales from a higher feat while having a similar scaling chain

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Hey kalt, do you have the power to add this to sans or arzon? On a phone, so I can do neither right now.
Gimme 30 minutes and I will do so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back