• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans (Undertale) VS Steve (Minecraft) (Grace)

Steve doesn't know the location Sans is in. Even SBA only gives a general knowledge at the start of the match, not mid or after being teleported away from the enemy.

1. Because you said sans would only tire when dodging, when he clearly tires down by using his powers.
Show me a proof sans only tiring when using his powers.
3. Not a BFR, you need to keep your opponent away for a week IIRC, steven can go back to the mountain in like 2 days, 3 tops, in fact, spawning outside would give steven time to prep too.
No he needs to come back and found his way and he can die to fall damage

It says on the OP that he spawned outside the mountain, and yet he put a bed there and fought sans, so i assume he knows exactly where he had to go.

Sans tires due to using his powers and dodging. Even if he had Googol DEF, he'd eventually get tired. His stamina is finite anyway.

He's High 8-C, a fall from orbit wouldn't kill him.

Whether he can move around the Underground in a week is debatable tbh.
We use game mechanics to justify his Mid regen, you can't disregard it for other things.

And, he doesn't know about the underground period. He has absolutely no idea that there is a thing under a mountain where he needs to move through multiple places to reach his enemy.

I never said only, read my comment, he tires by both dodging and using his powers.

You already made it in clear in the OP he knows where to go, and fall damage is game mechanics.

He's High 8-C, a fall from orbit wouldn't kill him.

Whether he can move around the Underground in a week is debatable tbh.
Wait does thatmean steve killed monsters or we assume they immidently appear there? If they just appear steve needs to fight toriel undyne monsters and etc. right?

We use game mechanics to justify his Mid regen, you can't disregard it for other things.

And, he doesn't know about the underground period. He has absolutely no idea that there is a thing under a mountain where he needs to move through multiple places to reach his enemy.
Then Mid regen should be modified or go. Fall damage is pure mechanics.

Sans tires due to using his powers and dodging. Even if he had Googol DEF, he'd eventually get tired. His stamina is finite anyway.
That is meant to say that he will spawn outside once his bed is destroyed, not that he had an adventure through the underground before facing Sans.
I never said only, read my comment, he tires by both dodging and using his powers.

You already made it in clear in the OP he knows where to go, and fall damage is game mechanics.
Almost all game mechanics are accepted for the profile? Even difficulty settings are, and it's claimed that the game rules and laws of physics are created by the Player too.

This is so confusing so sans kills steve then destroys the bed right? We all agree with this
But then you guys say steve comes back from outside not getting BFRd survived the fall damage fights all the monsters (I think) and finds sans again, Then sans kills him and its all over again until sans tires?

Yeah because the player is canon to the game, but fall damage isn't mentioned anywhere, if you think the mid regen is also the same kind of game mechanic, just remove it in a CRT, dozens of videogames characters die to falls despite being tier 8 or more.

Also SBA says no outside influence, stalling steven would be affecting the fight.

That's canon though. So it can be used.
Yeah, but, if you assume the rules and physics of the game are set by the player... then you shouldn't assume that rules and physics are game mechanics?
Yeah because the player is canon to the game, but fall damage isn't mentioned anywhere, if you think the mid regen is also the same kind of game mechanic, just remove it in a CRT, dozens of videogames characters die to falls despite being tier 8 or more.
Well, the only canon claim is that they make worlds with their imagination. Every other ability is extrapolation from that. And it's not like there aren't canon things that directly refer to it, such as enchantments and items to prevent it, or the ender pearls being made to simalate fall damage when thrown.

Yeah, but, if you assume the rules and physics of the game are set by the player... then you shouldn't assume that rules and physics are game mechanics?

Well, the only canon claim is that they make worlds with their imagination. Every other ability is extrapolation from that. And it's not like there aren't canon things that directly refer to it, such as enchantments and items to prevent it, or the ender pearls being made to simalate fall damage when thrown.
I don't quite get what you mean here. Fall damage is game mechanics so it can't be used. Difficulty stuff isn't.

Those are items. Of course some of them will mitigate game mechanic based effects. Kratos sure as hell wouldn't die from a fall yet his wings to mitigate that are canon. As for the powers, then they should be CRTed if so.

Just because some game mechanics are canon, doesn't mean all them are, just look at TF2, everyone is 9-A and they take fall damage from like 5 meters high, that's not even 9-B, and they also have regen from bullet wounds.

Also they should have mid too since they can heal from arrows to the face

Even if we assume fall damage is canon, they would be outliers, even the highest should be like 9-A.

I don't quite get what you mean here. Fall damage is game mechanics so it can't be used. Difficulty stuff isn't.

Those are items. Of course some of them will mitigate game mechanic based effects. Kratos sure as hell wouldn't die from a fall yet his wings to mitigate that are canon. As for the powers, then they should be CRTed if so.
Based on what? What makes one more canon than the other? The only piece of lore the game gives pretaining to anything, is that there is a being whose imagination creates worlds. Saying that something cannot happen because it contradicts real world physics is pretty baseless.

And, I mean, what is canon then? If whole enchantments can be removed because it doesn't fit with the real world, then on what would you decide what is canon? Can he just spam enderpearls without getting hurt then? What about building speed, whole days can pass to make a building, even though it's actually only an hour by the player's prespective.

There is no lore, or even physics to fall back on for Minecraft. The game doesn't apply to real world physics well anyways, the one piece of lore outright claims that reality is just something's imagination, so... there is nothing you could make a profile off of if you don't take game mechanics at face fault.

Just because some game mechanics are canon, doesn't mean all them are, just look at TF2, everyone is 9-A and they take fall damage from like 5 meters high, that's not even 9-B, and they also have regen from bullet wounds.

Also they should have mid too since they can heal from arrows to the face

Even if we assume fall damage is canon, they would be outliers, even the highest should be like 9-A.
Yeah. Pulverizing items also lets them become collactable and easily placed. Obsidian is tier 7. You can walk somewhere where water is instantly vaporized, but die in seconds when exposed to something water easily cools down.

So are these good?
Sans wincon
Sans destroys steves bed and kills him steve tries to come back but fails and gets BFRd and sans takes the win?
Steves wincon
Steve throws a arrow that slowly tires sans and sans doesn’t see the bed but think its unbreakable like the save points and dies.
Sans wincon is more likely so sans wins?

Fall damage is obviously game mechanics unless we'd want to downgrade a massive amount of fictional game characters to at most street level when they have other feats higher than that.

In fact it's not only video games, it's fiction in general. Many times characters like DCAU Superman would have far higher feats than what fall damage could possible achieve yet they still get hurt by it.

Fall damage in general fiction is an inconsistency.

I'll give my thoughts on the vs match later but I had to shut that argument out.

Again, outlierish game mechanics, the collecting stuff is violent fragmentation last time i checked, obsidian is just tough.

Also why are we even arguing fall damage, steve knows where he has to go, so he just digs through the side of the mountain, a rock shovel and pickaxe is more than enough.

Hell, he has 2 days of prep before the fight, he can make a house outside with chests and items, so even if he dies he just keeps getting better until he manages to kill sans.

Based on what? What makes one more canon than the other? The only piece of lore the game gives pretaining to anything, is that there is a being whose imagination creates worlds. Saying that something cannot happen because it contradicts real world physics is pretty baseless.
The fact that one is mentioned in canon and the other isn't. Whether its valid is irrelevant, since currently, that's the interpretation taken. If you disagree with it then CRT it.

Really, we don't need to argue at length why Fall damage isn't canon.

Fall damage is obviously game mechanics unless we'd want to downgrade a massive amount of fictional game characters to at most street level when they have other feats higher than that.

In fact it's not only video games, it's fiction in general. Many times characters like DCAU Superman would have far higher feats than what fall damage could possible achieve yet they still get hurt by it.

Fall damage in general fiction is an inconsistency.

I'll give my thoughts on the vs match later but I had to shut that argument out
Again, outlierish game mechanics.

Also why are we even arguing fall damage, steve knows where he has to go, so he just digs through the side of the mountain, a rock shovel and pickaxe is more than enough.
How does he know I am confused I didnt add anything about steve knowing the place did I?

"Steven spawned outside the mountain"
"He has a bed in the judgement hall"
"2 days of prep"

SBA also says steven knows the direction sans starts, so since he is outside the mountain he knows where he has to go.

"Steven spawned outside the mountain"
I wrote that because when your beds broken you soawn the place you spawned at the start that has nothing to do with knowledge
"He has a bed in the judgement hall"
So he can respawn and sans can break it? No knowledge
"2 days of prep"
If I am correct prep time doesn’t give knowledge
SBA also says steven knows the direction sans starts, so since he is outside the mountain he knows where he has to go.

Then fix the OP, because you wrote it super wrong, you don't say "he spawned outside the mountain" if that ain't in the past.

Steve bed is at the same place as frisks save point steve spawns outside of the mountain if bed gets broken steve has his bows and steve has 2 days prep time no knowledge, Sans after a few kills understands the bed mechanic

The fact that one is mentioned in canon and the other isn't. Whether its valid is irrelevant, since currently, that's the interpretation taken. If you disagree with it then CRT it.

Really, we don't need to argue at length why Fall damage isn't canon.
It does not though. The only thing that is claimed is that the player sometimes dreams of being on a molten rock and sometimes on a flat world, in a cold one with a black sun or no summer, or one that is soft and warm. It also described Minecraft being programmed, but taking that interpretation would make everything about the programming canon.

Other than that, it only described the player dreaming its in different realities, with the real world also being a dream. Nothing else is canon. Either you take the fact that it states the game was imagined as it is and made real, or... not that.

Even without weapons, a simple oneshot is all it takes.

Sans scales to 0.02422 tons in AP, and even without armor Steve scales to .3 tons in durability. Steve has 12 times the durability of Sans's AP, so in terms of physical damage alone, Sans is not affecting Steve at all and Steve will drastically oneshot.

Soul Manipulation in Undertale isn't a 100% hax ability, it only really works after Frisk is killed, in which their soul gets destroyed. There's a reason why "to an extent" is added in Sans AP about ignoring durability.

From what I remembered, vsbattles treats KARMA as poison manipulation (despite how it should obviously be soul manipulation), but regardless KARMA alone does not kill, it just leaves you at the brink of death. Again, Sans does not have the AP to harm Steve, so even if we were to assume KARMA would work 110% on Steve, it alone wouldn't be enough to kill him.

Steve in Midgame, especially with 2 days of preptime, is very likely to have enderpearls (which means experience with teleporting endermen), golden apples, and bows and arrows. With speed equalized, Steve should be guaranteed to get one hit in, which is hpnestly all it takes. That's of course assuming Steve doesn't just snipe him with his bow either.

So basically this fight has no-wincon for Sans. Like poison in Minecraft, KARMA in Undertale alone doesn't kill, and Sans has no AP nor ability to deal the finishing blow. Even if he did, that goes under the assumption that Steve wouldn't be able to land JUST ONE hit on Sans in the long time period that Karma alone takes to kill, and under the assumption that Steve can't just overpower the regen with his natural regen alone, let alone golden apples.

With that being said, I would have voted for Steve if it weren't a stomp.

Back