• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
stamina isnt even that important considering that wb has far higher ap and dura neg wb doesnt need to outlast sanji

Blackbeard had hit the air from a far away place and the entire fort of Marineford came crumbling down lmao
Sanji won't fly from shit, he's getting sniped harder than the ducks from Duck Hunt.

WB's dura neg would do more lethal damage than Germa's regeneration can handle.
Black Beard, who takes twice more damage, took a direct earthquake to his face and was literally okay afterwards.

Flight is literally useless when the air is broken.
Ehhhh, how? His earthquakes have a travel speed, it's possible to evade them, even moreso with blitz level speed and flight.
Oldbeard > Sickbeard >~ Sakazuki > Marco ~ Sanji
AP/Dura isn't everything in a fight, yk? And this scaling chain would amount to what? A 1,3x difference in stats?
Sanji doesn't have more stamina than WB.
His only feat is 3 days, Sanji has a months-long feat. Again, y'all know that stamina and endurance aren't the same, right?

Black Beard, who takes twice more damage, took a direct earthquake to his face and was literally okay afterwards.

Ehhhh, how? His earthquakes have a travel speed, it's possible to evade them, even moreso with blitz level speed and flight.

AP/Dura isn't everything in a fight, yk? And this scaling chain would amount to what? A 1,3x difference in stats?

His only feat is 3 days, Sanji has a months-long feat. Again, y'all know that stamina and endurance aren't the same, right?
This isn't correct at all but I gotta sleep so I'll address the worst parts.
First of all, Blackbeard has amped pain, not damage iirc, different things.
Second of all, Sanji doesn't have month long stamina feats, Idk where y'all got that from when he literally passed out after like three hours of fighting in a war.

Last edited:
Yeah WB kind of just takes this

Marco was clapping the **** out of Queen and was pretty equal to King, while Sanji struggled with the former despite having a colossal speed advantage

I know Kachon is gonna say "That was because of Queen's tricks!" And to that I say "And you're implying turning the battlefield into paper mache ISN'T a good trick?"

Just realized I spelled some stuff wrong in my previous comment lol
Anyway how many votes is that for Sickbeard

Puny blonde man that gets passively neg due to womanizing women psychosisloses to dying yet still strong family man who he respects the challenger, being worthy of his time "You're crew sure is strong straw hat". FRA.

This isn't correct at all but I gotta sleep so I'll address the worst parts.
First of all, Blackbeard has amped pain, not damage iirc, different things.
Doesn't change the fact Teach took the attack directly to his face (and therefore his brain) and was literally fine afterwards, and quoting Teach's own profile:

His gravity powers has the perpetual consequence that things such as his opponents attacks are attracted to him, which increases the power of the attacks and consequently the pain he takes from them.
Second of all, Sanji doesn't have month long stamina feats, Idk where y'all got that from when he literally passed out after like three hours of fighting in a war.
Did you read his training arc or at least his profile? The whole deal with Hell Memories, Sky Walk and his training itself is that he spent literal months running and fighting without rest and his profile literally says the bare minimum for this feat is 3 months.

Y'all are voting either without addressing the arguments or not understanding them, that's why I hate in-verse threads with OP, people just go with the "lol this character is a god tier so he can't be defeated hur dur".

3 months of running away with obvious breaks is a lot different than fighting for 3 months non stop without any breaks.
Someone finally ******* said it... Thank god..
Doesn't change the fact Teach took the attack directly to his face (and therefore his brain) and was literally fine afterwards, and quoting Teach's own profile:

His gravity powers has the perpetual consequence that things such as his opponents attacks are attracted to him, which increases the power of the attacks and consequently the pain he takes from them.

Did you read his training arc or at least his profile? The whole deal with Hell Memories, Sky Walk and his training itself is that he spent literal months running and fighting without rest and his profile literally says the bare minimum for this feat is 3 months.

Y'all are voting either without addressing the arguments or not understanding them, that's why I hate in-verse threads with OP, people just go with the "lol this character is a god tier so he can't be defeated hur dur".
Crazy how this guy is also not addressing the arguments and just using ad hominem.

ad hominem.
Ad monkenem

About the fight, narratively, I don´t see Sanji defeating Old whitebeard, but that is narratively

Sickbeard though, he dies passively
f.elconfidencial.com%2Foriginal%2Fe4f%2F7df%2Fa4d%2Fe4f7dfa4d09b7ed3581420237360dd7c.jpg

Oldbeard seems still take this

Sanji has potential to surpass him in this version. Dont know about prime version.

Voting for WB

Starting Distance: 20 m

Pre-Marineford Whitebeard is being used.
Post-Awakening Sanji is being used.
voting for sanji here

I believe that while Whitebeard may have superior ap and haki, he lacks the speed necessary to effectively counter Sanji. Sanji's agility and swiftness scale incredibly high, allowing him to evade attacks and launch quick, powerful strikes on his opponents. In contrast, Whitebeard's comparatively slow movements willl put him at a disadvantage in a fight against Sanji.

Another important point to consider is Sanji's fighting style, particularly when it comes to landing critical hits on his opponents. Unlike Akainu, who was shown to give his opponents time to recover after landing a devastating blow, Sanji is known for his unrelenting attacks once he has an opening.

After landing a critical hit, Sanji often follows up with a barrage of even more powerful attacks, keeping the pressure on his opponent and not allowing them time to recover. This strategy can be particularly effective against opponents with lower durability or those who rely on their brute strength to overpower their opponents.

One of Sanji's most devastating attacks is the Bouf Burst, which involves him delivering a powerful kick to his opponent's midsection, creating a massive explosion. This attack has been shown to be powerful enough to take down even the toughest opponents, making it hard for me to believe whitebeard is walking it off.

Overall, Sanji's fighting style, which focuses on speed, agility, and unrelenting attacks, could prove to be a challenge for opponents like Whitebeard, who rely heavily on their physical strength and haki.

I dont think that whitebeard would be completely hopeless though, due to his incredible dc, he could throw quake punches in all directions in hope of making contact with sanji. However In order for wb to seriously damage sanji, he would need to land a quake punch directly on his body which I find hard to visualize happening.

So there is no win con for whitebeard besides assuming he can magically react to sanji which is a courtesy I notice a lot of people tend to grant sanji's opponents for some reason

In conclusion, while Whitebeard may have superior ap and haki, his lack of speed and durability means he wouldn't fare well against sanji

I still believe that WB's superior AP (especially with Hao Infusion), durability, dura neg, range with his quakes (that'll let him control the battlefield), and monstrous stamina advantage give him the win.

Sanji needs his Enhanced Speed and IJ to have the speed advantage, and Queen stated that Sanji can't use his Enhanced speed forever since it exhausts him, and I just don't think there's any way for him to outlast Whitebeard.

A sick and weakened WB took a fuckton of internal and external damage (including having his face melted by heat) and kept swinging.

WB wins mid diff.
Regarding Whitebeard's superior durability, unless I am mistaken, wasn't he pierced by multiple Vice Admirals and even someone as weak as Squard? If your saying he's going to defend with haki then you need to substantiate that via reaction feats.

As for his damage output, I don't believe this can be considered a valid win condition. If Whitebeard throws punches at random, it would leave him vulnerable. Unlike whitebeard, sanji has Airwalk, so destroying the battlefield and creating a difficult terrain to fight in only serves to help Sanji. Additionally, Whitebeard's quake punches would probably not deal any significant damage to Sanji if he doesn't land them while he is close to him.

Regarding enhanced speed and IJ scaling, I cannot see why a base Sanji or Diable Jambe Sanji wouldn't drastically outscale Oldbeard. Even with the most favorable interpretations of his feats during Marineford, Oldbeard is barely faster than Marco, while Sanji is multiple levels above Marco's speed.

As for Queen's statement, some people take this out of context and assume it means that Sanji can't use his full speed for an extended period of time. This is not what Queen stated. All Queen said was that Sanji would eventually need to reappear, which he would, as Sanji doesn't have infinite stamina. It doesn't imply a timeframe or anything of that sort. Even if it did, it's important to note that Sanji was severely fatigued at that point, so that's not a valid debunk.

If we take this at face value, Sanji undoubtedly has better stamina than Oldbeard, just not better endurance. Unless we're using a hypothetically healthy Oldbeard, there is no way that a cancer patient like him would be able to outlast Sanji without having a heart attack since he can't stay hooked up to his meds while fighting. Remember that marco stated (even before the fighting started) whitebeard's sickness already had an effect on his performance! So in a fight against a superhuman that can regenerate how is this cancer patient supposed to outlast him without dying of sickness or heart attack first?

The problem with arguing that Oldbeard will last against Sanji like he did against Akainu is that Akainu doesn't fight like Sanji. Akainu doesn't follow up on critical blows, which is a significant factor that could have potentially helped him win against Whitebeard during his first heart attack. However, for some reason, Akainu is not a smart fighter when it comes to that. Sanji, on the other hand, is completely different. If you give him an opportunity to attack you, he's going to bring the pain.

Speed

Whitebeard: Oldbeard ~ Shanks >~ Kid >~ Life-Amped Big Mom > Homies Big Mom ~ Marco
Sanji: Ifrit Jambe + SS > DJ + SS > DJ > Hybrid Queen Perception ~ Marco
I find it strange to use Shank's movement and jumping speed to scale Oldbeard since Oldbeard most likely doesn't scale to those factors. After all, Shank's movement speed is what allowed him to close the gap and catch Kid off guard in the first place.

Furthermore, the claim that Shanks is superior to Kid is also debatable. While Shanks did attack Kid, it's important to consider that Kid was in the middle of his own attack. It's reasonable to argue that Kid's movements were impaired due to being attached to Damned Punk. This is further supported by the fact that Killer was able to react and even attempted to block Shanks' attack.

Back