• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Reasoning?
Ah yes, forgot.

WB has superior AP against everything other than IJ, superior durability, ******* absurd stamina to outlast Sanji, and while IJ can definitely burn him, this is a dude who had half his face melted off and kept fighting.

He only needs a few good hits (especially with Hao Infusion since this is oldbeard) to take Sanji down, Sanji will need a fuckton more hits to take him down and will likely run out of steam first.

WB takes this but not without major burns everywhere.

The fact that his attacks, especially with Hao, combine his monstrous AP with Hao Infusion.
Sanji's durability with haki durability scales above/to Ifrit Jambe + SS.

If Ifrit + SS is above WB's AP, then how would those attacks deal more damage to Sanji with haki?

Honestly Akainu saying his magma is above "mere flames" after negating Ace completely is enough for me to say his heat is above Sanji's.
And as I've shown before, Sickbeard has dealt with this effectively, via either using quakes to deflect it or swatting it with his naginata.

Honestly Akainu saying his magma is above "mere flames" after negating Ace completely is enough for me to say his heat is above Sanji's.
Unless Akainu has seen Ifrit Jambe before saying that, I don't understand how this applies to Sanji?
And as I've shown before, Sickbeard has dealt with this effectively, via either using quakes to deflect it or swatting it with his naginata.
This is fair, but it's also all assuming that he would even be able to do this. Sanji is faster that Whitebeard to the point where he can blitz him, so I heavily doubt that he'd be able to deflect Sanji's kicks like that.

That doesn't mean he wouldn't be burned? When did I ever say that Whtiebeard being burned by Sanji's attacks means that Whitebeard loses?
Because he wasn't passively burned by Akainu, which is higher than Sanji's temperature (magma > fire naturally). And he could still block his attacks without getting burned at any given moment.
Which feats?
Passively vaporizing steel and change the entire environment of Punk Hazard.
That's not how it works.
So which version would we be using? Sickbeard? Oldbeard?
You're wrong then.
?
????? When?
You used a scalling that wasn't accepted.

Because he wasn't passively burned by Akainu, which is higher than Sanji's temperature (magma > fire naturally). And he could still block his attacks without getting burned at any given moment.
Not getting burned by Akainu's passive heat doesn't mean shit.

Luffy during Marineford didn't get burned either, and yet he got burned by WCI Sanji's Diable Jambe.

Unless Akainu has seen Ifrit Jambe before saying that, I don't understand how this applies to Sanji?
He's literally just superior to flames.
I think Oda him self even confirmed this, he scales above them no matter what type of flames they are.
This is fair, but it's also all assuming that he would even be able to do this. Sanji is faster that Whitebeard to the point where he can blitz him, so I heavily doubt that he'd be able to deflect Sanji's kicks like that.
iirc, Whitebeard is relative to Akainu, who's equal to or above Marco, who scales to Queen who Sanji his scaling from.

He's literally just superior to flames.
And Sanji isn't?
I think Oda him self even confirmed this, he scales above them no matter what type of flames they are.
Oda never said this what are you on about
iirc, Whitebeard is relative to Akainu, who's equal to or above Marco, who scales to Queen who Sanji his scaling from.

Whitebeard: Oldbeard Haō Infusion > Oldbeard > Marco ~ No Homies Big Mom AP > Zoan Queen Durability

Sanji: Ifrit Jambe + SS > DJ + SS > DJ > Queen Mech Arm Durability >~ Winch Queen > Sanji Exo > Queen 2 arm sword > Queen 1 arm sword ~ Hybrid Queen =< Marco

Sanji has Heat to severely damage WB
Sanji is fast enough to blitz WB and his attempts to counter the heat with emission or gura shockwaves
Sanji has slightly higher AP
Sanji has regen and better stamina to match WB's endurance
Sanji has mobility in sky walk to avoid shockwaves
Sanji has several different durability negating attacks
Sanji has many AP amps with different Jambes, Super Speed, and Rotations
Sanji has many speed amps with different Jambes and Super Speed
Sanji has superior durability with Exo + Busō
Busō can block out shockwaves, so Whitebeard's fruit is more or less useless here

I mean, it's the literal flame fruit, if it couldn't make blue flames then it wouldn't really live up to it's name.
So we're not only misusing statements and outright lying about them, but we're also giving people abilities they've never shown?

Good to know.

I'm not trying to say Ace/Sabo could make blue flames, but blue flames should be within it's range of abilities because it's the literal flame fruit.
Either way Akainu's statement of simply being superior to flames should put him above Sanji anyway.

The statement explicitly mentioned Devil Fruit ability and how different Devil Fruits interact.

Sanji's flames doesn't come from a Devil Fruit, so I'm not sure why this is even a topic of conversation.

Sanji is fast enough to blitz WB and his attempts to counter the heat with emission or gura shockwaves
Busō can block out shockwaves, so Whitebeard's fruit is more or less useless here
If anyone is voting Whitebeard, at the very least give valid count to points 1 to 5 here.

I'm not trying to say Ace/Sabo could make blue flames, but blue flames should be within it's range of abilities because it's the literal flame fruit.
You're saying the couldn't and then saying they can? Wtf?
Either way Akainu's statement of simply being superior to flames should put him above Sanji anyway.
Akainu's superiority is bot related to his heat, it's elemental advantage a la pokemon, not a heat based thing.

Anyway.
1: Sanji can burn Whitebeard's skin, but if Whitebeard uses his fruit or naginata, he's not doing anything.
main-qimg-ac4b5a06d0389b059f02085581061153-lq.png
(Because of this.)
You're saying the couldn't and then saying they can? Wtf?

Akainu's superiority is bot related to his heat, it's elemental advantage a la pokemon, not a heat based thing.
I'm not saying they can, but it should be possible.
2: I digress
3: Sanji doesn't have higher AP at all, lol.
4: True, he has regen, but Wb can just keep clapping his organs and bones until he's a pile of mush.
5: Shockwaves have a lot of AOE, he may not be able to jump away in time.
6: WB has better dura neg with his fruit.
7: Doesn't matter, WB still has better AP.
8: Yes, but WB has dura neg as I said before.
9: Which didn't stop Akainu ( better Armament than Sanji ) from getting rekt by his attacks, lol.
If it ain't clear, I vote Oldbeard low-mid diff.

Not getting burned by Akainu's passive heat doesn't mean shit.

Luffy during Marineford didn't get burned either, and yet he got burned by WCI Sanji's Diable Jambe.
Luffy never carried through in a clash against Akainu, and Ace's sacrifice indicates that Luffy would possibly be fatally burned.

And unless you believe that Luffy would fight Sanji seriously, that's not a point.
Sanji scales higher than both of thoses.
Feats?
... AP and Speed...?
WB has dura neg and Kenbushoku to deal with.

Luffy never carried through in a clash against Akainu, and Ace's sacrifice indicates that Luffy would possibly be fatally burned.
If he got touched with it, sure.

Can you name a single moment that Whitebeard physically interacted with Akainu's magma without getting a hole burned through him?
Luffy was closer to Akainu's magma than the steel that got vaporized and didn't get burned.

A later Luffy got burned by Sanji's Diable Jambe.

The Punk Hazard feat isn't something that can be quantified for a heat value, so it's irrelevant.
WB has dura neg and Kenbushoku to deal with.
So does Sanji? Also, Sanji can avoid WB's dura neg with his mobility and sky walk, or just take it and regenerate.

If he got touched with it, sure.

Can you name a single moment that Whitebeard physically interacted with Akainu's magma without getting a hole burned through him?

Luffy was closer to Akainu's magma than the steel that got vaporized and didn't get burned.

A later Luffy got burned by Sanji's Diable Jambe.

The Punk Hazard feat isn't something that can be quantified for a heat value, so it's irrelevant.

So does Sanji? Also, Sanji can avoid WB's dura neg with his mobility and sky walk, or just take it and regenerate.
Wasn't Luffy letting him self get hit and burnt by Sanji?

Back