• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I've been told in other Pokémon versus threads they can access all their abilities at once (even though I definitely don't agree with that)
They do apparently, which I hate
  • All of our Pokémon species profiles assume the Pokémon is wild, Level 100 with perfect EVs and IVs, and know every possible move and skill without being trained.

Weaknesses: Weak to Water, Ground and Rock-type moves | Loses Rock-type weakness, but is now also weak to Flying and Psychic-type moves | Same as Monferno
Does that count? Sanji can fly...

They do apparently, which I hate
Oh good luck as Pokemon is pretty massive unto itself. Also trying to disprove that will mean you have to account for the canonicity, the manga, anime, and other fictional works set in the Pokemon franchise.

Flying type moves are either wind based attacks, shockwaves, or using wind tackles or some shit.

Sanji's Diable Jambe is ehh now, fire moves, nah

Why have there been so many Pokemon vs One Piece matches lately?
I dunno.... the biggest question is why are TOG vs One piece matches so popular lately? (you most likely don't know it, but every TOG vs One piece match always ends up with a Hax stomp)

This is a stomp… because I’m here the monkey is above planet lvl

Otherwise the ape can’t do much… strongly leaning towards sanji (tho haven’t researched the Pokémon, IM DONE DOING THAT… literally takes hours)

Outside of like counter I don't see a wincon for infernape, and considering sanjis mobility and precog he should take this

Outside of like counter I don't see a wincon for infernape, and considering sanjis mobility and precog he should take this
If you don't see a win condition for Infernape, isn't it a stomp?

But in any case, it could be argued Infernape has an answer to Sanji's Precognition via Taunt, so long as Sanji doesn't resist Mind Manipulation. There are Pokemon moves that can be called Precognition that Taunt prevents. Future Sight. Detect often acts like Precognition. Mind Reader is obvious.... However, it's also temporary. But that temporaryness could be argued as game mechanics.
Less temporary is Torment, which would prevent Sanji doing the same thing twice in a row.

With Haki temporarily eliminated, or at least made less common, Infernape might have a chance.

Infernape also technically has a limb advantage; Sanji never uses his arms to fight.
"It uses a special kind of martial arts involving all its limbs. Its fire never goes out."
"It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style."
"It uses unique fighting moves with fire on its hands and feet. It will take on any opponent."

So Sanji is fighting with only 2 legs, & Infernape is fighting with 2 legs & 2 arms, meaning it's probably throwing more blows. Also, Speed Equalized doesn't make EVERYTHING equal, since:

"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc."

AFAIK, moves like Fake Out (Only useable during the start, but if Infernape has the sense to include in its fighting style, it'd Flinch Sanji, briefly stunning him.), Feint & Mach Punch are meant to be faster than regular techniques.

So Infernape can not only at least temporarily or partially negate Sanji's Haki once it realizes he's dodging incessantly, but also is throwing more attacks & given how its lore emphasizes stuff like "Its crown of fire is indicative of its fiery nature. It is beaten by none in terms of quickness.", it probably would be using its faster attacking techniques, especially when Sanji keeps evading; Seeing something coming helps less if you can't move out of the way fast enough when it happens, too many routes of escape are blocked by other attacking limbs, or your precognition just wasn't working. (If Sanji was even thinking to tap into it.)

If it notices Sanji stat-amping himself, too, Infernape MIGHT also think to use Punishment, a move which grows more powerful the more stat increases the target has.
However, Infernape's lore seems to have it be slightly more inclined to close range Fighting moves & Fire moves as offense.

So I wouldn't say it's ENTIRELY without win conditions. (Though, I feel like I'm more arguing this out of obligation to ensure a case is presented for one side to be argued against, rather than out of passion for another match of this sort.)

I meannnnnnn idk if taunt would negate haki although now im skeptical lol, I thought of detect but I didn't see it on his page (I may have overlooked it)

Sanji should have some resistance to fire so some of infernapes moves won't hurt as much, the amp armament gives is u quantifiable iirc so we don't know how much punishment would do Mach punch helps here though since speed is equal

If played perfectly infernape CAN win (make it a drawn out people then land counter then both are low on hp) but I see sanji winning easier and more often

I meannnnnnn idk if taunt would negate haki although now im skeptical lol, I thought of detect but I didn't see it on his page (I may have overlooked it)
Infernape doesn't learn Detect, the point of mentioning Detect, is that, IIRC, we usually treat Detect as evasion for combat purposes. (Also, Mind Reader would also be prevented by Taunt, & Observation Haki does allow for Telepathy, which is a similar, related think Observation Haki does.)
& nonetheless, this doesn't address Torment.
Sanji should have some resistance to fire so some of infernapes moves won't hurt as much,
Not all of Infernape's attacks are Fire-type, though. It might have its fists/arms/legs/feet on fire while doing so, but that just means the fire hurts Sanji less; The rest of the hit would still hurt.
the amp armament gives is u quantifiable iirc so we don't know how much punishment would do
Likewise for Diable Jambe.
Mach punch helps here though since speed is equal
As should Fake Out (If used properly.) & Feint.
If played perfectly infernape CAN win (make it a drawn out people then land counter then both are low on hp)
In theory, if we're talking about the long game, it could also heal with Slack Off, but unsure how in-character that is for Infernape.
but I see sanji winning easier and more often
Even despite Sanji having a limb quantity disadvantage, some of Infernape's attacks being faster, & the ways to get around Haki?

Also, what's the AP/Durability values & scaling being used for this match? Unsure if Sanji's was mentioned in this thread, for one.

Were they exactly evenly matched in speed, though? & didn't he have his Haki to fall back on during those times?
Gin, CP9, Fishmen, Satori, Oars, Franky Family… he was comparable to all of them (CP9 and Oars were relative and they had speed amps) and he could fight em, this is all pre timeskip before he learned Haki, and he’s fought people without needing Haki to dodge post timeskip as well with hands and legs like Vergo, Page One, Daifuku, his brothers, and more

Gin, CP9, Fishmen, Satori, Oars, Franky Family… he was comparable to all of them (CP9 and Oars were relative and they had speed amps) and he could fight em, this is all pre timeskip before he learned Haki, and he’s fought people without needing Haki to dodge post timeskip as well with hands and legs like Vergo, Page One, Daifuku, his brothers, and more
Then if they had roughly equal speed to Sanji, what allowed him to win in those cases, despite his fighting style's disadvantage?

Then if they had roughly equal speed to Sanji, what allowed him to win in those cases, despite his fighting style's disadvantage?
Skill, being able to fight people with more variety, his fighting style, the way he moves his body, he knows how to dodge, etc.

Skill, being able to fight people with more variety, his fighting style, the way he moves his body, he knows how to dodge, etc.
I would assume Infernape isn't so unskilled.
& Sanji having varied experience is good, but how can he apply those experiences in combat? Other than that he can defeat such opponents in the right circumstances, what parts of those experiences would Sanji know how to make use of, & think to do so?

& part of a fighting style is how you move your body & knowing how to dodge while using that style, & your fighting styles are your skills.
If we're to argue on that metric, you could argue Infernape is more skilled, for creating its own fighting style, & presumably being able to attack & dodge with all of its limbs, whereas Sanji dodges with all of his limbs, but attacks with only two of them.

I would assume Infernape isn't so unskilled.
& Sanji having varied experience is good, but how can he apply those experiences in combat? Other than that he can defeat such opponents in the right circumstances, what parts of those experiences would Sanji know how to make use of, & think to do so?
Infernape shows minimal skill, especially a wild one

Infernape is a berserker. Nothing too far off what Sanji can handle
& part of a fighting style is how you move your body & knowing how to dodge while using that style, & your fighting styles are your skills.
If we're to argue on that metric, you could argue Infernape is more skilled, for creating its own fighting style, & presumably being able to attack & dodge with all of its limbs, whereas Sanji dodges with all of his limbs, but attacks with only two of them.
Sanji using 2 limbs is a preference, not a lack of skill. He knows how to use swords.

And a wild infernape throwing punches around isn’t comparable to Sanji who can dodge and attack at the same time with a few limbs

Infernape shows minimal skill, especially a wild one
Basis for this claim?
Sanji using 2 limbs is a preference, not a lack of skill. He knows how to use swords.
But he almost never uses those swords, & he rarely uses his arms. Rarely using something would imply a lack of experience. Heck, Sanji's disinclined to use them, to keep them in-tact for chef's work.
And a wild infernape throwing punches around isn’t comparable to Sanji who can dodge and attack at the same time with a few limbs
Except it is comparable in Speed, because Speed Equalized, & faster than Sanji with some of those punches (Mach Punch & Feint.), & it's also going to be throwing around kicks.
& based on its Y/Alpha Sapphire entry, doing throws as well. "It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style." (& based on its movepool, possibly other techniques, but not many.)

& if Taunt is in effect, Sanji can't use his non-attacking techniques, & if Torment is in effect, he can't do the same technique consecutively.

Also, even after checking the profile, I can't find the calc/value that Sanji scales to. Do you know what it is?

Also, even after checking the profile, I can't find the calc/value that Sanji scales to. Do you know what it is?
This Sanji scales far above 3.98 Gigatons iirc and that's not factoring in Diable Jambe which further amps his AP

Sanji's base AP > Oven's durability > Katakuri > G3 Luffy > Monster Hody Jones = 3.98 Gigatons

This Sanji scales far above 3.98 Gigatons iirc and that's not factoring in Diable Jambe which further amps his AP

Sanji's base AP > Oven's durability > Katakuri > G3 Luffy > Monster Hody Jones = 3.98 Gigatons
Ah. It's based off of that.
In that case, putting my vote on Sanji. Infernape gets wrecked by Haki if it doesn't use Taunt/Torment, & it's at a statistical disadvantage of over 25% to begin with, plus Sanji's resistance to Fire, & there's an argument for being outskilled.

so should the sanji fra train start or is this a stomp? Honestly cinderace should have been used since they both use their legs a lot but idek where he scales

Back