• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanji downgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PaChi - True, but only when he got serious, but even then, it was only low-end 7-A. He and Sanji scale ^ Elizabello.

CinCameron20 said:
Zoro and Sanji are equal according to WoG and consistency in the plot and feats. He stays where he is.
That is EXACTLY my point, Zoro has not even used asura yet while Sanji uses DJ in almost every single fight. They are still portrayed as equals.

Sanji even uses DJ against the pacifista which Zoro only uses his base form against. Oda-san is clearly showing DJ Sanji = Base Zoro.

CinCameron20 said:
@PaChi - True, but only when he got serious, but even then, it was only low-end 7-A. He and Sanji scale ^ Elizabello.
Zoro was in base. Scaling anybody to an unseen, unused form is pretty weird.

Especially as DJ Sanji has clearly been portrayed as equal to Base Zoro. He should be downgraded to 7-A.

By feats TS Sanji is clealy not sacle to TS Zoro,but i guess they should be equal by logic

If he doesn't scale to Regular Zoro then he should not scale to asura Zoro for sure, he definitely does not deserve high 7-a at all.

He should (in DJ mode) be equal to base Zoro by logic. Being equal to asura Zoro is just illogical. Especially based on the pacifista scene, which pretty much said DJ Sanji = Base Zoro.

I trust Cameron's judgement regarding One Piece. In addition, I also have the impression that Sanji and Zoro are equal in terms of raw power, but that Zoro is more dangerous due to using bladed weaponry.

@Ant, exactly- DJ Sanji and Base Zoro are equal in raw power and have been portrayed as such. Asura has not even been seen, we cannot use it for scaling.

Well, it is up to Cameron to make a judgement about this, and he seems to think that the current statistics are valid. As such, we should probably close this thread.

High 7-A comes from the use of Asura which triples Zoro's AP. 360 Megaton multiplied by 3 is High 7-A. And DJ should scale to Asura due to them both being portrayed as Last Resort attacks ( I.E Asura one shotting Kaku and DJ one shotting Jabra.) There's no need to downgrade Sanji.

DJ may have once been a last resort attack but Sanji now uses it even on fodder as shown above.

If anything by feats base Zoro is stronger than DJ Sanji.

And if DJ really is Sanji's last resort attack then that proves that Zoro >>> Sanji as Zoro equalled Sanji's "Last Resort Attack" with a casual 1-handed sword slash from his weakest sword.

Well, it is best to wait for CinCameron20 to reply.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
High 7-A comes from the use of Asura which triples Zoro's AP. 360 Megaton multiplied by 3 is High 7-A. And DJ should scale to Asura due to them both being portrayed as Last Resort attacks ( I.E Asura one shotting Kaku and DJ one shotting Jabra.) There's no need to downgrade Sanji.
DJ is pretty far from a last resort attack now though. He uses it very commonly whereas Zoro is yet to use Asura. By feats, nothing Sanji has done post-TS has been portrayed as being equal to anything Zoro has done.

You can politely ask Cameron to reply again.

Sorry, I went 40ish hours without sleep due to work, classwork, and I'm still in the final stages after moving into a new house, so I've been a little busy.

I understand that Sanji has been displayed using Diable Jambe quite frequently and shouldn't be much stronger than Base Zoro, or more than equal, so I suppose that he can be downgraded to At least 7-A for Dressrosa and WholeCake.

Also, unrelated, but needs to be brushed up, Zoro's description for his Alabasta stats needs to be revised. For Alabasta arc, he is 8-A due to being an even match for Luffy in their fight, not the reasoning listed.

@CinCameron20

Okay. No problem. Feel free to adjust the pages when you find the time.

Oops, looking at 3 different keys with the same tier threw me off slightly... Then "At least" needs to be added Q_Q.

Shouldn't Sanji's Dressrosa Arc tab and his Whole Cake Island tab be combined? The only difference is a 'possibly higher' on his speed which can be included just by putting in the Oven note in brackets after the Doflamingo note.

@Damage: The Dressrosa arc started the better part of a decade ago, has Oda really not improved Sanji at all in that timeframe ?

Make a separate CRT for it though.

CinCameron20 said:
Oops, looking at 3 different keys with the same tier threw me off slightly... Then "At least" needs to be added Q_Q.
Going to fix that then

Made a separate CRT for that: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1455046

So has the problem been fixed, and if so, should I close this thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back