• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will do this in the name of#Slapped (Megumi: Don't waste time,just start it already!!)

Alright,ehm.....my new Hunter match after that Shalltear vs Hunter (which ended futile because Shalltear get downgraded#TABLE FLIP) so i hope this will goes well,alright let's go!!!

-Both in 6-C version

-Speed equalized

-Both in character

-Place located in Sahara desert

-Range is 20 meters

-Win via K.O!!!

SM Samus
Hunterender2

VS

• Samus: 0
  • Hunter: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
How strong is resistance to mindhax foe Samus?
important methinks

Mother Brain (Metroid) is capable of planetary wide mind manipulation; however, she was simultaneously manipulating the minds of a couple Metroids while fighting Samus. So she still has like roughly Multi-Continent wide mind manipulation resistance, which is still equivalent to manipulating billions of humans as well as a shitton of animals and insects simultanously.

Then mindhax won't work. Putting her to sleep is one way to go, it's one of his favorites. What's Samus first move?

I mean

As far as I know, Hunter's passive power null is 100% worthless here. I have no doubt. Their most viable strategy therefore is the soul destruction from their weapons. Seeing as she has no resistance, a single strike would probably kill Samus. Hunter's not stupid enough to try a sleep knife or anything on an armored target so I think they will go for combat.

As for Samus, I need to know how good her Precog and Absorption are. If either one of them are insane, I think she'd have enough to win. If not, soul destroy gg.

If I remember what Glass said before in another discution, she has been able to avoid incoming attacks she didn't know about and even her Sensors seemingly didn't pick up.

Don't know enough to tell you about Absorp.

So it's just the sixth sense kind and not the "I see everything a month in advance so nyeh" kind.

Samus did have a shitton of hax resistances, but I think most of them were moved to later keys. I guess soul manipulation was one of them. However, Samus is an incredible tactical genius who often abuses range. As for her precognition, it's kind of like a combination of Ultra Instinct and Shulk's Monado visions. She can foresee incoming attacks from both point blank range and from light years away and anywhere in between. She can predict her opponents every move before they're made.

As for absorption, she usually does it after her opponent is defeated, but the enemies she defeats can converted into energy and data, which in turn is used to both replenish life and transmuted into ammunition. Though, I recall some games have her slowly absorbing health/energy as she chip damages certain bosses; but I think that applies to later keys. Precognition, sniping level range, Durability negating Wave Beam + Nigh AZ Ice Beam combination I'm still sure gives her the win.

So Absorption is bunk and Precog is essentially Spider Sense.

In this key she lacks insane hax but Precog is by far her best option. Assuming you can actually be hit in game, which, I assume you can, my vote goes to Hunter through soul destroying.

To be sure- Hunter's range is similarly huge, and it seems Samus' best range is via causing Earthquakes. So "sniping range" isn't a huge deal. Just saying.

Uh no, it's not Spider Sense. It's Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy above spider sense; comparing spider sense to Samus' precognition is like comparing a fish bowl to the ocean. Also, her beams have like tens of kilometers AoE and she can snipe from longer distances. Not to mention her Wave Beam and Ice Beam are stacked; the Wave Beam ignores conventional durability and phases though armor, shields, barriers, ect; and her Ice Beam is like extremely close to Absolute Zero temperatures; which is more than enough to negate durability. Not to mention she can spam it with unlimited ammo.

Also, a side note. It's best not to use limitations due to game mechanics to imply the character being limited. She's essentially portrayed as being untouchable by anyone who isn't insanely fast like Ridley or the Ings.

How is it better? It warns her of attacks. Hunter has hundreds of kilometers with scoutflies and can pretty easily get info on her before getting in range. Not to mention the good ole Gilly Mantle.

So we're calling Samus being able to be hit in game game mechanics. And... so, people with high speed. Like Hunter. Since this is speed equal.

Hunter is already in her range though, plus she could simply freeze the scoutflies; her ice beam + wave beam can freeze many targets in line of fire. Also, Spider sense is limited compared to Samus' in which she can detect omnidirectional patterns.

Also, I meant Samus is much more evasive in canon than she may appear in game. Everything Hunter can do is going the be perceived as very predictable. She'll know exactly when and wear Hunter is going to strike and how to avoid it. And projectiles can be frozen by Ice Wave Beam which the same Ice Wave Beam will continue going forward in the process.

Isn't Spider-Sense Omnidirectional?

Also, with speed equalized, can't Hunter just move slightly to either side to not be blasted to pieces since those same projectiles are moving at the exact same speed?

The Beams still have a very wide AoE on top of the fact that Samus could be spamming them all over the place. She could also fire some homing missiles while she's at it which could at least catch him off guard.

Also, Spider Sense mostly gives short burst and has limited range, and can be tricked if he's distracted. Samus' senses have like Interstellar range and notices everything coming left and right. She can also basically dodge in her sleep also.

Sensemove hasn't ever been depicted as interstellar or in her sleep (Though given the range gap, it still definitely works here)

Her general pre-cog has, but that side isn't combat applicable

So

My vote is still for Hunter

My vote is still on Samus; still highly doubt Hunter will be able to touch Samus given her versatility, tactics, and precognition.

versatility they both share, tactics that Hunter has used against monsters tons, and decent precog that is not as good as one thought

but noted

SomebodyData said:
Sensemove hasn't ever been depicted as interstellar or in her sleep (Though given the range gap, it still definitely works here)
But they start 20 meters apart

Samus would still be freezing all of Hunter's weapons rendering them useless.

Hunter can

• Just not sit still and get blasted since everything moves at the same speed
  • Counter ice because otherwise the ice effects in game would be insanely unbalanced
and that doesn't exactly render them useless. Hit ice hard enough, it breaks, and there's your soul being toasted.

Yes. And, I can hear it now, "but they can just not get hit"- there's a difference. It is much easier to dodge an equalized projectile from twenty meters and the same thing from a foot. Samus' range is her best deal but attempting to abuse that equates to getting hit by one of Hunter's abiltiies, that he can swing around, or have in little bug ***** that attack you at the same time, or whatever- whereas Samus' beams are straight line ordeals that can be countered by moving to the left.

Except Samus' Ice Beam is far colder than traditional Ice. Most Ice base attacks are only assumed to be just under 0 degrees Celsius or 273.15 degrees Kelvin; Samus Ice Beam is like much colder than 0.1 degrees Kelvin. And it can freeze projectiles in place rendering them completely useless since they turn into floating platforms that don't move. Not to mention the wide AoE of Samus' attacks.

Projectiles aren't the point. The point is Hunter really only has to hit Samus once. And can dodge the projectiles. AoE is something but it doesn't seem to be the ice thing, which is admittedly her best ability, so Hunter gets damaged and her soul gets toasted.

I don't see that happening either; Samus is also an excellent hand to hand combat genius trained by the Chozo God of War himself. Everything Hunter's ever done, Samus had to deal with on 960 G's all her life. Also forgot to mention Samus could simply steal all of Hunter's weapons with her Grapple Beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back