• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. We aren't closing the thread because we keep running into walls with Samus lol. Just you and SD please decide what is actually true for Samus and present it. This stuff like "nigh-danmaku" and "stellar precog" needs to not be a thing to bring up if it doesn't exist. Okay?

Cheers all. I'll be back in 8 hours.

Samus seeing Riddle coming from Prime 3 was brought up by Precognition, and comes up a lot elsewhere. The danmaku appears in the Motherbrain fight, the case of Phantoom was brought up and the only real push back was the speed of the projectiles, when that should be no more than gameplay and there's not much that could back but her perception sees it that slow!. That sounds too much like equating it to normal shooters were you don't see the bullets, while forgetting the aim of those and the Samus games are pretty different.

He has resistance to stealing, remember? He can resist grapple beam. Also okay, I want to confirm, is precog combat applicable or not?

Resistance to stealing isn't really a thing; unless it's like inside you or physically attached to you, but even that can be stolen by characters like Samus. Precognition is 100% combat applicable, just quite not on interstellar levels. It is definitely combat applicable in CQC, multi kilometer wide sniper attacks, everywhere in between, ect.

Yeah, that just means the item pouch is locked up; doesn't mean that lock can't be broken. Or better yet, stealing the whole item pouch.

Or just

again

pulling back

since the grapple beam seems to just be a pulling device and it being worth anything whatsoever is pretty much the definition of game mechanics

Umm, no it's not the definition of game mechanics when she's shown to use it to disarm her foes in MP3. And if the situation occurs where she's gonna have to rip out his weapons, she can do it easily since her lifting strength outclasses the Monster Hunter.

Wait, wouldn't kilometers wide AOE screw her over then? She'd be getting hurt from her own attacks all the time.

Why would they when they come from her blaster and never touch her directly? The blasts aren't like an explosion, they are just that big and go in the direction that they are shot

Samus literally takes 0 damage from using her own weapons all the time. I know better examples are regarding her later keys, but taking 0 damage from her own planet busting power bombs despite take the blast point blank doesn't faze her at all. Same with her High 6-A key freezing the sun. But even so, her 6-C key using massive AoE never takes any sort of damage from using even her most deadly weapons.

Also, her Grapple Beam is not game mechanics. She can not only uses it to disarm weapons, but she's also used it to absorb life energy and steal built in power ups. More importantly, Samus has At least Class 100 lifting strength where as MH only has Class 10, so Samus would can easily pull harder than MH can grip or pull.

Theglassman12 said:
Umm, no it's not the definition of game mechanics when she's shown to use it to disarm her foes in MP3. And if the situation occurs where she's gonna have to rip out his weapons, she can do it easily since her lifting strength outclasses the Monster Hunter.
Actually this is wrong. The Hunter needs another CRT it seems since their Lifting Strength is Class 10 despite like... you know, the weakest monsters in the game they are physically superior to are Class 100 by way of Tetsucabra. EDIT: Gonna go make a quick CRT for it, since that's just blatantly wrong.

Just finished this, even base Hunter has Class 100 and by the time they're 6-C they're so ridiculously stronger it is absurd. Moving on.

Diegoduga said:
The Hunter can fish a plesioth out of the water
If you wanna bring me the feat on video I can happily calc it.

The current vote is

Hunter: 5 (Mr. Bambu, Diegoduga, Edwardtruong, Reinhard, Schnee)

Samus: 3 (Medeus, Lancelot, Glassman)

Incon:

Though, note, currently there is discussion about removing 6-C key altogether due to the feats of that tier being casual compared to the other notable feats (which range from Low 6-B to 6-A)

Forgot Glassman also voted for Samus too.

Anyway, this thread kinda should preferably be closed with no results added given multiple reasons. Circled arguments, some other CT revisions, the revision for speed equalization, another WIP is Samus' lifting strength is going to be upgraded further thus making the old upgrade for MH pointless. But then 6-C key being removed from MH's profile will surely make this thread dated.

I mean he didn't say that but I guess I'll add him since he does seem to debate for that side.

6-C being removed would make this obsolete, yes.

I didn't really care for that one, especially based on how quantity over quality it was. Same reason most staff members don't like Vs Threads very much. It's the same old, Character via one two or three specific abilities that Character B has abilities to get around, and a big group of FRA's as usual.

Welp, it looks like the key was removed; closing this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back