• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to Schnee in that regard. And by predictable, Monster Hunter does not have type 2 Acausality, and there for, every single move Monster Hunter is going to make can be seen by Samus before they even happen.

Not being acausal isn't the same as being predictable lol

Being super difficult to predict =/= not being predictable, especially if your opponent can either read your mind or has precognition to see your every move before it's made. No one here has mind reading, but precognition is still a dope.

Ah. My bad, I read it in its normal context and not speaking 100% literally as in he can be predicted through precog. Coincidentally, where does Samus' Precog come from?

Ability inherited from Chozo DNA is one. But she saw Meta Ridley coming from light years away in Metroid Prime 3. And in Other M, she's got an ability called sensemove; on her profile on the Notable techniques section.

....That's it?

20 homing shots that are incredibly slow?

That's not nigh Danmaku at all, a lot of shots sure, but no where close to Nigh Danmaku

Danmaku refers to rapid fire fast paced shots in the hundreds. Not slow moving bunch of projectiles

This is Nigh Danmaku https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WdoF0iayjvs

How is Massively FTL+ attack speed slow? Again, limitations due to game mechanics. It's perceived in slow motion to make the game playable. Not to mention the absurdly broken gravity manipulation said boss was using on top of the projectiles.

Oh wait, this is Phantoon, not Nightmare, nvm about the gravity bit.

SomebodyData said:
To be fair, the fireballs being slow to her really is game mechanics, whenever sensemove is activated, everything gets really slow.
^

Which is completely irrelevant as that goes against her dodging Nigh-Danmaku

Sure it's fast, but she's shown dodging it after already slowing it

To be fair with Danmaku in general, you don't need to try to dodge most of it. It serves more to restrict movement.

Right. So. With the claims of "Nigh-Danmaku" shown and considered.

Yes, but that goes against the above saying she can dodge nigh-Danmaku so she can dodge all of Hunters attacks

She probably can't. So. Moving on.

Wait since when did samus have kilometer wide shots? I've played several of the Metroid games, and don't remember that ever happening.

She hasn't @Wok, tho I'm pretty sure they were talking about aoe, which is another story.

okay so I owe bambu a favor

and I'm not currently the biggest fan of Samus' arguments so

Monster Hunter for now.

Could potentially change

@Schnee well if you read more than just the first two words of what I said, then you would know that I'm pretty sure they mean aoe rather than actual kilometer sized shots.

Except Wok asked for Kilometer wide "Shots" so I'm not exactly sure if they were?

Also if it's from Samus Joey I hope it isn't the star feat

>manga

What

I mean I guess since I didn't even know that existed it's a possibility, but is there like a pic of that?

Okay, fine, not sure if the beams themselves are quite tens of kilometers, but the beams themselves are indeed much larger in the manga than in the games. However, she has been shown to cover mountains and stuff. And wave beam did wipe out a big group of Space Pirates with a single shot iirc. Manga version we're using is this versio. Also should note Samus dealt with Space Pirates who had access to a black hole weapon in the same manga.

Also, don't trust Metroid wikia's sense of judgement regarding canonicity, S&J was discussed to be canon given the strong connections to Other M.

I was showing that too him as to show it was a thing, not its canocity

Although if it's really that much better in the manga than in literally every other form of media in Metroid, and she has a different, better suit in this version, would it really stretch to her 6C version?

The only other form of media in Metroid is video game tho.

Most of the stuff that produced those feats were with equipment she had in her 6-C suit, the Ice Beam feat in particular was also replicated by someone with only the ice beam equipment rather than the suit, so it seems to fit within what we know.

Though isn't this the wrong manga?

Samus & Joey is based on her High 6-A key and 5-B keys, we're using the 2002 Manga version, which is the 6-C and 6-B keys. Basic and Varia respective on both. Samus & Joey is derailment tbh.

Theres more then one Metroid game is what I meant, media was the wrong word

If its the wrong Manga then I wonder where the proof of kilometer AoE

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Samus & Joey is based on her High 6-A key and 5-B keys, we're using the 2002 Manga version, which is the 6-C and 6-B keys. Basic and Varia respective on both. Samus & Joey is derailment tbh.
Ninja'd

Derailment that was brought up by you to prove a point that we still haven't proven

aaaaaaaaaaaagh

Bambu is

a tired man

with a tired brain

that is about to go to work

I will continue this later

but my vote is still heavily leaning towards MH considering the points made for Samus

If there's going to be circled arguments left and right, then perhaps it's best we just close the thread and leave it as that. I actually wonder if that's what should be done tbh.

Furthermore, it can be said for any Vs thread for that matter, is that they tend to be all quantity and no quality. Especially since MH never had a proper answer against precognition, grapple beam that steals all his best weapons, or infinite ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back