• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 General Discussion Thread 3: Kishimoto hates moons

So he can survive with a blade stuck in his head and being headless, nice. Also it seems implied that Hachi has faster Regen than normal samurai.

But their pain resistance is still impressive. Ronin cut his hand off and laughed. Daruma got half of his head and chest busted open and he didn't even say "ouch". Hachi got head impaled, beheaded, cut into ribbons, half nuked...and he just said "hey, that's hurt". And in the last panel he also laughed.

Yes, extremely high pain resistance.

log new stuff together that are not on profiles yet so that we can do them in a big CRT when we get to it. It would be annoying having to add things every time a new chapter is out, so I suggest CRTs every 10 or so chapters if a lot of stuff comes out.

I say wait for the official for confirmation. In the manga stream, he said "Where to go for..." and nothing implying about recreating Samurai.

I think those are just the keys of those he kills in the final fights.

Does fusing two Samurai souls double a blades strength? Or we can't assume that yet.

Man, I can't wait for Samurai 8 to get an anime (hopefully it sales well enough to keep it from the axe). I mean, being fair, it's definitely more of a coherent story than Black Clover was by Chapter 20. I just think a good cast of characters and a legitimate rival needs to be introduced for Hachimaru to play off of.

This was perhaps the first chapter I enjoyed. I hope it continues with this path, Hachimaru is already a more intriguing character to me than Naruto pretty much was.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
This was perhaps the first chapter I enjoyed. I hope it continues with this path, Hachimaru is already a more intriguing character to me than Naruto pretty much was.
Naruto thought he was big shit when he stabbed his hand with a Kunai to release poison, LMAO! Hachimaru with his self decapitation says hi!

Hachimaru cutting off his arm to extend his reach to match Ryu and then cutting his head off to prevent Ryu from hitting him says so much about his character, his thought process, his tactics and resolve. Even telling Ann that he she can't pray so he can have a fair match... Kishimoto has definitely learned to improve upon his previous MC.

Naruto can regenerate his organs but not limbs. But nonetheless it does show how good hachimaru is at reading his opponent or his situation

Nelliels said:
Naruto can regenerate his organs but not limbs. But nonetheless it does show how good hachimaru is at reading his opponent or his situatio
Death Battle disagrees with that statement. According to Death Battle Naruto's Regenerationn is better than Ichigo's Regenerationn which can regenerate limbs.

Latest chapter is out.

From the discussion on Regenerationn, it seems like the Samurai Regenerationn should more accurately be High-Mid Regenerationn.

Feels like it's being rushed. Fight after fight after fight. I think Kishimoto should write in somemore character development chapters and spread out the fights some more. That's what made Naruto good to me. It wasn't just fight fight fight.

I think they got to the planet way too fast. An Extra character development chapter would've been nice or even if they did get to the planet this fast, Kishi could've introduced nee characters.

• Hachimaru and co arrive to the planet. Hachimaru and Kotsuga are greatly surprised by the amount of fighters present. People acknowledge their ship and them while walking to a directory. Some jackasses eggs Hachimaru on or something and the leader and him are about to fight but a new character breaks them, telling them to save it for the Tournament. They introduce themselves to Hachimaru and co and offers to take them to registration or something.
  • Next chapter could be further introducing that new character and giving everyone further Character development before the host of the tournament surrounds the planet in a barrier and attacks everyone at the end of the chapter.
Not saying this should've happened specifically, but Kishi could've definitely waited a chapter or 2 before starting the fight. I gotta give this chapter 5/10.

I liked it. Remember that this is NOT a common tournament. It's a battle royale made by a villain for villains, ronins, ruffians etc. no rules, no presentations...

They getting ambushed by those ronins (f*ck they looks cool af!) was unexpected. Just perfect for this type of competition.

Not many people? Lmao, as far as we know, Hachimaru and co are the only ones on that planet. Those Samurai are likely the Keys the Host reanimated. This was a bland chapter tbh, but that's my opinion.

TheFinalOrder said:
Not many people? Lmao, as far as we know, Hachimaru and co are the only ones on that planet. Those Samurai are likely the Keys the Host reanimated. This was a bland chapter tbh, but that's my opinion.

It's a lot bro. We can see the pictures of all the samurai in the tournament where the Host is watching

Why does Ata's justification for planet level lead to a triple digit exaton feat? I don't have problems against his planet level statements, but please don't use a moon level calc as justification for planet level.

Rocker1189 said:
Err? its not, the feat is for the moon level, the statement is for planet level.
Moon level, likely Planet level (Cut the moon in half with just his normal sword and nearly oneshot Daruma)

Where does planet level come in? I only know about Daruma's planet destroying attack he threatened Ata with, and Ata supposedly destroying planets across the galaxy. The latter of which he supposedly did in his real body.

Back