• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 General Discussion Thread 3: Kishimoto hates moons

Hell of a chapter, guys! Insane power level for Trinity Hachi!

And now the adventure starts! What new villain we'll see? Something like Space Bandits? Space Warlords? Aliens? Samurai from the other 3 other Factions?

I would say it was vaporised complete. But vaporising the moon (Assuming it is the same as ours) would give us 5.6283e+29 5-C (Moon).

since the volume of the moon is 21.9 billion cubic kilometers (2.19e+25 cubic centimeter).

2.19e+25x25700= 5.6283e+29

I couldn't help but love this chapter, especially since I was getting Desolate Era vibes. This chapter gives me the same feel as when Ji ning left his home planet to go train with shubuti

I agree with PowerToscale, Vaporisation seems appropriate here from what we're shown. Doing a calc we'd have to consider this and the moon's KE

Nice feats, but now I hope the start focusing or world-building and story more than feat,

I hope Kubo also bring a Space-theme Manga Asap.

The moon destruction part is the least impressive part of the feat. The attack should be calced by finding its own Kinetic Energy. Hachi used half of the planets Atmosphere, condensed it and accelerated towards the moon. That's 2.75 Quadrillion Tons impacting the moon at ludicrous speeds.

Man. That pic of the planet is really hard to pixel scale. Like you can see a faint outline of the planet but in the borrom corner it looks to be the middle of the based on the clouds. So when you do the circle around it looks normal until the other side of the planet looks like the middle

Also I thought it was the entire planets.either way, the sword looks like to be the same size as the planets radius. Assuming the planet is earth side. The blade travelled a distance of the earth's diameter (Half the planet+the blade).

The earth is 12742 km or 12742000 meters, and lets say it too 3 seconds.

12742000/3= 4247333.33333 m/s

Half of the earths atmosphere is 5750000000000000000 kg

5750000000000000000/2=2.875e+18

so: 0.5x2.875e+18x4247333.33333^2

= 2.5932271e+31 Low 5-B (Small Planet Level)

PowerToScale said:
Man. That pic of the planet is really hard to pixel scale. Like you can see a faint outline of the planet but in the borrom corner it looks to be the middle of the based on the clouds. So when you do the circle around it looks normal until the other side of the planet looks like the middle
Also I thought it was the entire planets.either way, the sword looks like to be the same size as the planets radius. Assuming the planet is earth side. The blade travelled a distance of the earth's diameter (Half the planet+the blade).

The earth is 12742 km or 12742000 meters, and lets say it too 3 seconds.

12742000/3= 4247333.33333 m/s

Half of the earths atmosphere is 5750000000000000000 kg

5750000000000000000/2=2.875e+18

so: 0.5x2.875e+18x4247333.33333^2

= 2.5932271e+31 Low 5-B (Small Planet Level)
Noice

Nelliels said:
How does a planet survive without it's moon lol. No more night time lol
Kishi logic lol, the naruto planet originally didn't even have a moon, hagoromo was the one that created one for them.

That calc uses vaporization instead of pulverization, pulverizing is the only option since we have no visuals that indicate vaporization nor a statement that supports vaporization.

Plus, we have to account for a reduced mass since Ata put a hole in the moon and it was losing parts towards the end.

Do you remember the calc Tata did about that lifting feat in Bleach? You guys asked him to calc the ice mass of the feat, remember? That mass changed nothing, because it was irrelevant to the whole calc. Same thing here, the mass Ata destroyed will change nothing

The mass of ice is lower than that of granite (which is what was used for Bleach) and it only assumed centimeters worth when Ata's feat clearly showed a large hole made through the moon.

We even have calcs by you or Rocker involving that hole and how large it is.

It is notable and better for accuracy.

I will calc the mass Ata destroyed, it will be far lower than the moon's mass, it would be irrelevant enough, it wouldnt change the final result because of the E+number stuff

So there is definitely visible debris from what I can tell in the high-quality double-page of Muun being destroyed.

There was also smoke or steam. I personally don't know. Explosions can also leave debris

As well as the fact that the smoke/steam was in the sky not the ground plus the fact that it didn't completely disappear quickly

> At least Planet level, likely far higher (Is called the "Star Breaking Dog Samurai" and is implied to have been much stronger than he is now)

Since Daruma called the falling Muun a "star" in this chapter, I think that this moniker is unlikely to refer to actual stars unless we have more evidence supporting that.

Regarding the feat in the recent chapter, the most I'd say for it is pulverization.

Damage3245 said:
> At least Planet level, likely far higher (Is called the "Star Breaking Dog Samurai" and is implied to have been much stronger than he is now)

Since Daruma called the falling Muun a "star" in this chapter, I think that this moniker is unlikely to refer to actual stars unless we have more evidence supporting that.

Regarding the feat in the recent chapter, the most I'd say for it is pulverization.
Daruma and Ata both have referred to Hachimaru's Planet as Planet and not Stars. They also called the "Muun" a Satelite.

So, him not being a "Star Breaker" based on them calling the "Muun" a Star doesn't seem right to me.

Damage3245 said:

Nothing doesn't point to it not being 4C. Moons are called stars and satellites and planets.

It's a mistranslation, the kanji for moon, planet and star can all be Hoshi since it means celestial body.

In almost every instance of hoshi's usage, it was referring to a planet or moon, never once has it been about an actual star.

So it's not 4-C.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
It's a mistranslation, the kanji for moon, planet and star can all be Hoshi since it means celestial body.

In almost every instance of hoshi's usage, it was referring to a planet or moon, never once has it been about an actual star.

So it's not 4-C.
Not neccesarily once again. In the official translation, they haven't referred to a Planet as a Star once. They can draw distinction based on the context.

The original translations never referenced the planet as a star once man.

These are viz translations. The only thing that got referenced as a star had the the stars and moon.

The problem is, "Hoshi" doesn't have sub-words to differentiate the terms.

Tbh, I don't agree with Daruma being "Star" level because of his moniker without feats. Especially when he goes around calling moons "Stars".

This is the issue with trying to translate certain words that don't fully translate to English.

Wouldn't we just assume his moniker would only apply to his original self and not his cat form. I'm fine with him not being star lvl until we get more statements or feats though. Hopefully we learn about his master more.

Back