• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 General Discussion Thread 3: Kishimoto hates moons

Considering the specifically mentioned in the official translation that Ata can bust planets and Kala stars... I don't think they are confused in translations. They have shown to be able to draw distinction based on context.

Naruto isn't able to have FTL characters and took over 10 years to reach 5-B. This series has MFTL+ and 5-B feats despite being relatively new. Kishi really likes to screw with us.

The attack is pretty cool but I guess would be shit on a world with little to no atmosphere. Also, how many people did Hachimaru inadvertently kill by manipulating the atmosphere like that ƒñ¡

The attacks comes from Hachi's blade itself. U can see that. That attack merely pulls in the atmosphere with it

Datuama didn't kill anyone when he used it on Ata

Can somebody please explain what h particles are?? Ata mentioned them before when he went "ghost" or incarnate body

correct me if I am wrong. If h particles are what make up atoms, wouldn't that make them sub atomic particles. Which would mean that Samurai 8 attacks are on sub atomic levels if they can damage some to halt their regen.

Now time to wank

Hachi destroys moon completely. Volume of the moon is 2.19e+25 cc.

2.19e+25x5.403E13

= 1.183257e+39 J

Hachi Wank confirmed Dwarf Star Level

That is sub atomic level not atomic level so it's actually similar to Saint Seiya. When they stop regen they use sub atomic attacks

Daruma completely destroyed Ata's clone. Assuming he has Subatomic regen too it would mean Daruma attack was on a subatomic level. Ata was afraid he was going to destroy the planet too. Assuning Earth sized

planet volume= 1.083727274614e+27

1.083727274614e+27x5.403E13

= 5.8553785e+40

Daruma current form wank confirned Small Star Level

This was a really really good chapter btw. I like the expansion and the new faces. These characters all look interesting. Samurai thieves with a member with no memories.

Kishi is making some interesting developments

YungManzi said:
I'm inclined to say that they might stomp Naruto top tiers after the first major arc.
Daruma and Ata already do, hell, no one in Naruto can tank Hachimaru's moon buster apart from Kaguya and Juubidara due to immortality.

They'd get blitzed tho, I doubt they'd tank a planet lvl attack on their soul. And can't ata rip out their soul.

@Astral

Atmospheric Blade does Manipulate the Atmosphere. It's not just Energy from them pulling it.

Logically, it's simply Atmosphere manipulation through Energy Manipulation. But how you're describing isn't correct.

Is it me or is Kishimoto always mistranslating "Planet" as "Star" in his content. In the Boruto Novel Momoshiki is said to have absorbed all of the chakra from the people living on the Star. Obviously people don't live on a Star, so it is a mistranslation meaning Planet instead. Galaxy could just mean Star going by mistranslation.

No i did a translation for when galaxy was said in one of latest chapters for the boxes and it does say galaxy. And hoshi doesn't look like the kanji for galaxy. It's likely that in the verse moons stars and planets are just called stars for some reason it may be a mistranslation sometimes here is the kanji for galaxy Úèǵ▓│ and then the kanji for hoshi µÿƒ

Hoshi means celestial objects right? So it can mean anything from asteroids to stars. So hoshi is basically correct for everything. But the translators that keep using star even when it is clearly meant to mean planet in context are a bit annoying.

Rocker1189 said:
Hoshi means celestial objects right? So it can mean anything from asteroids to stars. So hoshi is basically correct for everything. But the translators that keep using star even when it is clearly meant to mean planet in context are a bit annoying.
Official hasn't gotten it wrong once IIRC.

MadaraZKX said:
I think matter manipulation should be added to Daruma's profile, right?
Yea any cyborg samurai in s8 will have matter manip unless they blatantly don't.

I'm just saying, In the official, Daruma called the moon a Star and Hachimaru called it a Planet. Clearly it's a moon.

Kala destroying Stars is Fine. Ata destroying Planets is fine. But Overall, from here on, I think we should disregard the Statements of Stars/Planets, etc, until actual proof is shown.

Idk tbh. Daruma himself has planet statements with no proof. I think the statements should be fine with case by case

Do japanese people normally use "Hoshi" to refer to all celestial bodies? That's like, really confusing..

Transformers use star to refer to planets so it's not really uncommon

Also they referred to the moon as literally the moon and a satellite in the manga

Back