• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 General Discussion Thread 3: Kishimoto hates moons

A CRT for anyone interested: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3557598

Rocker1189 said:
It's from Ata statement about the star breaker need to change it, or rather I need to change Daruma.
It's not just a statement. There's a clear on-panel planet busting feat about Ata. It was shown in Daruma's digital memories when he talked to Hachimaru about Kala, Yasha, Ata etc.

Any guesses how powerful can this sponsor guy be with Trinity amp. I mean after Trinity amp hachi from being city block level at best was able to perform a small planet level feat, so how powerful can this sponsor guy be.

The guy that got split in two seems to be still alive. I guess maybe when they mean the key in their heads must be destroyed it probably means the whole head or the key can be moved around.

Yeah, I think the Whole head has to be destroyed. Either that or the Samurai that got split will eventually turn to ash or never regenerate.

He's not gonna regrow 2 bodies, lol.

Imagine that is a future characters ability, he can grow multiple bodies, but probably not as strong as the main body Basically shadow clone jutsu with his body parts.

That would be pretty unfortunate. Samurai 8 isn't a really bad series, all things considered.

Tbf S8 just started like in the summer I dotn really expect it to be that far up.

Are those sales for outside of Japan?

Here are the top 100 list with Jump titles based on Shoseki Rankings 30/9 - 6/10

Shoseki Ranking

1 One Piece #94

2 Kimetsu no Yaiba #17

3 The Promised Neverland #16

4 SPY×FAMILY #02 [Jump+]

5 Black Clover #22

6 Gotouge Koyoharu's Short Story Collection

7 Shokugeki no Soma #36

8 Jujutsu Kaisen #07

9 Kimetsu no Yaiba #16 [backlog]

10 Kimetsu no Yaiba #09 [backlog]

11 Kimetsu no Yaiba #08 [backlog]

12 Kimetsu no Yaiba #12 [backlog]

13 Kimetsu no Yaiba #11 [backlog]

14 Kimetsu no Yaiba #01 [backlog]

15 Kimetsu no Yaiba #13 [backlog]

17 Kimetsu no Yaiba #07 [backlog]

18 Kimetsu no Yaiba #14 [backlog]

19 Kimetsu no Yaiba #15 [backlog]

20 Kimetsu no Yaiba #10 [backlog]

21 Kimetsu no Yaiba #02 [backlog]

22 Kimetsu no Yaiba #03 [backlog]

23 Kimetsu no Yaiba #04 [backlog]

24 Kimetsu no Yaiba #05 [backlog]

25 Kimetsu no Yaiba #06 [backlog]

30 Chainsaw Man #04

41 Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings #18

46 My Hero Academia Fanbook

53 SPY×FAMILY #01 [backlog]

54 Haikyuu!! #39 [backlog]

59 One Piece #93 [backlog]

60 Hinomaru Zumo #27

65 Samurai 8 Hachimaruden #01

67 The Promised Neverland #15 [backlog]

70 Black Clover Gaiden Quartet Knights #03 [Jump+]

73 Samurai 8 Hachimaruden #02

79 Kimetsu no Yaiba Fanbook [backlog]

89 My Hero Academia #24 [backlog]
Overshooting with the advertisement campaign hurts the series more than the ranking, since it now needs to sell more copies to make a profit; this also generated annoyance due to the intrusive pamphlet ads in other manga and reports of other manga being understocked. I think it could have been a success if the advertisements didn't overhype the series and raise expectations. Also the beginning could've delivered a better first impression; the beginning character designs are bland, and the beginning background art is jumbled and confusing.

Doubt it will get hard cancelled, but Kishimoto will probably be told to start wrapping the series up.

Rocker1189 said:
Nah, 1 body breakdown and the other (the one with the head logically) get regrown to full.
Problem is, dude was evenly split down the middle. His Key is slit into 2 perfect halves.

I think the issue with Hiro Mashima Vs Kishimoto is that he went into EZ not long after FT ended. So he retained most of his audience. Kishi waited 5 going on 6 years to come back so I think most of his audience moved on. Had S8 came out within the same window as EZ did Fairly Tale for Naruto, S8's numbers would've been higher.

Samurai 8 isn't in danger of cancellation, it's debut numbers are fine for rookies, its just a disappointment that Someone of Kishimoto's caliber couldn't sale more on his name alone. That's where the promotion begins to hurt the series. I think they'll just dual it back and treat S8 more like a rookie Manga. I guess they anticipated more of a hold over from Naruto fans or Boruto fans (Which wasn't smart).

They need to let it grow organically and dial the promotion back a cople of notches. The best they can afford is to give Kishimoto (A veteran of the publication) a year to try and grow his manga assuming it doesn't decline from here. That's I think fair. That's more than some rookies get.

Samurai 8 won't be canceled, not yet anyway

it will either shift to a sub-publication magazine or be extensively retooled come the next major arc.

Furthermore we can safely say that Kishimoto forged Shonen Jump. He got a huge part in its story, since he created the 3rd best manga ever created. Talking about the videogames, movies, merchandise, live shows, novels and much much more. Boruto and Naruto are still the best ranked anime in Japan. And you know something about "Naruto and Boruto The Live 2019"?

Kishimoto is too precious for Shonen Jump.

Someone from fb tell me this

They printed like 150-200k copies and only the first week estimate sale is barley 20k lmao

80-90% of stock is sitting in unwanted towers in all the bookstore in Japan like this.

It's sad how Shuesia is axing their other series and stopping Kimetsu no Yaiba shipments so the consumers are forced to buy samurai 8... Which again, leads to more hate by nips. Owners says that Shuesha is cutting orders of KNY short and filling in the extras with S8, One store ordered 150 copies of KNY, they got 90 with 60 copies of S8 If you return the books, it counts against your sales scores and you'll ruin your relationship with jump, which is very bad for business and a bookstore owner can't afford. They are also forcing them to buy Samurai 8 to get discount on other series

1997KD said:
Someone from fb tell me this

They printed like 150-200k copies and only the first week estimate sale is barley 20k lmao

80-90% of stock is sitting in unwanted towers in all the bookstore in Japan like this.

It's sad how Shuesia is axing their other series and stopping Kimetsu no Yaiba shipments so the consumers are forced to buy samurai 8... Which again, leads to more hate by nips. Owners says that Shuesha is cutting orders of KNY short and filling in the extras with S8, One store ordered 150 copies of KNY, they got 90 with 60 copies of S8 If you return the books, it counts against your sales scores and you'll ruin your relationship with jump, which is very bad for business and a bookstore owner can't afford. They are also forcing them to buy Samurai 8 to get discount on other series
That's fake bullshit. I bet it's the same Twitter hater asshole who keep posting negative shit against Kishimoto. He has also created a japanese alt to shit on the series. Crazy bastard.

Rocker1189 said:
Ok, if this is true I definitely cant support it, but this is all just somemone from fb?
Ranking is going lower than expected,

Also: Book store owners are even complaining that Shuesha is blackmailing and forcing them to buy the series which they don't want to keep in their store.

43 is most probably a made up number by Jump to not ruin Kishimoto's name too much, but by doing so it's getting more hate in Japan cuz it's making the bookstore employees look incompetent cuz they are forced to sell what they know is a bad series and no one's buying it.

1997KD said:
Ranking is going lower than expected,

Also: Book store owners are even complaining that Shuesha is blackmailing and forcing them to buy the series which they don't want to keep in their store.

43 is most probably a made up number by Jump to not ruin Kishimoto's name too much, but by doing so it's getting more hate in Japan cuz it's making the bookstore employees look incompetent cuz they are forced to sell what they know is a bad series and no one's buying it.
Ok dude, again you are making alot of claims with no support, I am looking for this shit on twitter and finding nothing but just the same dude that hated S8 from before it even began, so again you have proof apart from one random picture?

Rocker1189 said:
Ok, if this is true I definitely cant support it, but this is all just somemone from fb?
I can give you post link if you want, but S8 can do better, i doubt it will get cancelled since they spend so much money to advertise it, also it will ruin Kishimoto name, but they also need stop shoving it in book owner ass, otherwise it will become most hated series.

Imagine a company cut one piece volume production just to increase a new random series production and force bookowner to buy it. It will get hated, even if it good. Same thing is happening with S8

Please post the link, because this sounds pretty terrible and I dont want to believe something like this without proof.

Ok dude, again you are making alot of claims with no support, I am looking for this shit on twitter and finding nothing but just the same dude that hated S8 from before it even began, so again you have proof apart from one random picture?

I just share someone else comment, that's all. And main proof is S8 sales, it's not even at top 50, despite coming from naruto creator, what else proof you need

You all hooked to it just because it delivers some feats But this thing is boring as fck..from the characters to the story..the main character doesn't even have a goal..the relation ship btn him and the female lead role is so plastic ..like honestly speaking this manga has not delivered anything that we haven't seen to keep us hooked.

1997KD said:
I just share someone else comment, that's all. And main proof is S8 sales, it's not even at top 50, despite coming from naruto creator, what else proof you need
All that proves is that its not doing to well which we all know, nothing about it being ranked 43 being a fake, or being pushed into the hands of bookstores that dont want it. Having a not great ranking does not say anything about all of that.

Back