• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
"What the hell is this"

Arright, so, without reading too much of the thread Jotaro has MFTL reactions as he is right now.

That makes his defense excellent, but would only help on Offense as to try and catch the opponent with the FOLLOW-UP punch more effectively.

If im understanding this right and Chariot is saying Jotaro can change the direction his punches due to MFTL reactions, he's not going to be hitting anywhere near as hard as a 3x AP advantage would imply, and if Sam is on or above the level of MMA fighters in skill, throwing a shitty punch or kick is liable to get Jotaro put into a submission, and, due to Sam's superior LS, is a ******* terrible place to be in.

So from what I read Sam FRA, it's AP vs Skill, but if AP can't land that AP properly, then guess who loses.

argues for 100 posts that Sam wins, lists off win conditions and even just five minutes ago claimed that Sam wins and everyone who disagrees are wankers shady and unknown i can 100% confirm barely **** with jojo if at all
actually it stomp
Do not.
'I changed my argument 8 times over thecourse of this thread but its your fault for not knowing what i was arguing from the start'

If i had a penny for every thread i could use this excuse for every thread ive been in i would be a billionaire
You're a billionaire? But nah fr, I can go back and quote myself each time I brought this up if that's truly what you think.
Its not reactions. Its perception.
Yes, except there has, in fact, been times where he did a quick little dodge here and there, he can't do it constantly, but it's occasional.
it's literally both, though the latter only applies when on guard because idk araki sus
this thread did point out that Jotaro is missing various speed categories listed which needs fixing so this hasnt been a total waste of time ig

I have a personal issue with you.
Well I'm sorry for that I guess.

MGSV-TPP-Wounded-Kaz.jpg

Dude thinks Sam is like Shang Chi or whatever to call it skill vs ap lmao
I mean, it kinda is yes, Sam is a trained MMA fighter with wins over literally the number 1 and number 7 best MMA fighters in the world on top of being a pro wrestler and having pressure points that can KO in seconds

Offtopic, but I honestly think JJBA should be much stronger than it is currently, and am hoping one day for the miracle calc to come that upgrades the verse... nothing to say about the Sam stuff, since it is currently a crud show, but all of you good folks know that already.

I mean, it kinda is yes, Sam is a trained MMA fighter with wins over literally the number 1 and number 7 best MMA fighters in the world on top of being a pro wrestler and having pressure points that can KO in seconds
Didn't you say she tanked their blows then one shot them?

Offtopic, but I honestly think JJBA should be much stronger than it is currently, and am hoping one day for the miracle calc to come that upgrades the verse... nothing to say about the Sam stuff, since it is currently a crud show, but all of you good folks know that already.
fanta go calc star platinum one punching and sending the rows of high priestess teeth flying underwater rn. 🙏

Many of the current AP calcs are blown way out of proportion and shouldnt be above 9-A in power, the fact that the current state of the verse makes Stands and their users completely invulnerable to any form of attack that doesnt have multiple layers of NPI, the fact that Stands for some bizarre reason are just agreed to be unaffected by speed equalization, etc.

We aren't making Plat 8-B, that 8-A feat doesn't count, and neither does the Justice Pressure 30,000GPA bullshit because force is funny and can't be converted to joules 👾
But we found two 9-A+ feats awhile back which is decent support, one is a basic ass cratering of steel too.
One also supports High 8-C plat due to stand rules
Boyo have you ever seen an MMA fight?
Plenty, which is why I'm wondering why you think "she tanked their blows and then one shot them", in your own words, means "she's comparable if not above them in skill", unless you're syaing she was ducking and weaving and using actual technique in said matches, but if so that's on you for failing to mention that.

Many of the current AP calcs are blown way out of proportion and shouldnt be above 9-A in power, the fact that the current state of the verse makes Stands and their users completely invulnerable to any form of attack that doesnt have multiple layers of NPI, the fact that Stands for some bizarre reason are just agreed to be unaffected by speed equalization, etc.
You're so ******* dumb it's not even funny

Reaper did you even read
I did say I didn't read the entire thread

Either way by the arguments I've read Sam inherently wins because, ya know, MMA fighting and fighting a 500 year-old sword are two ENTIRELY different animals, if you even need to know, fighting a dude using s sword and fighting a dude who's trying to punch or kick you to death are both different

Even if Sam isn't the best MMA fighter that's still gonna be enough to put Jotaro into an arm submission for throwing a shitty punch. And if Sam decides to do so Jotaro is gonna be left with a broken arm, before you bring up AP, submissions are tricky, especially IRL, where Brian Shaw could've had his arm broken by Dustin Poirier if the ladder so chose, obviously, a World-Class strongman with forearms the width of Dustin's thighs or damn near is stronger in all aspects compared to Dustin, but the possibility was still there.

The only thing I'll agree with is the multiple layers of NPI... it isn't wrong in the slight, but it is the second most annoying thing to consider when making Jojo matches 'sides the obvious thing with Speed Equal, but that is just my opinion.

I did say I didn't read the entire thread

Either way by the arguments I've read Sam inherently wins because, ya know, MMA fighting and fighting a 500 year-old sword are two ENTIRELY different animals, if you even need to know, fighting a dude using s sword and fighting a dude who's trying to punch or kick you to death are both different

Even if Sam isn't the best MMA fighter that's still gonna be enough to put Jotaro into an arm submission for throwing a shitty punch. And if Sam decides to do so Jotaro is gonna be left with a broken arm, before you bring up AP, submissions are tricky, especially IRL, where Brian Shaw could've had his arm broken by Dustin Poirier if the ladder so chose, obviously, a World-Class strongman with forearms the width of Dustin's thighs or damn near is stronger in all aspects compared to Dustin, but the possibility was still there.
Bro stop acting like Sam is this domina of grappling and MMA 😭She ain't breaking Jotaro's arm.

The verse currently is way better than when you made a half assed work scaling every single character to MFTL and 8-C because yes **** scaling and feats

Every
Single
Feat

I took care of every single one of them when calcing so I wouldnt just wank the **** up like you do with everything you touch, did numerous ends, researches for my calcs, everything to make them reliable.

I won't accept a dumbass like you bullshiting because you are in favor of a ******* sitcom character for ***** sake

Plenty, which is why I'm wondering why you think "she tanked their blows and then one shot them", in your own words, means "she's comparable if not above them in skill", unless you're syaing she was ducking and weaving and using actual technique in said matches, but if so that's on you for failing to mention that.
You really just dont listen to anyone but yourself do you? I told you the fights were over two minutes each, and that Sam took multiple blows from her opponent

Bro stop acting like Sam is this domina of grappling and MMA 😭She ain't breaking Jotaro's arm.
If she's MMA in any way shape or form and/or trained to do so, yeah, submissions are on the table, if Jotaro manages to land straight punches, yeah, Sam is gonna have to dodge or get hurt pretty good, but if Jotaro changes the direction of the punch to catch the dodge, there goes all the power in the punch.

You really just dont listen to anyone but yourself do you? I told you the fights were over two minutes each, and that Sam took multiple blows from her opponent
Exactly. "Sam took multiple blows from her opponents" and "she then one shot them", is what you said. What part of that is indicative of skill?

If she's MMA in any way shape or form and/or trained to do so, yeah, submissions are on the table, if Jotaro manages to land straight punches, yeah, Sam is gonna have to dodge or get hurt pretty good, but if Jotaro changes the direction of the punch to catch the dodge, there goes all the power in the punch.
Literally nobody with even a fraction of a brain would ever try punching like this.

From what I understand Chariot argued Jotaro would, so yeh
Point me to the post where he said this, and point me to any relevant evidence showing Jotaro punches like this. Like legitimately. Anyone with even rudimentary knowledge of how a punch works would never try this.

From what I understand Chariot argued Jotaro would, so yeh
Was moreso arguing he'd just pull his punch back if she tried to grab it actually pretty sure that's exactly what i said
If she begins dodging, he can just like, compensate or throw another strike with one of his 3 other limbs

The verse currently is way better than when you made a half assed work scaling every single character to MFTL and 8-C because yes **** scaling and feats
That wasnt me but okay
Every
Single
Feat

I took care of every single one of them when calcing so I wouldnt just wank the **** up like you do with everything you touch, did numerous ends, researches for my calcs, everything to make them reliable.
And i will be recalcing those in my revision
I won't accept a dumbass like you bullshiting because you are in favor of a ******* sitcom character for ***** sake
And there it is. Theres the reason yall are getting so buthurt over this.

'Jotaro is the best! He cant lose to some silly sitcom character! Who could even think that??"

I was right when i said the jojo wank is strong today

Back