• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Salem and Ozpin Additions

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Let's make this simple.

• Ozpin gets Type 4 Immortality (He honestly should have already had it)
  • Ozpin should get Multiple Personalities as he sort of still keeps the personalities he's absorbed through his reincarnation.
  • Ozpin's profile should get a rewrite and should be updated with the names of whatever past lives we know of.
  • Both should receive Magic and Salem is clearly still able to do it while Corrupted.
  • Salem should get Low-High Regenerationn via coming back from being reduced to a puddle, and Type 3 Immortality.
  • Salem should have all of Ozpin's Prime abilities. Both of them practiced the same form of magic in their haydays and that same magic is what Oz transferred to the Maidens.
  • Salem should resist Existence Erasure due to her Immortality protecting her from the Younger Brother's Hakai.
  • (Thanks, Dragon) Salem shouldn't be more powerful than Prime Ozpin. Her duel with him either shows he's superior or they're equal, as he managed to reduce her to a puddle of black goo. It was her regen that won her the fight, not her magical strength.
  • Salem's profile should get a re-write.
Suggestions are welcome.

Attack Potency: Small City level (Much stronger than Ozpi in his prime.

This should be changed. Ozpin actually won the fight in terms of pure power, while he was mortally wounded, Salem was reduced to a puddle. She won because of her regen and is not superior to Ozpin.

She should still scale off of him.

Perhaps we should reword it to Small City level (Fought on equal ground with Ozpin in his prime, although this reduced her to a puddle)

"Small City level (Fought with and killed Ozpin in his prime, tearing apart the massive castle they were in while their magic clashed)"

This better?

About her resisting Existance Erasure, we don't know if the Gods din't targeted her direcly, or just shielded her from the blast. I think we should wait before adding that.

Salem should have unconventional resistance to Life Force Absorption. It was clearly stated that she didn't die to the grimm puddle due to her life force being infinite

I would wait on the resistance to existance erasure, when the younger borhter fires the beam at ozpin and salem he says "allow me to correct my mistake", that might just mean that he was specifically targeting ozpin. Everything else is fine.

SchroKatze said:
Salem should have unconventional resistance to Life Force Absorption. It was clearly stated that she didn't die to the grimm puddle due to her life force being infinite
Either that, or it was simply her Immortality portecting her, since Infinite Life Force can equal to Immortality.

Edit: Forget about what I said above, it's more like immunity to Life Force Absorption since Infinite Life Force means it never runs out.

Uh.

Actually, they outright stated that they would destroy the planet if humanity failed the second test.

Should we remove Aura from Salem's profile? I don't think she's ever shown to have that power, it was something that didn't even exist until after the God Brothers left.

Ozma can use it because he's reborned into people who can use aura, but Salem doesn't do that, she's plain immortal. It's possible she might not be able to use Aura.

Or should we leave it alone for now?

Yeah, I was going to ask the same thing. She has a soul for sure though.

I believe she can't use aura, even though she does have a soul. Aura was something that came about after the Gods abandoned the world and Salem comes from before that.

I think we should remove it for now, if she has aura she'll show it in due time. (But that's just my opinion though)

Also, is it possible that Salem has limitless stamina or just very high stamina? She's never once shown being tired after becoming immortal, even after her fight with Ozpin she appeared fine.

How are these images of Ozma and Salem (Human)?

I think it was agreed to remove Grimm creation from her profile, she wasn't shown being able to create Grimm, just command them.

Besides that, it looks really good.

After the attack, she was glowing the same way as when she jumps into the Younger Brother's Pool of Darkness, or any other time she gets injured.

It seems like it hit her.

Go to 8:50 and see that she's not. Also after the attack they state that she is ment to be the only human left after the attack it's dubious to say she's resisting the attack when the younger brother makes a point to say that it was not his intention to kill her. Her punishment when she lied to the younger bother was to live forever without Oz until she learned the value of death. Her punishment for banding the humans against the two brother was to live forever as the only human to walk remnant.

She wasn't immortal at 8:50, that's not the feat we're talking about. We're talking about her taking a completely different attack at 12:10.

Look at this picture, she's clearying glowing after the attack ends.

Look at the other times she's glowed.

When she's injured, she glows.

She glowed after the Younger Brother's attack, which means she was injured.

"(Her curse allowed her to survive the Younger Brother's attack which erased humanity from the face of the planet)"

Haven't watched the new episodes yet, but did the Younger Brother do that via EE and not a simple life-wiping attack?

The black pit and the surface wipe attack are not the same thing. I specify 8:50 because the younger brother showcased a similar attack to the surface wipe and was clearly able to target specific people while hitting multiple people not that she was immortal during the attack. Why would you gain a resistance to an attack that wasn't ment to do anything to you?

@Desmond253

Your not making any sense, she was glowing with the curse of immortality given to her by the God of Light, she clearly was hit, and she has glowed the same way whenever she's hit.

If the attack didn't touch her, why was she glowing?

@RebubleUselet

That's a good question. I don't think the attack was stated to be existence erasure. He just released an attack that covered the entire planet.

@TheRustyOne

It's not that the attack didn't touch her it's that it wasn't supposed to do anything to her. I don't agree with give someone a resistance to an attack that was never intended to harm her.

@RebubleUselet

I'm not sure It could be a life-wipe attack that specifically targeted humans given that other living things such as plants continue to exist.

Where does that come from? Do you have any proof of this, because let me tell you right now, her not getting hit when he destroys Ozma isn't proof.

Those are two seperate scenes.

His attack didn't destroy her because of her immortality. That's why he didn't care about her getting hit, because she could survive it.

There isn't anything that implies he choose to not hit her. Besides, you still have explained why she was glowing if she wasn't hit by the attack.

I agree that it might not be EE though.

Again the reason why I point to the attack at 8:50 is because it showcases the younger brothers ability to specify the target of his attacks even when he his hitting mutliple targets she clearly got hit there is no disputing that and yet she did not die nor did she glow. It may be the case that her immortaltly protected her during the surface wipe assuming it was some type of life-wiping attack, I hadn't considered that option.

You see her powers activating right after he does that, though. Whenever she regenerates or her lifeforce is protecting her (See the Grimm Pools and her regenerating from her fighnt with Oz), she takes on a golden glow.

She has the same golden glow right after the Younger Brother erases humanity.

It's outright called existence erasure by the older brother when he talks to Ozmas.

Back