• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If his aura coudln't take it all all, the whole bubble would have popped the moment the bomb went off.

He only died because he choose to enclose himself with the bomb. If it were in more optimal circumstances, like they were on the ground, he would have been able to bubble the bomb, get to a safe distance, and live.

All he’s doing is extending his Aura, I.e his forcefield. Whether he did from a distance or not it still would have broken his Aura in one go. So he shouldn’t scale.

All he’s doing is extending his Aura, I.e his forcefield. Whether he did from a distance or not it still would have broken his Aura in one go. So he shouldn’t scale.
If it broke his aura right away, then the bomb would have spread out and destroyed everything. In that brief moment, with all of his power, he managed to create a force opposite to the bomb and contain it. And, again, semblances are not tied to forcefields. His semblance is powered by aura, his force field is not powering it.

If it broke his aura right away, then the bomb would have spread out and destroyed everything. In that brief moment, with all of his power, he managed to create a force opposite to the bomb and contain it. And, again, semblances are not tied to forcefields. His semblance is powered by aura, his force field is not powering it.

Ive already gone into a whole discussion regarding Aura projection and given proof on forcefields being tied to Semblances. You’ve yet to give me any saying that one can use a Semblance without one.

Anyway, it’s even worse with Vine. His Semblance is literally extending his forcefield. So the entire bubble was his forcefield not just him.

Again it broke his Aura and killed him in one shot. Why would we scale him to something that does that?

Ive already gone into a whole discussion regarding Aura projection and given proof on forcefields being tied to Semblances. You’ve yet to give me any saying that one can use a Semblance without one.

Anyway, it’s even worse with Vine. His Semblance is literally extending his forcefield. So the entire bubble was his forcefield not just him.

Again it broke his Aura and killed him in one shot. Why would we scale him to something that does that?
I gave you the Hazel example beforehand. How he either doesn’t have his forcefield at all while injecting himself with the dust or that he turns it off to inject himself. Either way, his semblance is still on since that is what gives him pain nullification and allows him to do this in the first place.

And once more, he’s not extending his forcefield. His forcefield and semblance are two different things, just powered by the same source.

And I’m saying that in a better circumstance, where he isn’t forced to bubble himself on a flying ship that is on autopilot, he would have survived by bubbling it and moving away from the blast.

I gave you the Hazel example beforehand. How he either doesn’t have his forcefield at all while injecting himself with the dust or that he turns it off to inject himself. Either way, his semblance is still on since that is what gives him pain nullification and allows him to do this in the first place.

And once more, he’s not extending his forcefield. His forcefield and semblance are two different things, just powered by the same source.

And I’m saying that in a better circumstance, where he isn’t forced to bubble himself on a flying ship that is on autopilot, he would have survived by bubbling it and moving away from the blast.

And I already stated with Hazel how he was stated to have both a large Aura reserve and fast healing, so we wouldn't see his Aura shield cause it would rarely break.

Okay? Even if its different as you say the same thing still occurs. If he's far away, he's still bubbling it using his Aura, which would break in one hit. The blast one shot his Aura. The only difference is that being on the ship killed him. Scaling something to a one shot makes no sense.

And I already stated with Hazel how he was stated to have both a large Aura reserve and fast healing, so we wouldn't see his Aura shield cause it would rarely break.

Okay? Even if it’s different as you say the same thing still occurs. If he's far away, he's still bubbling it using his Aura, which would break in one hit. The blast one shot his Aura. The only difference is that being on the ship killed him. Scaling something to a one shot makes no sense.
He can have fast aura regen and reserves, but he doesn’t need to break his own aura to inject the shields. He can just turn it off. And when he turns it off, his semblance is still active because that’s what allows him to dull the pain. So, even assuming he has his shield, he’d still need to turn it off to inject himself.

If he managing to contain it after it blows up and still manages to live, that’s a feat right there. It would just show the absolute upper limit his aura could take before disappearing.

He can have fast aura regen and reserves, but he doesn’t need to break his own aura to inject the shields. He can just turn it off. And when he turns it off, his semblance is still active because that’s what allows him to dull the pain. So, even assuming he has his shield, he’d still need to turn it off to inject himself.

If he managing to contain it after it blows up and still manages to live, that’s a feat right there. It would just show the absolute upper limit his aura could take before disappearing.

Fast Aura regen and reserves does explain it, since that fast heal is what allows him to even inject it in the first place. Everyone in the show has force fields when using Semblances. Why would Hazel be the sole exception?

No it wouldn’t. It’s the same thing with Jaune and Ren. They got one shot, don’t scale. Same applies here. He gets one shot, he doesn’t scale.

Anyway, I’ve given my opinion on this in that I disagree. So if you want to ask others go ahead. Though considering how the original OP was rejected, you might want to make a new thread. Though it’d be better if you do so after we finish the ones we’re currently doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back