• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: Salem and Grimm Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Alrighty, just some quick stuff for Salem and the Grimm:

First off, thanks to Before the Dawn, Grimm have the ability to sense souls, as well as absorb and destroy the souls of the living:

Page 237

“Long story short, it looks like the Grimm are attracted to the pretty Aura coming from Gill Asturias and the Crown’s forces.”

“What?!” Argento said. He was joined by confused comments from other Crownsmen.

Gill looked around at the Grimm who had been advancing on her position. Could that be what was happening?

Gill had experimented once with transferring Aura into a Grimm that had been roaming near the Wasteland base. The Aura had been absorbed quickly and began pulling more from Gill, faster and faster, until she ended their connection.

The Grimm hadn’t seemed altered by the Aura at all. Whatever they were, they didn’t use it for power, and they didn’t have souls. But it had consumed the Aura, and she had wondered if the thing that drew Grimm so strongly to humans and Faunus wasn’t just their emotions—after all, even animals have those—but perhaps also their very souls. Their Aura."

In Volume 6 Episode 3, Salem was revealed to have thrown herself into the Grimm Pools, the the source of all Grimm and the pure essence of Grimm, as an attempt at killing herself, and her soul was just fine afterwards, but she was turned into a Grimm hybrid as a result.

"Until fate led her back to the Land of Darkness. This was it. This had to be it, the brother's Grimm, the pools of black that continued to give rise to horrific nightmares. If the fountain of life granted her immortality, then surely, the pools of Grimm will finally take it away. She was wrong. This force of pure destruction could not destroy a being of infinite life. Instead, it created a being of infinite life with a desire for pure destruction."

Additionally, in Volume 6 Episode 4, despite not witnessing the Battle of Haven herself, Salem was fully aware that Cinder was alive after her defeat at the hands of Raven, whereas everyone else who was present at the battle believed her to be dead.

"Salem: I want you to tell me whose fault this was.

Salem: Now.

Emerald: Cinder! We failed because of Cinder...

Salem: That's right. (placing a hand on Emerald's shoulder, causing her to flinch) I want you to understand that failure. I want you to understand why Cinder must be left to toil in her isolation until she redeems herself.

Mercury: You mean--

Emerald: She's alive?

Watts: You're joking, how could you know that?"

TL;DR: Salem and the Grimm get life and soul absorption and destruction, and Salem gets a resistance to it

Salem and the Grimm get the ability to sense souls and life force, and Salem also gets the Grimm's ability to sense negative emotions

Agree.

Not that I have any problems with it myself, but is Before the Dawn free? Otherwise I think you shouldn't post the link to it.

Alright I've done Salem and the resistance for the GoD. All that's left is the Grimm. I have to go to work soon but would appreciate it if someone could do the rest. Otherwise, I'll finish it tomorrow when I get back home.

Edit: Finally done. This can be closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back