• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama's Hyperspace Gate feat should be toon force

TheGreatJedi13

Username Only
Garou called the Portal a Hyperspace gate and functions similarly to a wormhole

As per the folding Model, the hyperspace is akin to a wormhole that connects 2 points in 3 dimension space achieved mostly by folding/bending to merge 2 points in space
In this method, these point in space becomes a hyperspace or a higher dimension for gaining a new axis in a single point.
In the folding model, hyperspace is a place of higher dimension through which the shape of our three-dimensional space can be distorted to bring distant points close to each other; a common analogy popularized by Robert A. Heinlein's Starman Jones (1953) is that of crumpling two-dimensional paper or cloth in the third dimension, thus bringing points on its surface into contact.
The issue is that somehow we granted Saitama Non physical interaction for this feat
when it is honestly still a physical feat but due to the extra axis one cannot simply touch or interact with it as it is now affixed in another axis thanks to the bending

Moving it could be spatial hax but that's honestly what Saitama is doing there (unless you wanna argue Saitama has 4D range on a single point which honestly sounds like a nothing burger)
and it is more like
which includes being able to physically move things that should be impossible to move such as a hole in the ground (it's literally in the image)
this honestly is more appropriate as an ability for Saitama for this feat than "Non-physical interaction" (because the gate is still physical)

Of course, before people overreact this just means Saitama can move portals and such and not suddenly have all of the toon force ability as also stated on the page

Saitama should still keep NPI to Mental scapes for Phoenix man

I think this can just simply be classified as Spatial Manipulation.
he doesn't create them tho
he just moves them that's like super niche into spatial manipulation to call it that
and at best would be limited (sounds uncool not gonna write that there)

Spatial Manipulation encompasses all forms of control over space, and Saitama is quite literally manipulating space, even if he doesn't create the portal.
NPI works too because while the portal is still withib physical space, it shouldn't be physical by itself because, well, it's literally just space.

I think yes, spatial manipulation works more than just NPI (considering that even the series has a spiritual thing and IS not a portal)

I just wanna address most of the people's comments here that saying this is NPI

Hyperspace is physical they are 4D space. what is perceived as hard to interact with is since it exists in a higher axis to even move it
like if you fold a piece of paper in half the other half of the paper being connected to the folded half becomes this hyperspace and no drawing within the paper can move it
now if you move the fold slightly lower so a certain space isn't connected to the folded paper those no longer become the hyperspace which would reflect in a way that Portal receding but because it is just connecting 2 points this portal is infinitely thin hence it appears like a Hole in space
The portal itself that connects you or transfers you to the other side is the 4D space theoretically

If you guys believe this is still NPI then so be it
but as finicky as I can get I'd prefer it being spatial manipulation although limited or not over NPI

I just wanna address most of the people's comments here that saying this is NPI

Hyperspace is physical they are 4D space. what is perceived as hard to interact with is since it exists in a higher axis to even move it
like if you fold a piece of paper in half the other half of the paper being connected to the folded half becomes this hyperspace and no drawing within the paper can move it
now if you move the fold slightly lower so a certain space isn't connected to the folded paper those no longer become the hyperspace which would reflect in a way that Portal receding but because it is just connecting 2 points this portal is infinitely thin hence it appears like a Hole in space
The portal itself that connects you or transfers you to the other side is the 4D space theoretically

If you guys believe this is still NPI then so be it
but as finicky as I can get I'd prefer it being spatial manipulation although limited or not over NPI
I call this NPI and not limited space manipulation because there isn't really any bells and whistles to how Saitama accomplishes these feats. He's just treating something you'd normally be unable to touch, like you can touch it. Marking down as limited space manipulation is redundant when NPI accommodates the feats with no real problem.

Since people still in agreement with NPI while staff leans more with NPI i guess no changes will be made and this thread can be locked
thanks for participating

Toon Force advocator here.

Toon Force is generally a power that exists in a certain context or events that directly bring that context into a fight oriented setting, see The Mask or Judge Doom. It is used in the context of a joke, bending physics for the sake of comedy. It is also typically a sub-category for powers like spatial and physics hax, and most commonly elasticity or regen.

It appears that in this scan, Saitama is not doing this in a Toon Force-like context, he’s doing it in an actual fight where it is treated like a power as a result of his strength. Sure, it’s a joke in the manga that he’s the strongest and can defeat people in one punch, but I don’t think that alone qualifies for something like Toon Force.

Back