• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saitama's grown 58x in the span of a single fight sequence.

Saitama's RE is >>>> Garou's, which has been able to bridge gaps of 13x, 15x, and more.
Also just for safe-keeping can I get scans for both of these things, and the characters that had such AP advantages profiles so I can check the values they scale to?

Yeah your avoiding the question. Saitama isn't going to evolve in response to someone weaker/equal to himself unless you show me that.
Okay, sorry G, but you're wrong on this one. Look back at the graph again. Saitama and Garou were equal, and Saitama grew exponentially, and even after passing him, he was still growing.

Okay, sorry G, but you're wrong on this one. Look back at the graph again. Saitama and Garou were equal, and Saitama grew exponentially, and even after passing him, he was still growing.
Okay, awesome, I just want somebody to show me that happening!

So Saitama would start getting stronger when he realizes his opponent is equal/stronger than him? Or am I just getting this all wrong?

Yeah your avoiding the question. Saitama isn't going to evolve in response to someone weaker/equal to himself unless you show me that.
it would be in response to emotion
if someone was even strong enough to make saitama put in effort his AD would be triggered as demonstrated when subterraneans were getting very much bodied by him but he had still taken a little damage, even if it was a dream he was still exhilerated from finding something able to scratch him, which would directly scale to his real life behavior
it's likely that he gets stronger just by being in serious mode

I mean if Saitama passively gets stronger than his already one-shot worthy AP advantage then he stomps.

There's no voting cause he'd kill Mori by wiggling a pinky toe. I argued under the assumption that Saitama would not be growing merely at the prospect of mere effort.

I argued under the assumption that Saitama would not be growing merely at the prospect of mere effort.
Yeah, he's been passively getting stronger the entire series, but no one has noticed it because he stomped regardless and was laughably higher.
Screen_Shot_2022-08-11_at_6.59.20_PM.png

Yall giving me hope that Mori had a chance only to crush my dreams with Saitama's practically passive RE with an already one-shot AP advantage on his belt smh

I mean if Saitama passively gets stronger than his already one-shot worthy AP advantage then he stomps.

There's no voting cause he'd kill Mori by wiggling a pinky toe. I argued under the assumption that Saitama would not be growing merely at the prospect of mere effort.
We don't know how much stronger he gets passively. It isn't even nearly as drastic as you and the others are making it out to be by the way. Not sure why this is such big deciding factor.

His main accelerated development comes from emotions.

Dude I was literally debating posting this because I thought Mori was going to summon Time Stop and stomp Saitama.
Well, he can do that if he desires. He'd probably do that once he realizes Saitama's strength.

But what's he gonna do while time is stopped if Saitama, by the time he does, has such an obscene AP and Durability advantage that it makes "one-shot" look small?

We don't know how much stronger he gets passively. It isn't even nearly as drastic as you and the others are making it out to be by the way. Not sure why this is such big deciding factor.
I'm going by what information I'm being provided. I know Garou's development is broken to hell and back, and Saitama's is far superior.

Actually I do think it's pretty damn but but in the same token I think it's entirely situational, for instance I doubt it'd come into play since he isn't fighting an equal that previously injured Genos.

I think Saitama would be more like he was in his fight against Monster Garou rather than Cosmic Garou.

I'm going by what information I'm being provided. I know Garou's development is broken to hell and back, and Saitama's is far superior.
It's superior but only via his emotions as far as we know, based on the graph. Saitama grows passively, but we have no idea to what degree.

Actually I do think it's pretty damn but but in the same token I think it's entirely situational, for instance I doubt it'd come into play since he isn't fighting an equal that previously injured Genos.

I think Saitama would be more like he was in his fight against Monster Garou rather than Cosmic Garou.
I have it so that Saitama starts serious in this match.

It's superior but only via his emotions as far as we know, based on the graph. Saitama grows passively, but we have no idea to what degree.
I was told it was via strong emotions, and Saitama seems to yearn for equal/strong opponents that can push him. Since this isn't a Garou situation and Mori's actually a strong/respectable opponent who can grow to match Saitama's strength, I operated under the assumptions that Mori would be capable of making Saitama's emotions rile up to the point Mori being an equal eventually would not matter.

This was my basic thought process.

I was told it was via strong emotions, and Saitama seems to yearn for equal/strong opponents that can push him. Since this isn't a Garou situation and Mori's actually a strong/respectable opponent who can grow to match Saitama's strength, I operated under the assumptions that Mori would be capable of making Saitama's emotions rile up to the point Mori being an equal eventually would not matter.

This was my basic thought process.
Yeah, that would happen eventually but how does it make this a stomp?

It sounds to me like Mori has plenty of dura negation and other abilities based on his page and what you've said. Is all of it out of character or something?

Yeah, that would happen eventually but how does it make this a stomp?

It sounds to me like Mori has plenty of dura negation and other abilities based on his page and what you've said. Is all of it out of character or something?
Most of Mori's other dura neg options are through shit like electricity/heat and internal damage garbage and acupuncture. It isn't as useful as you may think.

Like, Mori could paralyze Saitama, or make his blood vessels explode, or stop time or explode him with vibrations.

But I begin to question, with knowledge on Saitama's development, whether or not any of this will be useful in the long-run. Some seem to think Mori's dura neg options don't work outright due to the AP difference.

Most of Mori's other dura neg options are through shit like electricity/heat and internal damage garbage and acupuncture. It isn't as useful as you may think.
What about the cloning and summoning?

What about the cloning and summoning?
I think it's a fair point to say Mori can use clones to rapidly paralyze Saitama, but can Saitama not just destroy the clones with sheer strength?

Also his summoning is what gives him things like vibrations and time stop.

But I begin to question, with knowledge on Saitama's development, whether or not any of this will be useful in the long-run. Some seem to think Mori's dura neg options don't work outright due to the AP difference.
That's what I was thinking.

Can an AP advantage be so big to the point where Dura Neg becomes irrelevant?

It's not so much that Mori's stuff won't work, but that the pins and whatnot he uses to pierce into people and induce the effects may not be capable of piercing Saitama's skin.

Well, it's weird here.

I think AP doesn't particularly matter here due to Mori's acupuncture directly targeting cells, meanwhile Phoenks thinks the opposite and thinks direct cell damage is no different than normal cell damage through physical attacks.

I think we decided to just agree to disagree and drop the point.

It's not so much that Mori's stuff won't work, but that the pins and whatnot he uses to pierce into people and induce the effects may not be capable of piercing Saitama's skin.
They don't need to pierce the skin. They've never had to pierce through skin or clothing, it activates through mere touch.

They don't need to pierce the skin. They've never had to pierce through skin or clothing, it activates through mere touch.
In that case, they should work. Though Saitama should resist all the pressure point stuff you were saying before.

In that case, they should work. Though Saitama should resist all the pressure point stuff you were saying before.
You'll need to be really specific about what pressure point stuff I was saying before, because I've said a lot of pressure points stuff.

You'll need to be really specific about what pressure point stuff I was saying before, because I've said a lot of pressure points stuff.
The whole "it negates durability because it targets the cells and nerves directly"

Saitama should resist that.

As for the blood clot thingies and explosion inducement stuff, that's fair game.

The whole "it negates durability because it targets the cells and nerves directly"

Saitama should resist that.
I mean I still think that's a valid argument and that he would n o t resist that, but I don't think either of us feel like going in circles about it. I'll concede on this point specifically merely due to the fact it will eventually go into anarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back