• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama vs Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
AquaWaifu said:
Jucaslucas said:
He still just approaches invisible, stops time, then insta kills. :p
If he could do that so easily wouldnt he have done it to Shalltear?
Because shaltear has resistance against many of Ainz's abilities and a few hax herself. Saitama has neither. None at All. This is a haxstomp

With the new rules it gives Ainz the advantage of always being the first to make a move, while giving Saitama his MASSIVE speed advantage. Also Verse equalization would mean that Saitama will be treated as a 100+ level character, but is still susceptible to timestop and instakills (if it hits him). Also I don't think Ainz could pull off the timestop combo on this one, the way it works is it either hits too early and gets nullified by the timestop or activates just a few milliseconds after the timestop ends, and Saitama could easily dodge in that timeframe.

hmmmm Ainz for now.

I'm leaning towards Ainz here solely because of Grasp Heart (I don't know much about its mechanics when used on a lvl100 char though), all his other skills are either too slow (reality slash, CotB) or too weak (Fallen down), and again IDK if his despair aura works against max levels. lvl 1-4 of despair seems to work on the mind, and we know that Saitama's mind is as strong as the rest of his body (strong mental fortitude=strong will), Lvl 5 will work just fine.

Question: In OPM verse Saitama has PSychic power resistance due to mental fortitude (strong will), And Psychic power is the same as qi or chakra (innate in-verse energy, in overlord it's called magic), does that mean that verse equalization means that it also translates to magic resistance?

Didn't Ains said that Heart Gasp only works on low-leveled humans? Also OPM is in god-like level and Ains is just a full level player who can't even defeat an admin. If you put them in a game Saitama would be like a hacker which can one punch anything where Ains is just a player with cash.

He used Grasp Heart to kill dragons too. Not that it matters, since he has much better insta kill moves than that.

If Saitama was a player, he would be a lvl 100 with infinite armor but crap magic resistance. Admins would be akin to gods that can control reality, so it's not like Saitama has anything on them. He just doesn't have the hax resistance to survive against Ainz.

^ about the verse equalization can anyone here give the exact explanation of how leveling works in yggdrasil?. I have read about it once but i have forgotten. does it work like dark souls where everytime you level you also increase in resistance? I know that some of Ainz skill depends on chance, and he has high level in luck (hence his plot armor). MOst of his spells can be easily dodged or tanked though.

You kill things and gets experience. Non combat classes have other ways to get xp though.

Your overall stats should get higher as you level up, but without items and abilities even a lvl 100 player would be fodder to other people on his level. That luck stat thing is never mentioned, he just has MC luck.

He has undodgeable attacks, and is specialized in insta kills. Then there's time stop, invisibility, ghost summons, etc. By the op, Saitama thinks Ainz is human, so he has no reason to one shot blitz Ainz, who can just ressurect even if he dies.

There's no way he can win under these conditions, really.

@Jucaslucas

Oh hey, thanks for reminding about the OP post, I forgot that in these I made agreements with tohers to excuse the pretense of there being any sparring. this is now just Ainz as himself not his adventurer persona.

Imma go edit that in now.

Also the op post doesnt say anymore that they are fighting with Ainz in his human illusion.

I did however edit it to make that bit more obvious.

Full knowlesge and 1 hour of prep still gives him the win. He knows Saitama can blitz him to hell and back, and destroy his entire kingdom with a mild serious punch, so he'll still insta kill without giving Saitama a chance to do anything. Approach invisible and unhearable then use True Death. Then there's time stop, and long range spells.

Really, this is not a good mach. If Ainz gets prep, he'll use it to make sure that Saitama can't do a thing, then insta kill him. If there's no prep, Saitama either blitzes and stomps, or underestimates Ainz and gets killed. There isn't much of a middle ground.

@Jucaslucas

"Ainz Time stop isn't a phenomena nor ability in DBS it is a spell therefore like him it will follow conditions without any exceptions such as no-one can do any harm within the time stop boundary even the caster himself except when you cast a delay spell"

would this effect it? if he used time stop?

Also can someone start a fight completely invisible and undetectable? Doesnt seem like a fight and more like an ambush.

He stops time and then uses a delayed magic to insta kill the moment the time stop ends.

An ambush is the smartest thing to do if you have prep. :p

That's what I think Ainz would do. He knows Saitama doesn't have a way to detect him like that, so it's the smartest way to go.

@Jucaslucas

since the innate in verse energy in Overlord is magic, would with verse equalization be considered like ch/aura in OPM?

AquaWaifu said:
@Jucaslucas
since the innate in verse energy in Overlord is magic, would with verse equalization be considered like ch/aura in OPM?
Nope, magic has it's own mechanics. You can't equalize something as sophisticated as magic with chi or ki. The spells in overlord are far too complex to be equalized.

Jucaslucas said:
Full knowlesge and 1 hour of prep still gives him the win. He knows Saitama can blitz him to hell and back, and destroy his entire kingdom with a mild serious punch, so he'll still insta kill without giving Saitama a chance to do anything. Approach invisible and unhearable then use True Death. Then there's time stop, and long range spells.
Really, this is not a good mach. If Ainz gets prep, he'll use it to make sure that Saitama can't do a thing, then insta kill him. If there's no prep, Saitama either blitzes and stomps, or underestimates Ainz and gets killed. There isn't much of a middle ground.
How exactly does true death work? I doubt it's instant though because otherwise Ainz wouldn't have needed to use a timestop combo. Also timestop combo will be ineffective since it will either result in a nulled spellcast (too early) or a delayed spellcast (about a few milliseconds late), and honestly Saitama can counter at that time (he's also too fast for Ainz to react, once he attacks it's over), reality slash could be dodged, fallen down could be tanked, TGOALID takes too long to cast. Now don't get me wrong I'm on Ainz side, my argument is that he'll perform a Grasp heart->reality slash combo, thats why I want to know the leveling rules, cause Saitama has feats of resisting special attacks and is also confirmed to have extremely high mental fortitude (high enough that he MAY resist stupification, via verse equalization) + feats of resisting Psychic power/ chi/chackra.

Grasp Heart wouldn't work. It crushes the heart, and Saitama's organs are too durable. Ainz would know that.

He only stopeed time so that Climb and Brain wouldn't know which spell he used to kill Unglaus. Gazef had asked for them to give that information to their Kingdom, but Ainz just killed him in a way that no one would even know what happened.

Thing is, Saitama can't see True Death. He also can't see nor hear Ainz if he's concealed. And, really, I doubt he would dodge. He's too confident in his invicibility.

Jucaslucas said:
Grasp Heart wouldn't work. It crushes the heart, and Saitama's organs are too durable. Ainz would know that.
He only stopeed time so that Climb and Brain wouldn't know which spell he used to kill Unglaus. Gazef had asked for them to give that information to their Kingdom, but Ainz just killed him in a way that no one would even know what happened.

Thing is, Saitama can't see True Death. He also can't see nor hear Ainz if he's concealed. And, really, I doubt he would dodge. He's too confident in his invicibility.

Oh i see, really helpful. But again we don't know the mechanics of true death (we know that it prevents the use of low lvl resu, other than that none), but yeah maybe it would work. About Ainz's invisibilty can he cast something like a reality slash (an invisible one) while it's active?

FreZix14 said:
If Grasp Heart doesn't instakill it will still stun the target

Stupefy not stun. Stun is a physical status, stupefy is a mental status. same effect different mechanics. Also in general stupification last longer.

From what I've read from everyone else....this depends on whether any spells can actually hit Saitama (Saitama doesn't just tank he almost always doges). Also Saitama may like to prolong fights but only if he thinks it's worth it, weak enemies he'll just blitz and kill instantly (which yes he'll usually just do like with Boros he didn't care at all for him and just went for the punch). How does time stop work? Ainz says a few words and stops time? Well Ainz looks like a monster so why wouldn't Saitama kill him just as he starts talking?

^Ainz has silent casting (idk if it only hides the casting, usually the spells name, or reduces the casting time), which prevents other people from sensing his casting, to vaguely explain it. Also his timestop does literally just that, Time stops, as in all of time (he can also easily spam it), but it also prevents the caster (or everyone unaffected) to inflict damage or other things to those affected. Timestop is usually used in combination with delay magic (delaying instant magic so that it will activate after the timestop ends), Ainz also uses this to reposition himself, appearing as if he teleported.

^Would any of the delayed instant magic have any effect on Saitama? I mean his like the instant death that was mentioned earlier. I see it this way: if Saitama survives the first hit Ainz is just dead in any way.

Nico-v11 said:
^Would any of the delayed instant magic have any effect on Saitama? I mean his like the instant death that was mentioned earlier. I see it this way: if Saitama survives the first hit Ainz is just dead in any way.
Yes, Ainz has many moves which ingore durability. Saitama can't survive any of Ainz's 1 hit kill moves.

It depends on tier when it comes to overlord verse so Saitama could only be killed by World lvl items and possible damage with super tier magic but anything less has no effect on him since he is world tier if we go by overlord verse.

Nico-v11 said:

yeah this is what i think would happen too. if Ainz lands an attack (preferably those that ignore durability), he wins, else, lose. It's hax vs raw power, only this time hax is given the chance to attack first, and raw power has speed advantage (to the point where any spell not 'instant' is sure to miss).

I'm more inclined to vote inconclusive because we don't really know whether Ainz or Saitama will get the first shot in. Ainz may start one of the spells but midway of saying the spell Saitama could realize what's happening and one punch him....or Ainz gets the shot in. This is the key factor of this fight

Ainz will win he can stop time and insta kill using magic which using game logic saitama probably has nothing to defend against it and lets say saitama cant be instakilled (which probaly cant happen anyway) it doesnt state he has to be standing in front of him he could be standing a mile away and casting instakills without saitama noticing cuz he has no idea how magic works

But saitama can also one punch him just by seeing that Ainz is trying to kill him, he has done this multiple times, and Ainz normally starts with grasp heart instead of Time Stop, which I assume saitama would be physically resistant towards that spell.

Ainz wins due to hax. It is specifically stated that he was one of the few players who mastered using delay spells + timestop to ensure the opponent has no time to react, and even if that doesn't work the first time, he could just use timestop and place [True Death] Spells in all directions, making it impossible to dodge. He can presumably also use a delayed [Reality Slash] if instant death somehow does not work.

If all else fails, [Cry of the Banshee] and [Despair Aura V] both have an AoE effect and cause instant death as well. He could also simply use [Death], which is targeted and undodgeable like [Grasp Heart], but causes instant death without needing to physically harm Saitama. Any way you look at it, Ainz wins.

Even if he doesn't get the drop on Saitama, as soon as the fight starts, he can just use time stop or [Invisibility] + [Perfect Unknowable] to completely erase his presence and then use [Death].

The key here as everyone has said is if any of Ainz, insta-kills can work on Saitama, because he only gets one attack. Distance doesn't matter, saitama obliterated a mountain with a range attack..

Now grasp heart won't work because saitama is too durable for ainz to crush his heart. Now the problem is the mechanics of a lot of Ainz, one-kill attacks are not completely understood. What exactly does insta-kill mean in this instance, because just because it's insta-kill for supersonic characters doesn't mean it will be for a massively hypersonic character.

Anyways, in character, Saitama doesn't usually wait for characters to attack him first, he usually arrives and punches them. So he'll pretty much obliterate Ainz the instant the fight starts, ainz wont have the time to do anything.

If Saitama does decide to wait for Ainz to do something, this is where Ainz only chance at victory comes in. Now given that no-one has been able to agree on a particular insta-kill that is sure to take down Saitama, it is rather hit or miss, even the Time stop and delay spell, only works if saitama doesnt immediately attack, so I think one way or another stopping time makes no difference.

If the first attack Ainz goes for doesn't work, he's dead. If saitama decides to attack first, Ainz is dead (being faster than ainz thoughts).

I go for saitama

FDrybob said:
Ainz wins due to hax. It is specifically stated that he was one of the few players who mastered using delay spells + timestop to ensure the opponent has no time to react, and even if that doesn't work the first time, he could just use timestop and place [True Death] Spells in all directions, making it impossible to dodge. He can presumably also use a delayed [Reality Slash] if instant death somehow does not work.
If all else fails, [Cry of the Banshee] and [Despair Aura V] both have an AoE effect and cause instant death as well. He could also simply use [Death], which is targeted and undodgeable like [Grasp Heart], but causes instant death without needing to physically harm Saitama. Any way you look at it, Ainz wins.

Even if he doesn't get the drop on Saitama, as soon as the fight starts, he can just use time stop or [Invisibility] + [Perfect Unknowable] to completely erase his presence and then use [Death].
Saitama's speed and AP mean's Ainz only gets one chance to win, it's why everyone is debating his insta-kills

Ainz wins if he uses insta death skills first, if not then Saitama crushes him.Even if we equalized verse Saitama would just be a lvl 100 character without hax and resistance so unless Saitama has resistance to instant death magic then I dont see why he wont get killed by Ainz instant death skills

yeah and your heart does not get more durable with AP, what kind of idea is that. It is a common theme in works of fiction that no matter how powerful you physically are your heart is still weak. Alsi grasp heart does not work with Ainz's strength anyway it is simply hax.

Pumping blood to a MHS body means the heart does indeed increase durability via increased kinetic energy (;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back