• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama vs Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saitama finds himself in the World of Yggdrasil or well the New World, and begins taking down any monsters and those he deems evil with his usual bored demeanor and immense power, this gains the attention of Ainz Ooal Gown, who under the guise of his Adventurer image sees firsthand the devastating and seemingly godlike speed power and endurance on this costumed bald man. Finding him a possible threat to him and his guild, Ainz Ooal Gown begins to formulate a plan to take this Saitama down for good.

Battle field is grassy field, Ainz plans to kill Saitama, Ainz has full info and 1 hour prep (no world items), Saitama no info, no prep, speed is not equalized. Ainz begins the fight not as his Adventurer persona but as himself.

Both are in character Incapacitation and killing are the only methods to win. No BFR or anything else

Ainz easy. Since Saitama only knows him in his Momon form, he'll think Ainz is a human, and is very unlikely to blitz. Then Ainz just time stops and insta kills. He could mind control Saitama too. He can also make illusions that'll make him look like a human even if he doesn't use the armor.

Word Class Items and Wish Upon a Star could also be used.

I specifically said no WuaS. Now...could see a way for Saitama to win? Let's get your thoughts on if you were to try and argue on Saitama's end.

Jucaslucas said:
Ainz easy. Since Saitama only knows him in his Momon form, he'll think Ainz is a human, and is very unlikely to blitz. Then Ainz just time stops and insta kills. He could mind control Saitama too. He can also make illusions that'll make him look like a human even if he doesn't use the armor.
Word Class Items and Wish Upon a Star could also be used.

oh and since I admittedly forgot...Im gonna add to the topic no use of World Class items.

Only if he blitzes right away, something I doubt he would do in character against someone he thinks is a human.

Jucaslucas said:
Only if he blitzes right away, something I doubt he would do in character against someone he thinks is a human.

So wait, about the actual Overlord series, why didnt he use timestop agianst Shalltear?

Jucaslucas said:
Because she's immune to time stop, just like all the other lvl 100 chars.

ah right, I wondered about that, I forgot that little bit. this discussion made me remember he didnt do that.

He'd be a lvl 100 with super high armor and physical attack but without any of the hax resistances. He'd probably have 0 in magic power.

Being high lvl alone doesn't make you immune to stuff, you need items, skills and spells.

Like when Ainz used time stop and said that you should have countermeasures to it when you reach lvl 70. You need to find a countermeasure, the level doesn't make you immune.

He's been able to resist Tatsumaki's telekinesis, and while as a spell Grasp Heart may function as insta-kill effect in game, it's done via telekinesis (Ainz telekinetically crushes their heart). Considering it's Ainz favourtite spell, its probably what he would go for the moment he started actually trying to kill Saitama, and if the feeling of having your heart squeezed doesn't make Saitama realises Ainz is trying to kill him, nothing will. After that, Saitama crushes Ainz

Ainz has 3 months to prepare. He would have enough time to figure that out. I think he's way more likely to just stop time + True Death.

Jucaslucas said:
Ainz has 3 months to prepare. He would have enough time to figure that out. I think he's way more likely to just stop time + True Death.
Hmm is the prep time to high?

Well, it's way more than enough. I'd say that he could win even with a few hours of prep, if he's cautious enough.

Keywords:1. Saitama only goes for the kill if Ainz sheds his disguise. 2. Pretense of a sparring. 3. AInz plans to take Saitama down for good.

Analysis: 1. Saitama can't kill Ainz (as he does when facing humans), so only incap is allowed (Hammerhead, Sonic, Snek). 2. Based on all the spars he's had (Genos, headphone guy, in a way, Boros Garou, Tats), incap is also out of the question (he only ends the fight when things get out of hand) . At this point there is no way for Saitama to win. 3. Ainz will go for the kill, and when someone who could manipulate life and death goes for a kill, well........

Ainz EZ. Saitama has no defense (that we know of) against instant death spells. Based on conditions he also has no offense.

Both have adamantium-grade plot armor but Saitama's is thicker by virtue of working on cartoon logic. If he closes the distance, Ainz is dead in one casual punch (bludgeoning damage = shattered skeleton). Saitama has no known countermeasures to time stop and insta-kills, but knowing the series, he can probably move faster than the speed of time itself and is too resilient to have his heart crushed.

My brain wants to say Ainz, but my gut feeling is that Saitama would take this due to plot armor.

@SenthaiOverlord Both Saitama and Ainz have very little plot armor, if any at all, and we don't consider plot armor as a legit power or argument in threads here.

Also, i'm pretty sure you're not supposed to comment in threads that are more than a month old if you don't have any valid arguments.

NotEvenHuman said:
@SenthaiOverlord Both Saitama and Ainz have very little plot armor,
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, no.

Ainz's plot armor is kinda ridiculous.

Maybe my plot armor senses are broken from reading too much Fairy Tail then, because i really don't remember any instances of plot armor from Ainz that i would call ridiculous.

Edit: Except that one time where the Emperor (forgot his name) was talking with the guys from the Church about forming an alliance to beat Ainz and Ainz himself showed up to say hi. That one was way too convenient. But otherwise, i can't think of anything.

It's not used in battles since he can stomp anyone he faces, but his luck is just ridiculous.

Appearing at the colosseum at the exact moment the Emperor was talking with the Theocracy, destroying their relations and making the Empire become his vassal without even trying.

Appearing to fight Demiurge at the exact moment needed to save Evileye even though he had no idea what the plan was.

Going to the Dwarven nation at the exact moment they were being attacked by other race, just so that he could save them.

And literally everything that he ever did coming together perfectly as a masterful plan to conquer the world, that even Demiurge is impressed by, even though he has no idea wtf is even happening.

Really, his luck is already a meme in the Overlord community. :p

Oh yeah, i forgot about the Demiurge thing.

To be fair, the Dwarves were fighting that other race for quite some time when he arrived.

I haven't even finished Vol. 11 yet, but as far as i got in it, Ainz didn't have a full, solid plan yet.

I should finish reading that. Actually, i should finish reading a lot of things. There's like, one month worth of books that i haven't even touched yet. Procrastination at its finest.

You kinda did. Saitama has literally no way of fighting back, because Ainz prep + saitama thinking they are training + saitama unwilling to kill what he thinks is a human = saitama dead jn seconds

The problem is that this fight is between a majorly hax character, against a majorly physical character, so it's going to be very hard to make it fair. If saitama knows who he is, he wins. If saitama knows who he is but speed is equalised, it depends on their starting distance, cuz if Ainz says "grasp heart"/"true death"/etc before saitama can walk up to him and one punch him, Ainz wins. Otherwise, saitama wins.

I'd say use perfect warrior Ainz only with speed equalised to make it a physical only battle, but the problem is still that saitama outclasses him physically to a huge degree. Without his hax, Ainz can't kill saitama, but with them the battle is entirely based on starting distance, at least when speed is equalised. I get what you're trying to do by making saitama not know he's in a fight, but in the case of this battle, the situation is more important than the characters fighting

remove the pretense of sparring. change to: Ainz plans to kill Saitama, Ainz has full info and 1 day prep (no world item), Saitama no info no prep, speed unequal.

Bleuburd said:
remove the pretense of sparring. change to: Ainz plans to kill Saitama, Ainz has full info and 1 day prep (no world item), Saitama no info no prep, speed unequal.

hmm alirght except Im changing it to one hour since it seems Ainz is like one of those characters who can get stupidly good with prep.

Change is made NOW.

That... actually makes it a lot fairer. Good thinking. Does Ainz have any speed increasing items that we know of? Or items that would make Ainz unable to be hit?

Body of effulgent burial or whatever it's called lets him negate the effect of one attack I think, so if he used that prior to the fight he might be able to catch Saitama off guard

Ainz kills Saitama with reality slash or black hole. If anyone is thinking about verse equalization -> Saitama has zero hax so het doesn't get equated to anything. Saitama has no counter tk any of Ainz's top spells

SenthaiOverlord said:
Both have adamantium-grade plot armor but Saitama's is thicker by virtue of working on cartoon logic. If he closes the distance, Ainz is dead in one casual punch (bludgeoning damage = shattered skeleton). Saitama has no known countermeasures to time stop and insta-kills, but knowing the series, he can probably move faster than the speed of time itself and is too resilient to have his heart crushed.
My brain wants to say Ainz, but my gut feeling is that Saitama would take this due to plot armor.
Ainz Time stop isn't a phenomena nor ability in DBS it is a spell therefore like him it will follow conditions without any exceptions such as no-one can do any harm within the time stop boundary even the caster himself except when you cast a delay spell. ( example if you cast a fireball on Saitama's it would cause no damage nor even if Saitama can move faster than time even if he hits Ainz the very attack won't cause any damage )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back