• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Franchise: Excalibur Upgrade

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Yes, I can make upgrades not about Digimon too. ovo

So this is something that has been on my mind sense forever. The Excalibur could kill being who could regenerate from absolutely nothing. By our definition, this is Mid-Godly, not Low-Godly. As such Excalibur wielders should have their Regenerationn Negation upgraded to Mid-Godly negation.

In the Lost canvas it didnt have any Regenerationn Negation. The four gods could regenerate just fine after cut by excalibur.

However, it also cut through the....(Here comes the wrong name) Faceless (?) who could regenerate from nothing and permanently killed them iirc.

PaChi2 said:
In the Lost canvas it didnt have any Regenerationn Negation. The four gods could regenerate just fine after cut by excalibur.
Wouldn't that mean the four gods Regen is higher? Just asking

Of course it can't kill the Four Gods. They are gods. See what happened when Zeus was destroyed in body and soul.

However, the Dragon Faceless can "regenerate from nothing" and Excalibur Nullified its regen. And if I remember right, the Faceless are explicitly Spiritual beings rather than physical creatures, so you can't make the argument that it regenerated from soul alone.

Matthew Schroeder said:
However, the Dragon Faceless can "regenerate from nothing" and Excalibur Nullified its regen. And if I remember right, the Faceless are explicitly Spiritual beings rather than physical creatures, so you can't make the argument that it regenerated from soul alone.
Is that to me or...?

Not same timeline as Episode G Assassin, though. That one is Classic Manga, ND, Episode G and Assassin.

While LCs is Lost Canvas and Classic.

But it does make sense. Gods >>>> Faceless so resisting it is logical.

@Matt

Then should we add to the Gods' pages "Resistance to Regenerationn Negation"? If even minor gods like Oneiros can do it.

There is also that chance that it doesn't work on those far above them in power + Resistance to Soul Based skills.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
There is also that chance that it doesn't work on those far above them in power + Resistance to Soul Based skills.
Oneiros could still be cut by El Cid, so even if he is above him, it isnt a big margin. And was killed by Sisiphus' arrow...

Well based on your quote, God have a higher resistance to Soul Destruction.

He is the God of Dreams who lives in the World of Dreams directly serving Hypnos. Its a different concept from Hypnos, who is the god of Sleep. Also, they are 4 brothers and the one who displayed this resistance was the fusion of the four.

Note that Icelus and Phantasos came back after being destroyed by Excalibur.

Well don't they have like Type 8 as well? Could be less regen and more resurrection as well.

They explained that they couldnt be killed by humans

"who explains that the gods exist in a dimension that humans cannot understand, and still rely on their souls, after which they are fused with Oneiros,"

This means that Excalibur didnt damage their souls. So they didnt resurrect, Excalibur only destroyed their bodies.

So this means a greater resistance to Soul Attacks? So nothing changes from my proposal...

Matthew Schroeder said:
Éris isn't an Olympian and is one of the main reasons for Mid Godly.
Eris is a great god and one of the greatest rivals of Athena since the time of myths. These are minor gods, without any importance.

But in the Gaiden 5 "Capricorn", Cid (with its cosmos to the maximum) completely destroys Phobetor, a brother and one of the five dream gods.

PaChi2 said:
They explained that they couldnt be killed by humans
"who explains that the gods exist in a dimension that humans cannot understand, and still rely on their souls, after which they are fused with Oneiros," This means that Excalibur didnt damage their souls. So they didnt resurrect, Excalibur only destroyed their bodies.
The Excalibur (to the maximum) of Cid can destroy to the dream gods. In the Gaiden 5 "Capricorn" (Chapter 45), Cid (with its cosmos to the maximum) uses his Excalibur to kill (or destroy completely) Phobetor, one of the five dream gods.

Cid vs Phobetor
https://imgur.com/a/chy9O

I agree considering how Mid Godly is defined and Excalibur killing the Dragon Faceless, a disembodied existence without a physical form who regenerated from nothing after Shiryu destroyed it with a Rozan Shoryuha.

Back