• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya 8th Sense 5D HDE Removal

Did you seriously just fish through nearly 9 months of the discussion thread to use an old post to refute something here?

At any rate, I don't see how that contradicts what I'm arguing here at all? It's not even remotely related. That was about whether the UW is a 2-C construct, this has absolutely no relation to the dimensionality of 8th sense souls in question here.

A different plane of existence, realm, different dimension, same thing. Also I believe @Alonik mentioned a scan about the Underworld being stated to be a subspace, so yeah.

That's stated nowhere in the chapter in any of Illias' explanation, all due respect, you're making stuff and fabricating context here.

If anything, the little context we do have in regards to that statement made actually completely goes against this interpretation.

These are the lines that directly precede Illias making that statement. Illias brings it up as a new perspective for Sispyhos to consider in regards to whether he"s really "dead" from a ideological standpoint. Illias isn't in the Underworld nor is he talking about the 8th sense.

The fact that he isn't even talking about the 8th sense specifically in itself makes using this as evidence for 8th sense users specifically HDE nill, btw.

Yet the upgrade thread doesn't give any of said background information that falls under the HDE standards.

2d33cc8e5d7f6e44a1642cea19aae347.png

7de5115c2a1f242e574853218bc1f13b.png

Your own sources are literally telling you it just means multiple dimensions as far as wording goes and could perhaps be used to refer to a multiverse, which would be from a contextual standpoint. But the wording used is not something unanimous for multiversal at all.

There isn't the slightest modicum of context in the chapters to even hint it was referring to the multiverse here.

And in the other link, you asked a question about a different term from a different series (G Requiem) from a different writer and a different term with different context. Ignoring that.

This doesn't really address my point. The membrane part is completely metaphorical, and I've already gone in detail as to why the higher dimension part doesn't meet the standards to be in reference to a literal higher spatial dimension.

And no, 次元 is not exclusively higher mathematical dimension in any case.. what? It's also used as how "different dimension" is used in english, literal infinite examples for this. I'm sure you know this as well as me so I'm confused as to why you'd even argue this.

But the 8th sense part is completely unrelated to the mental plane, I went over this in detail in the OP. And since you mention it, as I noted above in the OP, if anything, it completely contradicts the notion that the mental plane transcends spacetime.

The Dark Wing example has literally nothing to do with her soul being the size of universes, it's implied to be because her soul perhaps reincarnates between universes, with the way she talks in first person.
uTu94Mn.jpeg
In any case, at absolute best, it's just cosmic awareness, and that doesn't equate to having a soul that covers everything, which is ridiculous and non sequitur.

As for the Illias thing, where? As far as I remember, the first chapter literally shows otherwise with Asmita saying that he had to actually make a journey to Earth.

Mind pointing to anywhere where I ever even said or implied it's an illusion? That's a strawman to my argument.

I said it's created and perceived by their thoughts and effectively in their heads/consciousness. That is true, that is a fact directly stated as cited in the OP.

Denying this is the only ignorance of context here.

And this doesn't necessarily mean it's an illusion or not real, since fiction, especially Saint Seiya here, treats the mind in very esoteric ways.

However, it still stands as a point and context that works against assuming it's a higher spatial dimension/R>F reality.

Raising their consciousness is what allows them to perceive and shape the realm, yeah. It works hand in hand.

We clearly see that with Asmita being able to shape the realm himself and create his own thought territory after going there (already demonstrated in the OP). If it were just Illias' thoughts able to affect it, maybe you'd have a a point.

It's not a contradiction. It came first because Illias' thoughts were what initially created the realm. This doesn't effect my point whatsoever.

So then I take it you acknowledge that the chapters themselves and by this specific author don't have any context for RDF here, considering you immediately turn to completely different series by completely different authors already.

That's what most of that is.

And half of that literally isn't even related to the 8th sense, which is what's in question here. Like the examples with the gods, or Dysomnia, who could see universes like that because of the specific place she and Shaka were in (a place where all universes converged), not because of her own abiliites or anything like that. The cyclops thing completely lacks context and there's nothing indicating it's related to the 8th sense either.

And I'm 99% sure the gods in Hero of Heroes in question aren't even the Saint Seiya gods as it's a crossover between various series (it's eyebrow raising that this would even be considered canon, but whatever), but reading a book that has recorded information isn't any sort of feat for them. And again, completely unrelated to the 8th sense.

Already gone over this above, this translation's off after I've looked into it.

To address the relevant parts:
"その時やたらと頭にあった、阿頼耶識と次元上昇って何かしら共通点があるのでは
This does not say that she tried to come up with something in common, but that she simply contemplated whether it did since it was on her mind. As she literally says afterward, she literally worked out the story without an answer to that.
"なかなかバタバタとした想い出の3話となりました"
This is not at all what this says. This says "It became a hectic and memorable 3 episodes/episode 3 (ambiguous due to how JP works with plurals, but the context from the previous sentence of her working out the story without an answer seems to favor 3 episodes). These phrases are all separated by commas and are independent of each other.
バタバタ= hectic
想い出の3話= memorable 3 episodes
なりました= became;result in, etc.

Nowhere does any part of what she says mentioning coming up with an answer, and on the contrary she literally outright says she didn't right before.
"答えのないまま捻り出すという"
I worked it out without an answer.
答えのない= without an answer
捻り出す= worked out; thought up, etc.

As for my thoughts on this:
I'll have to give detailed debunk tomorrow

But I'm seeing a lot kf confirmation bias and cherry picking what will make you seem right

Also I'm seeing purposeful neglect of whole context, and lack of Japanese raws.

This will just continue the same dance we always do. And honestly only those whom read the chapter will be able to fully understand whose right instead of reading snippets of the chapter.

Aldi, I think you missed the part where my canon blog was accepted in a crt

But I'm seeing a lot kf confirmation bias and cherry picking what will make you seem right

Also I'm seeing purposeful neglect of whole context, and lack of Japanese raws.

This will just continue the same dance we always do. And honestly only those whom read the chapter will be able to fully understand whose right instead of reading snippets of the chapter.

Aldi, I think you missed the part where my canon blog was accepted in a crt
Most definitely could say the same to you, especially considering all the attempts at trying to non sequitur textbook basic cosmic awareness to proof of HDE. And I don't even see any refute to my points about how in any case, whatever abilities this all merits, the relevant stuff's only referring to the mind, not soul.

Here's the raw for the scan I cited. Nothing's out of context whatsoever, it's the same.
Asmita: 獅子が 風の中より 呼んでいるのだ
Asmita: The lion's calling from the wind
Asmita: 彼が最期に 進んだ大地の たび 旅路へな
Asmita: To his last Earthly journey
ca0940767a8056af70da74e114696af6.png
Also I've already linked translated typesets of the chapter in the OP in case people are interested enough to read it and see, though I'm pretty sure we have no place to obligate anyone to go out of their way to read 3 entire obscure chapters for a minor topic like this.

After some deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that LC does present actual dimensional transcendence, and that the 8th Sense is at worst analogous to it. The context this special chapter gives us along with the WoG gives is only corroboration of something we already knew was a thing in LC. I'll try to post the relevant scans later today

After some deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that LC does present actual dimensional transcendence, and that the 8th Sense is at worst analogous to it. The context this special chapter gives us along with the WoG gives is only corroboration of something we already knew was a thing in LC. I'll try to post the relevant scans later today
Are these your own scans or are you working with Unshakable?

Unshakeable one argument makes alot more sense to. Am definitely not saying ssj argument are bad or anything. Unshakeable one argument just hit harder

Did you seriously just fish through nearly 9 months of the discussion thread to use an old post to refute something here?

At any rate, I don't see how that contradicts what I'm arguing here at all? It's not even remotely related. That was about whether the UW is a 2-C construct, this has absolutely no relation to the dimensionality of 8th sense souls in question here.

A different plane of existence, realm, different dimension, same thing. Also I believe @Alonik mentioned a scan about the Underworld being stated to be a subspace, so yeah.

it is very relatable to this downgrade thread. Your claiming the Underworld is a "Dimension" when the series very clearly labels terminologies such as "Dimensions" as parallels universes. This contradicts This shows that you have a very questionable view of the verse, and should raise questions of your legitimacy to this thread and specifically this verse.

2ndly, they are not the same thing, and the franchise has had 0 development on the UW's cosmology since LC. Thus, it is very unlikely that your view has changed.

Again, you would need to prove that the Underworld is the "Dimension" being referenced for your scan to prove that it doesn't mean "Dimensionality."

That's stated nowhere in the chapter in any of Illias' explanation, all due respect, you're making stuff and fabricating context here.

If anything, the little context we do have in regards to that statement made actually completely goes against this interpretation.

Unfortunately for you, Saint Seiya Lost Canvas Gaidens in the asmita gaidens debunks your claim, and proves im right.

At the end of Asmita vs Atavaka (probably spelled wrong) the souls were unsealed and allowed to move on to Samsara.

2ndly, Samsara is the cycle of Reincanration, however, they cannot reincarnate if hades is throwing them into his underworld.

because the Underworld is a higher plane of existence, when their souls are snatched by hades their dimensionality is elevated.

your 4th problem is that your limiting everything to Lost canvas when the new canon blog was accepted. (though it wasn't made into a official page though, but was accepted)

Yet the upgrade thread doesn't give any of said background information that falls under the HDE standards.

it does give said background information, but you chose to discontextualize for the sake of a downgrade

Your own sources are literally telling you it just means multiple dimensions as far as wording goes and could perhaps be used to refer to a multiverse, which would be from a contextual standpoint. But the wording used is not something unanimous for multiversal at all.

There isn't the slightest modicum of context in the chapters to even hint it was referring to the multiverse here.

And in the other link, you asked a question about a different term from a different series (G Requiem) from a different writer and a different term with different context. Ignoring that.

Your ignoring canoncities again, and valid cross scaling. Now you are arguing a separation of canon with cosmologies.

2ndly, Good job screenshotting and using that screenshot hyper zoomed to block out context. The guy literally sent me a link to the japanese wiki for "multiverse" where the Kanji does appear on that page.

This doesn't really address my point. The membrane part is completely metaphorical, and I've already gone in detail as to why the higher dimension part doesn't meet the standards to be in reference to a literal higher spatial dimension.

And no, 次元 is not exclusively higher mathematical dimension in any case.. what? It's also used as how "different dimension" is used in english, literal infinite examples for this. I'm sure you know this as well as me so I'm confused as to why you'd even argue this.

But the 8th sense part is completely unrelated to the mental plane, I went over this in detail in the OP. And since you mention it, as I noted above in the OP, if anything, it completely contradicts the notion that the mental plane transcends spacetime.
Your still holding to this steadfast confirmation bias and purposeful discontextualization and fabiraction of scenes and context.

on top of that, your also again ignoring in franchise context on the validity of higher dimensions and how they do qualify for actual higher dimension in a tieriable vswiki way.

to give 1 such example, in LC its directly stated that time is infinitely long and branched. Its a bit more detailed than that obviously, but it shows that the Dimensions do qualify for vswiki tierable way

The Dark Wing example has literally nothing to do with her soul being the size of universes, it's implied to be because her soul perhaps reincarnates between universes, with the way she talks in first person.

In any case, at absolute best, it's just cosmic awareness, and that doesn't equate to having a soul that covers everything, which is ridiculous and non sequitur.

Its called "supporting evidence" and the cosmic awareness is because of the reality ficition difference.

So, your saying the cycle of Reincarnation is at least a 2-A concept in verse?

Additionally, Athena may have chose to become human but she never gave up her divinity, and divine power, and we saw "True Athena's Soul" in that scene

Mind pointing to anywhere where I ever even said or implied it's an illusion? That's a strawman to my argument.

I said it's created and perceived by their thoughts and effectively in their heads/consciousness. That is true, that is a fact directly stated as cited in the OP.

Denying this is the only ignorance of context here.

And this doesn't necessarily mean it's an illusion or not real, since fiction, especially Saint Seiya here, treats the mind in very esoteric ways.

However, it still stands as a point and context that works against assuming it's a higher spatial dimension/R>F reality.

what else would you call a mental plane?

Additionally, Illias isn't a figment of their imagination gone wild. your left out context. He was always existing

Raising their consciousness is what allows them to perceive and shape the realm, yeah. It works hand in hand.

We clearly see that with Asmita being able to shape the realm himself and create his own thought territory after going there (already demonstrated in the OP). If it were just Illias' thoughts able to affect it, maybe you'd have a a point.

Your contradicting yourself again, Asmita had to achieve a significant feat to even "get to this territory." he can't get there if he was already there. If he was already there but still had to get there. Your narrative doesn't make sense.

t's not a contradiction. It came first because Illias' thoughts were what initially created the realm. This doesn't effect my point whatsoever.

where is that stated?

So then I take it you acknowledge that the chapters themselves and by this specific author don't have any context for RDF here, considering you immediately turn to completely different series by completely different authors already.

you appear to have missed on the thread you linked in your op where the Canon blog was accepted. So your addmitting you have only malicious intent for the franchise and want to see it downgraded into obilivion, and you created this thread for the sake of downgrading?

seeing as you immediately turn to canoncities being a problem, and how there is a metric solar mass tons of evidence for valid cross scaling within the franchise, and everything is infact written by kurumada.

This appears to be your go to argument when nothing appears to go your way.

That's what most of that is.

And half of that literally isn't even related to the 8th sense, which is what's in question here. Like the examples with the gods, or Dysomnia, who could see universes like that because of the specific place she and Shaka were in (a place where all universes converged), not because of her own abiliites or anything like that. The cyclops thing completely lacks context and there's nothing indicating it's related to the 8th sense either.

And I'm 99% sure the gods in Hero of Heroes in question aren't even the Saint Seiya gods as it's a crossover between various series (it's eyebrow raising that this would even be considered canon, but whatever), but reading a book that has recorded information isn't any sort of feat for them. And again, completely unrelated to the 8th sense.

now your turning to the argument of, "I want direct and specific quotations of the 8th sense being involved, and i won't accept anything less from that." When you try to say your a self proclaimed "Saint Seiya Knowlegable"

You even admitted here that you haven't read "hero of Heroes" when you say "im 99% sure"

You also appear to immediately jump to "lack context" when your losing an argument.

in summary

were doing the same dance we always do. This is nothing but a big circle that is an endless loop.

The opponent immediately jumps to separation of canon w/ cosmology arguments, and i explain in great detail why that's wrong. in fact i have a blog on why its wrong, and that was accepted on the same CRT the OP is talking about.

on top of that, he keeps saying everything lacks context when he himself is purposely leaving context out. even with the reddit threads i linked he screenshotted context out of it, and showed only something that would elevate his argument.

i question his intent for the verse on the wiki.

unfortunately i have to go deal with some irl stuff so i had to stop this response short.

Edit: my fault, i thought the OP linked the thread where 5D stuff was accepted.

The same thread that had 5D stuff accepted also accepted the new canon blog i created

Edit 2: his entire argument hinges on Illias being a figment of their imagination crested by this "mental space" which is unsupported by context
In the franchise

It also hinges on specific terminologies used with the franchise which he is ignoring for the sake of downgrading

It also hinges on separation of canons w/ cosmologies which is easily debunked with my blog

Not many outside the franchise will even understand what's being debated here without reading the series and deep research

Last edited:
it is very relatable to this downgrade thread. Your claiming the Underworld is a "Dimension" when the series very clearly labels terminologies such as "Dimensions" as parallels universes. This contradicts This shows that you have a very questionable view of the verse, and should raise questions of your legitimacy to this thread and specifically this verse.

2ndly, they are not the same thing, and the franchise has had 0 development on the UW's cosmology since LC. Thus, it is very unlikely that your view has changed.

Again, you would need to prove that the Underworld is the "Dimension" being referenced for your scan to prove that it doesn't mean "Dimensionality."
No, it also uses dimension for realms in general. A place like Yomotsu Hirasaka is described as another dimension (Shun says his chain can cross dimensions when going between it and the living world). The Another Dimension technique. The Super Dimension. The dark dimension Thanatos would've sent Seiya to (and that Tenma fell into).

Literally, even the parallel universe comparison in itself proves that it uses dimension in a very standard way. Parallel universes aren't higher planes.

I say it's the Underworld because it's the only other in story context given, obviously it's not directly said there. There's no context indicating souls change in dimensionality.

Again, this point isn't even remotely relevant here and basically off topic, because it's something about all souls irregardless of the 8th sense, and this is specifically about the 8th sense.
Unfortunately for you, Saint Seiya Lost Canvas Gaidens in the asmita gaidens debunks your claim, and proves im right.

At the end of Asmita vs Atavaka (probably spelled wrong) the souls were unsealed and allowed to move on to Samsara.

2ndly, Samsara is the cycle of Reincanration, however, they cannot reincarnate if hades is throwing them into his underworld.

because the Underworld is a higher plane of existence, when their souls are snatched by hades their dimensionality is elevated.

your 4th problem is that your limiting everything to Lost canvas when the new canon blog was accepted. (though it wasn't made into a official page though, but was accepted)
Those souls weren't trapped by consequence of being in the Underworld or something. They had been devoured by Atavaka and released by Asmita.
ssz-the-lost-canvas-gaiden-asmita-03-05.jpg

ssz-the-lost-canvas-gaiden-asmita-03-06.jpg

What you're saying about Samsara and the Underworld makes absolutely no sense because in both Saint Seiya and Buddhism where it's inspired from, Hell literally is part of the Samsara Cycle (it's one of the 6 paths/worlds of transmigration, this is directly seen through the Rikudo Rinne).

Even in the Asmita Gaiden, Ahimsa indicates how he may end up in Hell again once he returns to Samsara, proving it's a part of it.
ssz-the-lost-canvas-gaiden-asmita-04-20.jpg

And you're just contradicting yourself there. First you say the Underworld wasn't even being referred to in that statement, now apparently it was but it just means the Underworld is a higher dimension (which is absolutely isn't).

1. Illias' statement is not exclusively referring to going to the Underworld, but just the prospect of dying in general. And as I explained already, he was even talking about himself included, and he literally wasn't in the Underworld. To requote what I explained earlier.
Sisyphos: Hmm... es realmente mi hermano mayor... pero Rasgado y Regulus... dijeron que estaba muerto...
Sisyphos: Hmm... it's really my older brother... but Hasgard and Regulus
Ilias: ... Ciertamente
¿Pero desde qué perspectiva estás hablando?
Illias: Certainly. But from what perspective are you speaking?
These are the lines that directly precede Illias making that statement. Illias brings it up as a new perspective for Sispyhos to consider in regards to whether he"s really "dead" from a ideological standpoint. Illias isn't in the Underworld nor is he talking about the 8th sense.

The fact that he isn't even talking about the 8th sense specifically in itself makes using this as evidence for 8th sense users specifically HDE nill, btw

2. It does not take HDE to exist in the UW nor do objects that go to the UW become HD objects. We've already seen in canon of regular 3-D objects such as human bodies, Bronze and Gold Cloths, boulders and landmasses and other buildings and all that, etc. going to and from and existing in the Underworld, and these objects are not higher dimensional in any way. Going to the UW has never equated to automatic HDE.
Your ignoring canoncities again, and valid cross scaling. Now you are arguing a separation of canon with cosmologies.

2ndly, Good job screenshotting and using that screenshot hyper zoomed to block out context. The guy literally sent me a link to the japanese wiki for "multiverse" where the Kanji does appear on that page.
How? I never said G Requem isn't canon, that wasn't the point, it's the fact that in that scene they were referring to something completely different not related to the perceptive abilities of the 8th sense. Anyone who bothers to look at both scans can see that.

I didn't block out any context, that's literally what they directly told you and I just cited it, and it's exactly what I said too. The kanji appearing on that page doesn't change that either, because it's just a citation of how multiple dimensions can, with context, refer to a multiverse, because all multiverses are made of multiple dimensions, however not all multitudes of dimensions are classed as the setting's "multiverse."

And he doesn't send it under the notion that multiple dimensions literally translates to multiverse, but just as a general citation of multiverse theory.

Literally right AFTER sending it, he even still reiterates to you that it means multiple dimensions.
Screen_Shot_2023-07-02_at_12.01.04_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-02_at_12.01.02_AM.png

Check the timestamps of the messages.
Your still holding to this steadfast confirmation bias and purposeful discontextualization and fabiraction of scenes and context.

on top of that, your also again ignoring in franchise context on the validity of higher dimensions and how they do qualify for actual higher dimension in a tieriable vswiki way.

to give 1 such example, in LC its directly stated that time is infinitely long and branched. Its a bit more detailed than that obviously, but it shows that the Dimensions do qualify for vswiki tierable way
None of this or the other information really meets the criteria in the standards for higher dimensional abilities.
Its called "supporting evidence" and the cosmic awareness is because of the reality ficition difference.

So, your saying the cycle of Reincarnation is at least a 2-A concept in verse?

Additionally, Athena may have chose to become human but she never gave up her divinity, and divine power, and we saw "True Athena's Soul" in that scene
I don't think so, because I'm pretty sure an R>F perspective, their awareness would be like nigh omniscience across past and future. That absolutely isn't the case for the examples you said, especially not for a character like Athena. And again, you haven't even proven the cosmic awareness was due to the power of the 8th sense either to even argue it as supporting evidence.

Maybe, the scene and dialogue is extremely vague, but it's possible. Although it'd only apply to her.

That's not really relevant.
what else would you call a mental plane?

Additionally, Illias isn't a figment of their imagination gone wild. your left out context. He was always existing
I don't know. You know, the mind, consciousness, self awareness and all that isn't even something we currently fully understand in the real world and it's such hotly debated matter, let alone understanding how it works when fiction authors let their imaginations run wild.

Bruh, what, I never said anything like that whatsoever....?

Your contradicting yourself again, Asmita had to achieve a significant feat to even "get to this territory." he can't get there if he was already there. If he was already there but still had to get there. Your narrative doesn't make sense.
Huh? I didn't say he was already there at that time. I've said numerous times that I believe he reached there by raising his consciousness, as stated directly by him.
1st page:
Japanese:
Asmita:それ故貴方の意識の位まで己を高めれば ならなかった
Asmita: Therefore, I had to raise myself to your level of consciousness.
Spanish:
Asmita: Finalmente logre alcanzar su cosmos.. Esta espacio es un campo de batalla para tus pensamientos. Por eso tenia que ascender al nivel de su conciencia.
Asmita: I finally managed to reach his cosmos. This space is a battlefield for thoughts. As so, you have to ascend to the level of his consciousness.
My narrative is simply reiterating what the characters do and describe.

where is that stated?
3rd page:
Japanese:
Illias: それは私の思考の陣の内に己の思考の陣…
Illias: It's your array of thoughts within my array of my thoughts...
Spanish:
Illias: Este es tu espacio mental dentro de mi espacio mental.
Illias: This is your mental space within my mental space.
Thirdeye's (SaintSeiyaForos) translation:
Illias: Ese es tu territorio de pensamiento dentro de mi territorio de pensamiento
Illias: This is your thought territory within my thought territory.
4th page:
Japanese:
Sisyphos:そうだどのここはイリアス殿の強烈な思考が実現する世界. すなわち私がこの現象を信じねば実現しない世界
Sisyphos: Yes, this is the world where the intense thoughts of Lord Ilias are realized/come true. In other words, a world where I must believe in this phenomenon in order for it to come true.
Spanish:
Sisyphos: Este es el espacio del Senor Ilias. Los intensos pensamientos y deseos del senor allias se materializan. Tengo que agudizar mis sentidos y buscar mas profundo en mi interior. En otras palabras, un espaco inalcanzable al menos que se reproducuzca un fenomeno.
Sisyphos: This is Ilias' space. The intense thoughts and desires of Mr. Ilias materialize. I have to sharpen my senses and search deeper within myself. In other words, a space that is unreachable unless a phenomenon is reproduced.

Thirdeye's translation:
Sisyphos: Ciertamente, en este mundo los intensos pensamientos y deseos de Ilias se materializan. En otras palabras, un mundo que no puede alcanzarse a menos que crea en este fenómeno. Tengo que aferrarme a mis sentidos y buscar incluso más profundo dentro de mí... incluso más...
Sisyphos: Indeed, in this world Ilias' intense thoughts and desires materialize. In other words, a world that cannot be reached unless you believe in this phenomenon.
you appear to have missed on the thread you linked in your op where the Canon blog was accepted. So your addmitting you have only malicious intent for the franchise and want to see it downgraded into obilivion, and you created this thread for the sake of downgrading?

seeing as you immediately turn to canoncities being a problem, and how there is a metric solar mass tons of evidence for valid cross scaling within the franchise, and everything is infact written by kurumada.

This appears to be your go to argument when nothing appears to go your way.
No, I never denied anything about canonicity whatsoever. You're making shit up and posting appalling strawmans. I questioned the credibility of calling some crossover not by the author that crosses literal different series from Saint Seiya into it canon, but I didn't deny it and even explained how the evidence from there is insufficient regardless. Also a quite baseless attempt at poisoning the well, I made a downgrade because I found the upgrade to be an inaccuracy, simple as.

However, regardless of their supposed canonicity, that doesn't change that since you evidently didn't have any evidence from TLC itself, you cited information from different authors of different spin offs writing different plots, who don't coordinate or cross reference each other.

And regardless, I've addressed all those instances in themselves, and never dismissed them because canonicity. Lastly, you're kidding yourself if you think this isn't a show of how flimsy your stance is here.
now your turning to the argument of, "I want direct and specific quotations of the 8th sense being involved, and i won't accept anything less from that." When you try to say your a self proclaimed "Saint Seiya Knowlegable"

You even admitted here that you haven't read "hero of Heroes" when you say "im 99% sure"

You also appear to immediately jump to "lack context" when your losing an argument.
It's not a matter of what I want, it's literally how this works. You can't just throw out random information and correlate it to the 8th sense with no reasoning behind it when there isn't any, you're just speculating and throwing around red herrings and non sequiturs. And I literally gave reasons for most of them as to why we know they aren't related to the 8th sense.

I never said that I did (it's not even a Saint Seiya work, but a crossover that just includes the main character by some commissioned rando author) ,but from cursory readings of discussion about it, and the information you cited about reading a book has nothing to do with the mechanics of the 8th sense described in actual Saint Seiya works.

That's an oxymoron. The fact that your argument has no evidence or context pertaining to the 9th sense is exactly why I can't be the losing side in that instance.

in summary

were doing the same dance we always do. This is nothing but a big circle that is an endless loop.

The opponent immediately jumps to separation of canon w/ cosmology arguments, and i explain in great detail why that's wrong. in fact i have a blog on why its wrong, and that was accepted on the same CRT the OP is talking about.

on top of that, he keeps saying everything lacks context when he himself is purposely leaving context out. even with the reddit threads i linked he screenshotted context out of it, and showed only something that would elevate his argument.

i question his intent for the verse on the wiki.

unfortunately i have to go deal with some irl stuff so i had to stop this response short.

Edit: my fault, i thought the OP linked the thread where 5D stuff was accepted.

The same thread that had 5D stuff accepted also accepted the new canon blog i created

Edit 2: his entire argument hinges on Illias being a figment of their imagination crested by this "mental space" which is unsupported by context
In the franchise

It also hinges on specific terminologies used with the franchise which he is ignoring for the sake of downgrading

It also hinges on separation of canons w/ cosmologies which is easily debunked with my blog

Not many outside the franchise will even understand what's being debated here without reading the series and deep research
Never have I once said anything about separation of canonicity whatsoever nor was it my counterargument. You're literally just lying with that. This is what I said.

Nowhere did I mention anything about outright disagreeing with canonicity, on the contrary I even accepted it "but whatever", neither is canonicity relevant to my main points in the slightest, or even an argument I made at all.

And no, everything being their minds isn't my only argument. I just brought that up because it adds context that goes against the notion of immediately jumping the gun and calling it a higher spatial dimension R>F reality just because of a higher dimension. I have continually emphasized the higher dimension statement standards and how in any case, there's a glaring lack of evidence here.
To quote the OP:
Now, one of the most common scenarios where this question might arise is when dealing with cosmologies involving "higher planes of existence" or similar structures. In such cases, it's very important to note what exactly being a "higher plane" entails in the context of the setting: For instance, it's very common for Heaven and Hell to be defined as higher and lower planes of existence respectively in relation to the normal universe, in which case, "higher" and "lower" tends to simply indicate their position in a cosmology, as opposed to any kind of existential status, which is obviously not enough for anything remotely Tier 1.

They can qualify, however, if said "higher plane" is defined as having a relationship of qualitative superiority over lower realms in one way or another, such as by perceiving them as literal fiction/unreality (or being comparatively more "real" in nature), encompassing them in an infinitesimal portion of itself, residing in a higher state of being altogether, and etc.
As the standards say, it's important to note what exactly is meant here by a "higher dimension" in the context of the setting itself, and should have evidence of being qualitatively superior to the universe, like encompassing it within itself, seeing it as fiction, being a higher state of being. None of this is the case whatsoever here.
This holds true on its own completely independent of the mental stuff.
And I've also made note of other contradictions:
Though I do still stand by the mental plane specifically not being a 5-D realm (literally, the space and time transcendence of the mind even comes as a higher level from the level of mind to perceive that realm).
The writer doesn't say that the 8th sense actually is dimensional ascension, she simply says that she was thinking about whether it had some similarities, and afterwards literally says that she didn't come up with an answer to that and wrote the story accorddingly. This isn't really any sort of evidence for HDE whatsoever, as it's not equating them in the first place, was merely fleeting speculation from the author who in the end admits she didn't come up with an answer to it.

If anything, this reads as though it works against any concrete portrayal of HDE for the 8th sense.
So no, it absolutely never was my only argument. It's just one of them in tandem with the burden of proof on the HDE side to actually show how it fits the standards to have that, whereas that particular argument I made was just providing context showing how along with that, the information we do have isn't anything that coincides with the standards for higher spatial dimensions and R>F.

Alright so, apologies for the late reply, I've been busy with exams, among other personal issues, hence why I took a few days to post this. But now I got some time, so let's talk about the 8th Sense and higher dimensions.
First off I want to clarify that this chapter isn't the first time higher dimensions have been mentioned in Lost Canvas. All the way back during the Dream God fight with El Cid, we get this statement from Oneiros:

Here the Dream God states that the gods exist in a "dimension beyond human imagination". The Kanji used in the scan is 次元 which according to Jisho means actual higher dimension in a mathematical sense. So this isn't the first time Shiori has dabbled in dimensional shenanigans. Furthermore, in the chapter proper, 3D space is name dropped:

So I feel it's quite apparent that Shiori did Intend it to be actual spatial dimensions for gods, and at the very least, something analogous to that for the plane described in the chapter (what with Asmita only really matching Illias at the end when his Cosmo flared "beyond imagination" and his thoughts "transcended time and space). So wether or no the plane is actually fifth dimensional, or something similar to it in complexity/size doesn't seem to be all that relevant, at least that's what I got from Executor's explanation.

Alright so, apologies for the late reply, I've been busy with exams, among other personal issues, hence why I took a few days to post this. But now I got some time, so let's talk about the 8th Sense and higher dimensions.
First off I want to clarify that this chapter isn't the first time higher dimensions have been mentioned in Lost Canvas. All the way back during the Dream God fight with El Cid, we get this statement from Oneiros:

Here the Dream God states that the gods exist in a "dimension beyond human imagination". The Kanji used in the scan is 次元 which according to Jisho means actual higher dimension in a mathematical sense. So this isn't the first time Shiori has dabbled in dimensional shenanigans. Furthermore, in the chapter proper, 3D space is name dropped:

So I feel it's quite apparent that Shiori did Intend it to be actual spatial dimensions for gods, and at the very least, something analogous to that for the plane described in the chapter (what with Asmita only really matching Illias at the end when his Cosmo flared "beyond imagination" and his thoughts "transcended time and space). So wether or no the plane is actually fifth dimensional, or something similar to it in complexity/size doesn't seem to be all that relevant, at least that's what I got from Executor's explanation.

It might not be so apparent so I wanna touch on it briefly on what Ziggy mentioned she uses “三次元” which literally means=three dimensions; 3D; 3-D or she could’ve wrote in “3次元” which means the exact same thing

Shiori, does seemingly know about these concepts I mean it’s literally in the writing. @Executor_N0 Can clear any misconceptions we have on the text

It might not be so apparent so I wanna touch on it briefly on what Ziggy mentioned she uses “三次元” which literally means=three dimensions; 3D; 3-D or she could’ve wrote in “3次元” which means the exact same thing

Shiori, does seemingly know about these concepts I mean it’s literally in the writing. @Executor_N0 Can clear any misconceptions we have on the text
Yes, "次元" (Jigen) is the conventional word used in Japanese for dimension.

However, just for general context, it has the same amount of nuance as it does in English. You have times when it's used to describe parallel universes or pocket dimensions, other times that it's just used to refer to something that is "stronger than you", but not literal dimensional transcendence, and so on. But in the general context of the scenes shown here, these moments seem to clearly refer to spatial dimensions/levels of existence.

Here the Dream God states that the gods exist in a "dimension beyond human imagination". The Kanji used in the scan is 次元 which according to Jisho means actual higher dimension in a mathematical sense. So this isn't the first time Shiori has dabbled in dimensional shenanigans. Furthermore, in the chapter proper, 3D space is name dropped

It never says they literally exist or live in a higher dimension, just that they're always in a dimension above the humans, and doesn't even mention anything about a "higher" dimension. Also the 3D space line has nothing to do with the 8th sense or it's abilities.
First scan: いいや人間よ我々神は常にお前たち人間の想像も及ばぬ次元にいるのだ
First scan: No, humans, we gods are always in a dimension
Second scan: 言ったはずだ次元が違うとな!
Second scan: I told you, the (no pronoun there, but contextually it's our) dimensions are different
In this case, this is evidently what it means, just being the typical arrogance shown by the god characters in Saint Seiya.
other times that it's just used to refer to something that is "stronger than you", but not literal dimensional transcendence, and so on.
We even see in a prior fight between El Cid and one of the other Dream Gods (the god who said that's brother, Ikelos) just 2 chapters prior (the scene @AlexZiggy posted is from chapter 79, this is from chapter 77), they say the exact same thing to him about human limits and gods being in a different dimension, and it shows further how this clearly simply in reference to being stronger and on a higher level in combat.
3DeTkF0Zms6WQnf8tfgxvhwX9G8I0L5gWwgX2uPMmNP2QByTt7MayO8oVHIUXMIOFb1DjDh6ursDOdmoRGM3TDjw46jSKdrXhYTRyrbXB8XAE7R6M8hCAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Anyway, for some further context on that scene:

What's happening: Oneiros confronts El Cid and Tenma after his brothers (Ikelos, Phantasos, Morpheus) have been defeated, and proceeds to fuse with their souls to fight them.
76167b6621784a735771b9a688c5e984.jpg

Where they are: The Dream World/Realm. The Dream Gods (Thanatos' goons) kidnapped Tenma and tried to trap him here at the same time El Cid had also come to that place looking for Sispyhos, whose' soul was there. They are all there at that time.

What the place is: The Dream Realm is its own dimension, different from either the Underworld or living world. It's another sort of prison for certain souls (such as the souls of kings and heroes) removed from reincarnation where they're trapped in an eternal sleep. Note: This is the dimension the 4 Dream Gods (including Oneiros who made this so called higher dimension statement) inhabit. Oh and I should add of course, this place is not some literal higher spatial dimension or anything like that.
bde13ce44b066f3c97ff484c2dd83293.jpg

1cff7a16956d61c6ffeb3389f65d2638.jpg

Oneiros claim is that the gods are always in a dimension beyond humans. That obviously is not remotely true in neither the context of the whole story (where the gods and humans for the most part, share settings, and even the god only domains like Olympus are on Earth and humans can exist in them given access) or the scene itself, where he's literally in the same dimension with the humans he's saying this to.

It's just the typical battle shonen villain boasting in reference to thinking they're on a higher level, as I already proved beyond a doubt from the other time moments prior to that scene this kind of statement was made.

Oh yeah, and needless to say, this scene is completely unrelated to any ability of the 8th sense and has nothing to do with it whatsoever whatsoever. Kindly, read the title and see that this thread is specifically about 8th sense abilities, not about the gods.
There isn't a modicum for context to indicate Oneiros was referring to spatial dimensions in that scene, and this is even contradicted by what's actually going on. That's a ridiculously vague and speculative argument in itself and is basically a generalization fallacy, implying anything beyond human imagination are all higher dimensional and analogous, especially when something. Also, the never even said that Asmita's thoughts went "beyond imagination" like what Oneiros said about the gods.

And no, the dimension the Dream gods live in, the Dream Realm, absolutely is not analogous to anything described in the special chapters, where Asmita and Sisyphos raise their consciousness to perceive the thought territory created by Illias and create their own, and later Asmita goes further beyond thought and finally awakens the 8th sense. This is completely unrelated information, the Dream stuff and what Oneiros says isn't even related to the 8th sense in any way.

And again, the scene where Asmita's raises his consciousness to the point his thoughts transcend time (because he gains an understanding of everything in the world) literally comes after as a higher level to the mental plane from that chapter. It has nothing to do with that plane.
To really show what I mean in case this wasn't clear enough earlier, here are the respective scenes in order:
Page 24 of LC special chapter 8

Japanese:
Asmita:それ故貴方の意識の位まで己を高めれば ならなかった
Asmita: Therefore, I had to raise myself to your level of consciousness.
Spanish:
Asmita: Finalmente logre alcanzar su cosmos.. Esta espacio es un campo de batalla para tus pensamientos. Por eso tenia que ascender al nivel de su conciencia.
Asmita: I finally managed to reach his cosmos. This space is a battlefield for thoughts. As so, you have to ascend to the level of his consciousness.

Page 26 of LC special chapter 8

Japanese:
Illias: 二人共よくぞこの次元へ至るまでたか小宇宙を高めたな
Illias: You two have done a great job raising your cosmo to come to this dimension.
Spanish:
Illias: Lo hicieron muy bien elevaron sus cosmos hasta alcanzar esta dimension.
Illias: They did well, they raised their cosmos to reach this dimension

Page 19-20 of LC special chapter 9

Japanese:
Sisyphos: アスミタの 小宇宙が 満ちる・・・この思考の陣を 塗り変える
Asmita: なんだ・・・まるで なにかの俺から放たれたようにまるで最初から 知っていたように世界の仕組みが 自分が何者であるかが分かる私の思いは時間も空間も超えるああ私は常に迷う事なく
Sisyphos: まさかここはアスミタの思考
Illias: 目覚めたな...アスミタ
Sisyphos : Asmita's cosmo is rising...rewriting this thought territory
Asmita: It’s…..almost as if something separated from me. Almost as if I knew the workings of the world from the beginning. I, who understand what I am, my thoughts transcend space as well as time. Indeed, I will never be lost…
Sisyphos: It can't be, these are Asmita's thoughts...
Illias: You have awoken... Asmita
Here's a link to both chapters in Japanese where you can verify this information, and see the order of the scenes along with the provided translations to understand this.

So to reiterate:
The mental plane specifically not being any sort of higher dimensional realm in any case here EVEN IF the 8th sense's abilities were higher dimensional because literally, the space and time transcendence of Asmita's thoughts comes as a higher level from the level of consciousness to perceive that realm.

You claimed that Shiori intended the gods (unrelated to the 8th sense of this topic) to have a higher spatial dimension because of some random offhand one liner with no context posted. I posted how no context suggests that was the case and only goes against such an interpretation, and showed how on contrary, not even 2 chapters before, the exact same statement in regards to being in a different dimension from human limits was just in reference to combat strength, as is often the usage of dimension. There's nothing to really miss.

Well the Japanese expert already confirmed but 次元 (just like all of Japanese, context is what matters the most) doesn't necessarily refer to higher dimensions.

One example is in Dragon Ball, which uses the word to refer to alternate timelines.

I can't comment on the rest since I'm not knowledgeable on the verse.

Damn I completely forgot about this because of the lack of new activity in it, should get it wrapped up, literally been open almost 2 and a half months. As it stands mod vote seems in favor of it being accepted, and all the counters have been addressed.

Last call for any new counterarguments before I request it concluded and locked I guess? IIRC the ability being removed never made it to the profiles in the first place, so this is pretty much all that's needed.

Uh, all green names 2-1

According to site rules that I recently found out about, there doesn't appear to be enough votes to pass.

In cases where the series verse has a significant following or a large amount of material has been published based on its content, it may be necessary to seek approval from a minimum of three staff members to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed revisions.
The review and approval of content revisions that affect tiers 1 and 0 or that are highly controversial should be conducted by a larger number of staff members in order to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed changes. It is essential that these revisions are evaluated by staff members who possess a reasonable level of genuine understanding and expertise in these areas in order to maintain the accuracy and quality of the revised material.
Input from highly respected members of the community, such as experts on the topic, should be taken into consideration when determining the necessary level of review and approval

@TheUnshakableOne The Tier 1 thing probably doesn't apply to just HDE as a hax, because as a mod already explained last page for a niche series like this one, the 2's already enough. It got expository because of the back and forth arguing, but in essence, it's really only a barely 1.5 short one-shot side story chapters worth of material under the lens.

Regardless, I'll ask about the vote number thing one more time on All Purpose Requests.

Uh, all green names 2-1
a 2 to 1 vote count on a tier 1 downgrade for a verse as large as this doesn't seem like enough to pass, but wiki rules tend to change on a whim depending on the staff involved.

Needless to say, an upgrade thread will likely follow this up should this thread be successful, and I'd hope a 2-1 in favour of the upgrade should be enough to pass the CRT should it happen.

Last edited:
Back