• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

According to Episode G, Sho, Omega. Its driven by Human possibilities. Humans create infinite possibilities. Sho and Omega reference them as futures.

If the Gods created Mankind then there was a time when the multiverse never existed becausse humans didn't exist thus there is only 1 god

keeping long story short.
Well, In lc, tenmas dad, who is basically one of the best sources of info about time in ss if you think about it, says that the future is like a badly written script, where all u need to do is think of a story, and it’s created. A junction leads to two separate endings. Interpret that as u will

What are ur opinions on giving the bronze five, and tenma keys for Gold bronze cloths.
I don't think this is important to add to their profiles, because the golden glow only indicates that they reached the 7th Sense at that time, and the page already has a key for their version with 7th Sense.
Well, In lc, tenmas dad, who is basically one of the best sources of info about time in ss if you think about it, says that the future is like a badly written script, where all u need to do is think of a story, and it’s created. A junction leads to two separate endings. Interpret that as u will
No, he is one of the worst sources of information in this manga, because he was always wrong. As far as I remember he only talks about changes in time and how you can alter the timeline at some specific points in time, because according to his description you can't alter time at any point in time, and as he describes if he kills Shion at that point Seiya's future doesn't happen. This is explained even better in the TLC Gaidens. When he returns in Gaiden, he mentions that this was the last point in time where he could change events and avoid the future set up with Shion, something that was wrong from the beginning, as he could never change time because Tenma did not really survive the battle with Hades as he believed.

The Oracles have a different description of time, where any change could alter the timeline, as Alkes explains to Sisyphus, and the Oracles could also see the future.

Last edited:
Another feat of the Saints destroying or affecting a soul.

Shun asks Ikki to kill or attack him to smash (damage) Hades' soul in his body.
Shun: 兄さん...今だよ! ハーデスを倒すチャンスは今しかない!!
Shun: さあ 僕に構わず... 僕の体ごとハーデスの魂を打ちくだいて!!
bpYk7CB.jpg

I had never read this part in Japanese, and it is a good example to indicate that Saints can damage or destroy souls with their attacks.

It is a pity that this part has been mistranslated in an official translation.
1QpjRJL.jpg

Although in this part, Hades does say that Shun's soul had completely disappeared.
Hades: もはや瞬の魂は完全に消滅したのだ!!
Rg3Cnkj.jpg

This was the part I wanted to review, because many translations confuse the word spirit/mind with soul, but it clearly says soul.

So this translation is right.
sMX0Nia.jpg

Last edited:
Spoiler of the chapter #10 of Dark Wing - Gold Saints (黄金聖闘士)

As the title indicates, it is the appearance of the 12 Gold Saints (another universe where the thirteenth Gold Saint does not exist, or is it Julius Griffin?) of this universe.
vzyeBuu.jpg

Taurus: Ain (アイン) because of Epsilon Tauri.
Cancer: Crematorio (クリマトーリオ) is Crematorium in Italian (and Spanish).
Leo: Vassilios (ヴァシリオス) is a Greek name.
Virgo: Renge (レンゲ) is lotus flower in Japanese.
Scorpio: Eulalia (エウラリア) is a Greek name.
Aquarius: Tristan (トリスタン) is a British hero.
Pisces: Alfried (アルフリード) is the same name as a character in Buddy Complex.

We are still trying to understand how to write or translate the name of Libra (紅月姫).

Problem solved, Libra's name is Kōgetsuki.

Cattleya could be the Athena with the worst luck, because her brother and friend (possible romantic interest) return as the Spectre of Garuda and Wyvern.

Last edited:
Not only Scorpio, Libra is also a woman in Dark Wing.
YNNk7zv.jpeg

------------------------------------
rCh3MGr.jpeg

YSMRlhv.jpeg

0LkQpkd.jpeg
Some fanatics also theorize that Virgo may be a woman.

In this chapter also appeared the Pope of the Sanctuary, who for the first time is a young man, this guy must be a monster in power, because he is a Pope that was not chosen at the last minute (probably he is trained for the position and has all the knowledge and power of the Pope) and he is in his prime.
Zfjdezo.jpeg

Episode.G Requiem 20

Brontes is Mitsumasa Kido.

I have to say it again the writing of this is on the level of a fanfic.

There are times when I'm glad Kurumada doesn't take these stories into account when writing his manga.
I mean, sasha brother came back as Hades
Sasha still has her best friend (Tenma).

Shinshu Ueda (illustrator of Dark Wing) commented that Shiori helped her in the design (drawing) of the double page of the twelve Gold Saints.

This page:
vzyeBuu.jpeg
God kido like a cyclops for the sake of my mind I will say that it is a story made by a fan
This reminds me of those French fanfics I read as a kid, where they put Kido as the reincarnation of Zeus.

There are some times where it is good that Kurumada ignores everything written in these works.
As long as the whole story isn’t too bad, i think most people will live
The whole story is equally bad, the only redeemable thing was Shura's character but he disappeared in this chapter. The people will survive, but not Saint Seiya fans with these low quality works, and the worst thing is that Kurumada's new project is not related to Saint Seiya and Shiori doesn't seem to have plans to return to the franchise for a new work (although she is helping in Dark Wing), so there will be no new quality works in the franchise in a long time and the most decent will be Dark Wing.
Kuru is a fan of Okada and Omega
Kurumada is only a fan of his own work and everything related to Eris, for him the other works in the franchise are just money.

Although he probably has a special affection for Omega (because everyone loves Omega) and Saint Seiya Tecent/Awakening (because it makes him a lot of money), he even put his team (slaves) to participate in the design of the Gold God Cloth and created the GGC canon of the franchise for this videogame.

Last edited:
Did anybody enjoy Omega? It was actually my first introduction to Saint Seiya, I watched it when I was younger. It's not very good, but damn Seiya's a ******* badass in that show

He really is. Looking back, it was also the Saint Seiya with the most unique Gold Saints. Unfortunately they were pretty forgettable.
**** Tokisada btw

Kurumada let G get 2 sequels, he must really not like it
His love for money is greater than his love for his work (there is even a yaoi manga of Saint Seiya officially published by Akita Shoten in one of his magazines), this is not new, that's why he even authorized Toei Animation to make horrible animated adaptations of his work. The only work that Kurumada does not allow such mistreatment is Ring ni Kakero, because this manga is his favorite.
Did anybody enjoy Omega? It was actually my first introduction to Saint Seiya, I watched it when I was younger. It's not very good, but damn Seiya's a ******* badass in that show
This series has the best version of Seiya, a good group of main characters, the best version of Athena (Aria has the development that Sasha never got in TLC and Saori only got in Saintia Sho), some decent gods within this franchise where gods are horrible characters, probably the best final chapters for a series of Saint Seiya, and an amazing soundtrack (especially in the first season, because the J-pop of the second season left a lot to be desired, although Stardust Chant was pretty good).

Omega is a decent series within this franchise, which could have been better if it hadn't had some problems with armor design and horrible animation in several episodes.
He really is. Looking back, it was also the Saint Seiya with the most unique Gold Saints. Unfortunately they were pretty forgettable.
**** Tokisada btw
No, several of them are quite decent and may even be one of the best generation of Gold Saints in this franchise. Tokisada is quite decent, he has a different design than other Aquarius Saint in the franchise and a nice change in his abilities, and he doesn't have a stupid redemption in the last minutes of his life, he died as a traitor until the end.

Last edited:
His love for money is greater than his love for his work (there is even a yaoi manga officially published by Akita Shoten in one of his magazines), this is not new, that's why he even authorized Toei Anomation to make horrible animated adaptations of his work. The only work that Kurumada does not allow such mistreatment is Ring ni Kakero, because this manga is his favorite.
lmao aight

It is interesting how the spin-off authors insist on showing Pegasus as a super special Saint, turning the Pegasus Saint into literally the child of prophecy, a Saint who is destined to be the strongest and a killer of gods.

Instead, Kurumada wishes to eliminate any special qualities of Pegasus (for Kurumada the power of Seiya and his friends is only by his will and not by a special destiny), he even changed Hades' dialogue in Next Dimension (now the god only describes that Pegasus was his friend in the ancient holy war) and will probably add that change in the Final Edition (as he did with other changes and additions of his last works), and Asclepius who knows the past and future of his universe describes him as a simple Bronze Saint. And I think this could be one of Kurumada's best changes in his work, the idea of Pegasus as a special and legendary Saint was always really stupid for the concept of the series.

For the authors of the spin-offs, Pegasus is a super special being who was always destined to be the strongest and without Pegasus the world would be destroyed. And Tenma is literally the perfect example of this, everything about him is predestined, he's the legendary Pegasus who hurt Hades before and can do it again, his birth was predetermined by a big bad, his ability to kill gods was predetermined and everyone in the setting knows it, he really doesn't seem to have fought for anything in the series and everything is basically handed to him.

For Kurumada, he's just another Saint, and Seiya and his friends only stand out for their strong will, and even Ikki is the strongest of the protagonists.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ve ever read a take as bad as this lmao

worse than the kids who think Naruto was predestined 🤡

I'm not saying it for Naruto, I'm saying it for the spin-off authors' vision of the Pegasus Saint and the importance they give to the Pegasus Saints in their universes, a quality that even Kurumada wants to eliminate from his work with the changes in his latest works, and even the latest spin-off now no longer has a Pegasus Saint because the author simply wants you to forget that detail.

Last edited:
I can’t speak for LC, but I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the themes and concepts introduced in G, to the point I seriously think you need to read the series without the mindset of hatred and actually READ it.

I don't understand anything, I'm just saying what is shown in that story, and how the author simply doesn't understand Kurumada's work or simply seeks to create a completely different vision of this universe, something that is not bad because it is a different universe, although now it looks like a badly written fanfic.

The description was mainly for what was shown in TLC and other works in the franchise about the Pegasus Saints compared to what Kurumada showed in his later works.

Last edited:
I don't understand anything
I wouldn’t go that far, but I don’t think you understand the subtext and themes of G at all.

I agree LC is a joke, and Kurumada has actively retconned any notion of Seiya being special due to Tenma. But G’s take is wildly different from that and is far more in line with Kurumada’s view on Seiya.

But I never mentioned Episode.G in that commentary (I think you are paranoid and not everything is about Episode.G when there are many other series and works in this franchise), I even used an example from TLC to explain the different view about the Pegasus Saint that exists in some works of the franchise and how Kurumada wants to change that idea in his later works.

The introduction of Kido as a god may change this in the future, but I want to wait and see how this develops. Although it doesn't change that the simple introduction of Kido as a god is a bad fanfic that is never mentioned and we will never see in Kurumada's work, but it's a completely different topic from what I explained about the Pegasus Saint.

Last edited:
Due to the inconsistencies between Classic and ND, should we separate the canons?
I don’t think so. Nd is the canonical continuation, it’s the same timeline u could say. Any inconsistencies are most likely derived from just errors the creators made, and not indicative of a different continuit.

I don’t think so. Nd is the canonical continuation, it’s the same timeline u could say. Any inconsistencies are most likely derived from just errors the creators made, and not indicative of a different continuit.
Some seem to think otherwise

Nothing is canon to anything because every work has minor inconsistencies with one another irrespective of author

Back