• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

There are tier 2 revisions coming soon, not to mention the issues I brought up with the canon and Cosmo blogs
tier 2 revisions aren't coming that soon are they? I know ultima has been planning them for a while but they still seem distant. and as for the canons, isn't it pretty much clearer now? GA and GR are probably not canon anymore so we dont really need to care about consistency between that and the canon stuff anymore

G is simply canon to both canons, much like the classic.
hold on, that's only possible if the "multiverse" was still a thing, you could have the OG saint seiya branch off from G Universe whereas the GA timeline also branches off separately, in fact i'm pretty sure thats how GA handles it. the problem is, with GA no longer being canon idk if this is valid anymore unless the basis to consider G canon is Kurumada's unknown amount of supervision which, as far as I've seen, the wiki is very reluctant on using as evidence of canonicity

hold on, that's only possible if the "multiverse" was still a thing, you could have the OG saint seiya branch off from G Universe whereas the GA timeline also branches off separately, in fact i'm pretty sure thats how GA handles it. the problem is, with GA no longer being canon idk if this is valid anymore unless the basis to consider G canon is Kurumada's unknown amount of supervision which, as far as I've seen, the wiki is very reluctant on using as evidence of canonicity
DW, which is in the same multiverse as the classic, established that there are infinite workds

DW, which is in the same multiverse as the classic, established that there are infinite workds
yeah I know but DW itself has no reason to be canon unless i'm missing something? it was written by Ueda who is a friend of Shiori and has helped on a few other projects but thats it. besides having infinite worlds doesnt really address that (I think even ND has enough evidence for infinite worlds)

yeah I know but DW itself has no reason to be canon unless i'm missing something? it was written by Ueda who is a friend of Shiori and has helped on a few other projects but thats it. besides having infinite worlds doesnt really address that (I think even ND has enough evidence for infinite worlds)
The aiolos who appears is specifically the same aiolos as classic. Moreover, Athena soul shows the GC bronze boys

As I see it, the Kuru Multiverse is pretty much, To,Rrop,Classic,nd,sho,g, DW, and Tlc. The last three are different worlds, but in the same cosmology.

Then there’s Okada, which is Classic,G, first few chapters of ND lol, GA, and GR.

Ok. Let’s assume you are correct. Even if you aren’t. So in next dimension, Chronos the primordial is the god of time. Yes?
The problem is that I'm correct, it doesn't make sense for there to be two gods of time in the same timeline, there are several other things that reject the EP G being canon to the classic.

The problem is that I'm correct, it doesn't make sense for there to be two gods of time in the same timeline, there are several other things that reject the EP G being canon to the classic.
Even in ND there’s two gods of time tho? Chronos in ND isn’t Zeus father. But we know Zeus has a father, who’s also the god of time. Unless you want to argue Zeus is the result of immaculate conception and the titans don’t exist. In which case, you do you.

They are seperate cosmologies
Exactly! Therefore there is no need for a fusion of cosmology, where I explicitly see that there are images of EP G in the classic, as conceptual manipulation that is accepted, only exists in EP G, where I saw mentions, there are also TLC things in the original profile, which don't follow the same plot, they are alternative universes that do not intersect, I've kind of seen comments from the creator of TLC mentioning that it was based on canon, but that is another reality.

isn't that just a case of Classic being canon to DW than the other way around? like if MUI Goku appears in DBH that means ToP was canon to DBH not that DBH is canon to DBS
I don’t really think so. The reason why some canons are one way is because they are just incoherent with one another one way. But DW seems pretty fitting with the classic. And makes an effort to make sure we know that this is still the StS we know, just in a different universe.

Like, Athena literally goes, Wyvern, you have to be pandoras protective wing boy. Just like how I had a wing boy in other universes, and then proceeds to show GC Seiya. Like, yes you could argue that it’s just another classic that happened to be in the same multiverse, and not THE classic, but that seems rather… idk

Like, Athena literally goes, Wyvern, you have to be pandoras protective wing boy. Just like how I had a wing boy in other universes, and then proceeds to show GC Seiya. Like, yes you could argue that it’s just another classic that happened to be in the same multiverse, and not THE classic, but that seems rather… idk
It’s a rather convoluted way to not arrive at what seems like an obvious and intended conclusion.

I don’t really think so. The reason why some canons are one way is because they are just incoherent with one another one way. But DW seems pretty fitting with the classic. And makes an effort to make sure we know that this is still the StS we know, just in a different universe.
i get that but that still doesnt tell me why it must considered canon to the main works as opposed to just being its own little spin-offs. Just because it doesnt present major contradictions doesnt mean we can just add it into the timeline. by that logic pretty much any saint seiya fanfic manga that doesnt majorly contradict Kurumada's work would be "canon" wouldnt it?

i get that but that still doesnt tell me why it must considered canon to the main works as opposed to just being its own little spin-offs. Just because it doesnt present major contradictions doesnt mean we can just add it into the timeline. by that logic pretty much any saint seiya fanfic manga that doesnt majorly contradict Kurumada's work would be "canon" wouldnt it?
You do realize that it’s an officially licensed work right? We aren’t talking about the chaos chapter or anythin

yeah it is pretty much referring to the classic, that much I get. what I'm asking is how a spin-off referencing a canon work makes the spin-off canon. that just seems weird

It says it’s in the same multiverse, ergo it’s in the same multiverse.
but that multiverse doesnt exist in canon (I mean, I think it does personally but forget that for now). it exists in DW, which you havent shown me how its canon to classic. is every officially licensed manga canon? because that is also clearly not true. even if it heavily recalls the events of classic, that just means that classic is canon to DW, not that DW is canon to classic. heck it would be weird if a spinoff didnt heavily reference classic. you'd need ND or another canon, Kurumada made work referencing these spinoffs for the latter option

Back