• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sailor Moon Discussion Thread

Alrighty.

Well, if we are starting there. We need to go over Jadeite again.

I know that in Crystal the dimension.. isn't really there I think. So it probably should'nt be used with this.

Is there any actual proof to say the dimension was beyond just Mountain sized? Or should we move on?

I for one say we should label Jadeitie's as an outlier. It causes too much back and forth and it's not like we need it to get Sailor Moon to that level.

Makes sense.

I guess we should move on to Nephrite? Or is there not enough to really talk about with him?

Does his shadow scale to him? And if so. Can he be considered Mountain level or any above? Based on how powerful the attacks were? Also, did he tank more than a single simultaneously? That might help figure his power.

I believe so.

However, I do know the current ratings have star levels from attacks from the crystal based on Luna's conversation.

It's light did attack Kunzite and was shorting out his shield. I guess that's where the scaling comes from. Personally, I don't believe that warrants immediate Star-level ratings.

Maybe just Star+ for him would be more accurate? Large Star level seems to be a bit of a stretch to me.

The Silver Crystal when obtained immediately allows Star level energy correct? Which I guess would atleast explain his power.

I think around Star+ might be more accurate. The Silver Crystal was missing a peice after that anyway.

No, no. I meant that not long after that the Silver Crystal lost a peice.

So Star+ would be more logical for that feat. Except if there was anything else directly after that.

Kunzite pretty logically scales to like Princess Serenity considering both he and the Senshi regarded himself as a threat to Post-Serenity Moon.

The Star level Silver Crystal has been talked about with DarkLK and said it was mistranslation of the word "Hoshi". Sure the Kodansha translation said it could blow apart a star but other translations such as Miss Dream and Mixx say Planet. Heck, even the new anime states it's Planet level and shows one exploding.

Scarletmoon56 said:
The Star level Silver Crystal has been talked about with DarkLK and said it was mistranslation of the word "Hoshi".

This is not what I said.

Scarletmoon56 said:
The Star level Silver Crystal has been talked about with DarkLK and said it was mistranslation of the word "Hoshi". Sure the Kodansha translation said it could blow apart a star but other translations such as Miss Dream and Mixx say Planet. Heck, even the new anime states it's Planet level and shows one exploding.
The Proper translation is star level..."depending on how it's used, the Silver Crystal can easily blow apart a star" and the picture in the manga is one of a supernova. It's power is also mistaken later for an exploding supernova

Personally, I do not know, it may be necessary to take into account the number of translations which translates the same sentence to have an opinion

Translation is really a problem for this manga

@Dark Sorry I recalled incorrectly. It was about "hoshi" meaning planet or star and how it could mean both in the same sentence? "This means nothing. Synonyms can be used even in the same sentence. It's just an explosion. Even ðírystal anime just showed an explosion of the planet (gas giant). "

Kodansha is the most accurate translation though. And the anime cannot be used for evidence since it is not a perfect adaption of the manga. That can easily be taken as an error on their part. We have to go with what the Manga displayed to us, which was that the SIlver Crystal is Star level.

Not to sound mean or condescening, but this is the same transalation that called Sailor Moon the gaurdian of "Beauty and Justice," called Queen Berly "Princess Berly", a lot of mispellings such as "brooch" instead of "broach" and "Demos" instead of "Deimos," other awkward senetence structure and dialoge and inconsistant attack names being altered throughout the volumes (Mar's "Evil Spirit Begone" changed ro "Evil Spirit be Exorcised" in volume 2.)

The "original translation" honestly shouldn't matter, if Miss Dream says planet it's planet level. Most other translations of SM also used planet level. This is like saying Saitama is star level because of that guidebook

Otherwise I'm not really gonna post my thoughts here since I firmly believe what I said in the last thread (unless people really want to know my explanation). Sailor Moon isn't universe level.

DodoNova2 said:
Soooooooo Star or Planets?
I would like your opinions
It's clearly star. The picture is a supernova and later the Silver Crystal's power being unlocked is mistaken for a supernova. This is also consistent with all the Black Hole Shenanigans in Second Arc.

Naoko Takeuchi is known for calling planets and other places stars. Like she calls the moon the a star, "hoshi" as well. Perhaps we should calc the light. If it is as bright as a super nova, a luminosity calc can give us more options.

No, it's directly related to a supernova, that cosmic event that releases 10^44 Joules. This is really clear. A lumonsity calc would MASSIVELY undersell it since those are very low energy values.

CantStoptheCrobat said:
Otherwise I'm not really gonna post my thoughts here since I firmly believe what I said in the last thread (unless people really want to know my explanation). Sailor Moon isn't universe level.
I am sorry but most of your arguments have been discrediting regarding universal SM, and many prove that says But you can post your arguments against do not worry

I think people are mixing up the Mixx Magazine translation, aka the one released alongside the DIC Dub in the 90s with the Kodansha Translation released recently. The former is the one people talk about being bad, alongside the Miss Dream Translation. I have never heard people complain about the Kodansha one being so terrible.

DodoNova2 said:
CantStoptheCrobat said:
I am sorry but most of your arguments have been discrediting regarding universal SM, and many prove that says But you can post your arguments against do not worry

Well let's go quickly over that. I know I might turn this thread into a shitfest, but fine.

- The Silver Crystal being "infinite" is a NLF and a hyperbole. If it was infinite it should have destroyed everything in one shot. It didn't.

- Sailor Cosmos's Lambda Power is stated to be the strongest power in the universe, but some people think (using made up translations) that it controls everything it the universe. As stated in the scan Lambda is some constant (or something) that holds the entire univese apart (or not? I don't have the scan atm) but that's not enough evidence.

- Nehellenia's world has way too little proof that it's a parallel universe. It's only based on "an old European legend". I don't care who Nehellenia was in the old legends, her SM incarnation shows insufficient evidence for being universal. Could be a planet or a solar system or something, but not necessarily an universe. Otherwise, by this logic, Kid Gohan from the anime is universe level because he destroyed the Makyo World.

Yes, Sailor Moon and the gang used many spacetime-warping attacks, but sadly that doesn't prove they are universal. At least we don't accept them on OBD.

and tbh, the Kodansha translation still doesn't really add anything. Everything in the stars arc still happened in the Milky Way and affected the entirety of it. But not the entire universe.

Back