• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 8 CRT - First Half

Falling.JPG

So looking at the thread, it does seem to be mostly concluded. Both the additions for The Hound and Penny are being added. As for Salem’s storm, I will wait for it to be calc before doing anything.

All that is left is determining if Salem should have Smoke Manipulation from conjuring images of her daughters, as well as Death Manipulation from controlling the Grimm river.
Bump. So for the Grimm river, it is Death Manipulation, but there seems to be conflict over the second. On the one hand, it could be Corruption since that’s what happened to Salem. On the other, that only happened because she’s immortal and anyone else would be erased so Existence Erasure seems more fitting.

Well since anything that goes in is instantly erased like the tree branch in ep 6, it makes sense to have it. The same would happen if people fell in as well. The only exception is if you’re immortal like Salem, then it just corrupts you.

I could have sworn Deconstruction would have been a part of Disintegration. Cause after looking at the example on the page, it look so similar to what happened to the tree branch.

Disintegration is matter manipulation and destruction, Existence Erasure erases the mind body and soul
Existence Erasure doesn't have to erase the mind and soul. At last according to our own page, just turning a body into nothing is enough.

Not saying this should be existence erasure, not fully sure what it'd be, but erasing the mind and soul is not a requirement.

It’s been agreed that Salem should get Smoke Manipulation from the image of her daughters she conjured in ep 4.

As for controlling the Grimm river, that is Death Manipulation, but it hasn’t been decided if it is also Deconstruction or Existence Erasure.

So can it be summarized what has been agreed on and what is still being discussed so i know what else im adding?

I know we still need to talk about the Centinels feat and the Arma Gigas scaling

Did we determine what Ruby's semblance is given its new mechanics description?

It’s been agreed that Salem should get Smoke Manipulation from the image of her daughters she conjured in ep 4, as well as Death Manipulation and Deconstruction for controlling the Grimm river. Everything else, such as The Hound and Penny, I recall you stating that you are already working on it.

As for the feats and scaling, I was hoping if that could discuss that in another thread as I’m hoping to conclude this one.

Last edited:
Back