• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 8 CRT - First Half

I think the only thing we need to do is calculate the size of the storm and then whatever happens in episode 7 and we should be good. Also would it be a good idea to try to calculate the limit of how much electricity Nora can take before she incaps herself?

One new thing I want to mention for Salem. From both episode 6 and this one it is clear that Salem has control over the Grimm river. What does she get from that? Life Manipulation? I mean, the pools are what create the Grimm and doesn’t the God of Darkness have it because of creating them too?

Last edited:
One new thing I want to mention for Salem. From both episode 6 and this one it is clear that Salem has control over the Grimm river. What does she get from that? Life Manipulation? I mean, the pools are what create the Grimm and doesn’t the God of Darkness have it because of creating them too?
The Pools of Annihilation and Destruction (the Grimm River) are described as "pure destruction" capable of erasing anything and everything. Unless powers rival and counter its own (Fountains of Creation). Keep that in mind. As well as the Grimm are embodiments of nothingness. So I wouldn't say "life" persay.

The Pools of Annihilation and Destruction (the Grimm River) are described as "pure destruction" capable of erasing anything and everything. Unless powers rival and counter its own (Fountains of Creation). Keep that in mind. As well as the Grimm are embodiments of nothingness. So I wouldn't say "life" persay.
So what power would she get from controlling them?

So what power would she get from controlling them?
Probably Death Manipulation and Existence Erasure. You might say Void/Nothingness manipulation for controlling Grimm. The have been described as both "void" and "nothing".
20190630_195912.jpg
20190630_195816.jpg

Gill had experimented once with transferring Aura into a Grimm that had been roaming near the Wastelands base. The Aura had been absorbed quickly and began pulling more from Gill, faster and faster, until she ended their connection.
The Grimm hadn't seemed altered by the Aura at all. Whatever they were, they didn't use it for power, and they didn't have souls. But it had consumed the Aura, and she wondered if the thing that drew Grimm so strongly to humans and Faunus wasn't just their emotions - after all, even animals have those - but perhaps also their very souls. Their Aura. -Before the Dawn page 309
The Grimm started draining the Aura once there once Gill made a connection with her semblance. But it was ampped or effected by it, the aura was just gone. I think people read the obvious implications.

Last edited:
It looks good, but you should only feature image links of characters with profile pages (Just in case you haven't done this.)

Okay. You just need to remove the image links for the missing profiles though.

Hmm. That is not optimal, as it is against our standard conventions, but I cannot force you to fix the verse page.

Salem: I think she should have some sort of Smoke Manipulation seen here. Its a little hard to make out, but its an image of her daughters as you can hear faint laughter in the background when watchin it.
Also, both episode 6 and 7 show her controlling the Grimm River, which is known for instantly erasing anything that enters it, as seen with the tree branch that fell in. Because of this, she should get Death Manipulation and Existence Erasure.
So while the additions for Penny and The Hound are being made, can anyone give their input if this is applicable?

Back