• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 6 Revisions/Additions

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
I feel like the Steven Universe Revisions have calmed down so I'll post this.

Volume 6 didn't do anything controversial as heck with the scaling, although we will be seeing new keys for the main cast during the chapter, and Weekly and I have already sort of discussed some of this.

We're back at 8-B

• RWBY and JNR should have a Volume 6 key that ranks them as 8-B. In the very start of the chapter they fight alongside Qrow, and at the rear end of Volume 5 we start to see them getting to a level where they can compete with Salem's henchmen. There is also a new 8-B supporting feat; Rusty calced the earthquake on his sandbox and the low end came out consistent with current ratings.
  • Adam Taurus should just be upgraded to 8-B. He clearly outclasses the Volume 1-3 cast and one-shots a semblanced-enhanced Yang, and Volume 6 he still holds evenly against them despite not really growing in power. Yang w/her semblance in Vol 6 also fodderizes him so nice.
  • Neo should also have a 8-B key for Volume 6, supported by Cinder claiming she has gotten stronger.
  • Most updates to Ozpin, Salem, and the God Bros are already implemented.
New Powers

• Adam: Adam's page needs a rewrite now that we have a fleshed out idea of his semblance. He absorbs energy via his sword, and can use it for energy projection or for him to amp his strength. He can also control these projections rather well, even making temporary clones of himself. More fuel on the fire for RWBY/JNR being 8-B in Volume 6, I guess.
  • Silver Eyes: Has been discussed on the general thread. It has been described as an energy associated with the Older God Bro, and functions in-verse like Holy Manip/Smite, Petrifying/Immobilizing/Disintegrating Grimm when activated. It has been theorized it also nullifies True Magic, another creation of the younger bro, although this isn't directly confirmed. Ruby by the end of Vol 6 can also control her Silver Eyes and use them offensively, although it shouldn't come up too much in threads barring fights against demons or whatever.
New Profiles:

• Grimm Kaiju/Atalesian Mech - The fight should be closely looked at and there are definitely feats that should be analysed, although neither scale to anything but each other and people absurdly more powerful than them like the Maidens/Salem.
  • Grimm Reaper/Maria Calavera: I have a draft of the profile on my Sandbox and have had it for a long time.

n i c e

There should also be feats that can be calced in the last episode between the mech and the Grimm Leviathan.

Most of the group only did chip damage to the mech, right? I remember Ren stabbing it as he climbed it and Ruby shot the window of it but generally speaking it looked like the mech was way above their capacity to handle using their own firepower.

What other abilities should the Leviathan have? Just Breath Attack and Fire Manipulation?

Also, Salem should have Grimm Manipulation added back to her; she can order them and modify their bodies. Though I think her having Power Absorption is a bit presumptuous.

> Power Absorption (Made Cinder's arm, which can drain the Maidens of their magical abilities)

Doesn't this seem a bit off? In order for her to use this ability, presumably she would need the Grimm arm itself. Nothing has been said that Salem herself can use this ability.

She can make Grimm that possess the ability going off of Cinder's arm, but yes, nothing implies she possesses the power herself.

WeeklyBattles said:
Youre forgetting the + on their 8-B keys
They shouldn't have a + from what I'm aware of.

If you're talking about the Mech feat that shouldn't scale to the main cast as the Mech was immensely superior to any of them.

They are capable of doing chip damage, but doing chip damage with blades to something not even 5 times above you is the norm. Tough, I guess you can point it out in vsbattles that they can hurt enemies at those levels.

I pointed out that Ruby can stagger it, which is about the the most they do it it before Ruby shoots into the core of one of the arms.

Which means they can at least backscale from the feat.

We also got the fact that with a swing of her arm, the mech was able to down Jaune with one hit (he wasn't hit at all before that), Nora only managed to stay conscious because Jaune use his Semblance on her at the last moment.

Moving/Staggering/Tripping an opponent by all means isn't enough to scale to their AP.

She also didn't break through the forcefields.

If Ruby was actually comparable to the Mech she could have just punched it and called it a day.

If the calc gets accepted, ye

I would prefer to have Kep look at it before we apply anything as Kep was the person who had issues with the results of the original calc.

Didn't kep first say he'll look it over, and then after a bit say that he has no problem with it?

Like, I am pretty damn sure he clarified that it seems fine after a bit, or did he change he's mind after?

I don't remember him saying he was fine with it, but if that was the case I just wasted my time, lol.

Yup.

Anyway, other than that...the calc is fine.

grabs popcor

(The other than that was for the hollow moon part, tough he conceded on that).

F3 it here if ya don't trust my word.

Back