• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 4 Upgrades

So Volume 4 Episode 1 came our for normal members today and there is a new type of Grimm. This Grimm was able to take many attacks from Ruby, Ren and Nora. And now Nora was the only one capable of actually doing damage to it. And she has a charged attack for her hammer that one shot it but it needed a good deal of charge time.

"There's also Ruby casually one-shotting a Nevermore in the Character Spot released earlier, which would peg both her and Nora at At least 8-A, I imagine, with Nora maybe having a 'likely higher when charging her hammer with electricity'.

Then there's adding the Geist and Beringel Grimm, both of whom are At least 8-A.

Finally, Cinder might get a durability upgrade, since she managed to survive getting blasted by Ruby's Silver Eyes, albeit she lost an eye and can't speak" (Courtesy of The Everlasting)

What do we rank this at?

Also, for tabbers, it should be labeled post-timeskip, as it's been a few months since the fall of Beacon.

There's also Ruby casually one-shotting a Nevermore in the Character Spot released earlier, which would peg both her and Nora at At least 8-A, I imagine, with Nora maybe having a "likely higher when charging her hammer with electricity".

Then there's adding the Geist and Beringel Grimm, both of whom are At least 8-A.

Finally, Cinder might get a durability upgrade, since she managed to survive getting blasted by Ruby's Silver Eyes, albeit she lost an eye and can't speak.

Okay so now this thread will mainly focus on the whole of RWBY Volume 4 character upgrades.

I'm 'Meh with the upgrade.

I mean, for "At least 8-A, likely higher" I would have edited the profiles since V4 reveal with the justification of "One year of training".

Only ones that are getting upgrades are ones with feats to back them up. Jaune and Ren aren't getting upgrades because they showed no need for it.

Drellix said:
Only ones that are getting upgrades are ones with feats to back them up. Jaune and Ren aren't getting upgrades because they showed no need for it.
^ This. While Ren and Jaune will probably get the scaling later, for now we're only upgrading the ones who have the feats (Ruby and Nora).

WeeklyBattles said:
If Cinder is geting bumped up to Low 7-C durability, would that scale to Ozpin and Pyrrha?
Hmm, that does lead to a bump of the whole series at that point...

Edit: It's debatable since Pyrrha didn't seem to really be hurting Cinder, but I'd have to go rewatch the fight to be sure.

Just went through the fight again and Cinder batted away most of Pyrrha's attacks with a smile. And she didn't even seem pressured in the slightest. I recommend not upgrading.

The Everlasting said:
^ This. While Ren and Jaune will probably get the scaling later, for now we're only upgrading the ones who have the feats (Ruby and Nora).
Yeah, an insignificant upgrade, if you ask me, I insist to wait.

Because again, a "At 8-A" rating, we could edited the profiles ages ago...

@Aiden

It doesn't matter if it's insignificant. We're not holding off upgrades for later feats that may not come.

Not really, but it does include different variety of Grimm as well as making Blake and Ruby's dust rounds standard equipment.

Back