• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

latest
latest
Why does Weiss look like an Azur Lane Character? Also Blake low key looks like she replaced her feet with a hybrid between Raiden and Blade Wolf's feet.

Looking like an Azur Lane character is a compliment tbh.

Anyway, this is a general discussion so lemme ask you guys, what are your thoughts on IQ?

For me I'll summarize it like this, Ice Queendom isn't great, it started out really well and I enjoyed most episodes in Act 1 and some in Act 2. However, I feel the massive dip in animation during the series until the very end was extremely jarring and really wrecked some of the action and enjoyment for me.

The plot was really great in concept, I just don't feel it was executed well and the pacing was really boring.

BUT! and this is a MASSIVE But...The characters are nearly perfect. SHAFT took everything about the characters that made them work and likeable in the original and made it BETTER! Weiss having her inner mental turmoil reflected by the Nightmare, and seeing her growth and development throughout the series the same way volume 1 did it but way more natural was great. (Ep12 with Weiss talking to Blake was superior to Weiss's arc in Volume 1).

Blake is AWESOME again, her interactions with the rest of the cast aside from Yang is great and I love her interactions with Ruby as we got them. Her coming up with the plan to defeat Weiss by infecting herself was also epic.

Ruby FINALLY had some damn growth in this series, her completely failing to stop the Nightmare in Ep8 and then being infected by the Nightmare after calling RWBY an embarrassment and questioning her leadership was so good. I just wish she remained in the Nightmare for longer.

Yang is not as focused on compared to the rest of the cast, hell she's the only one in Ep 1 that doesn't get a fight and doesn't get a great moment until Ep 11 where she one shots Nicholas, but she is so incredibly hot that I don't care.

I'm not kidding, Yang having a much more active role as Ruby's older sister while also being very fun loving and adorable is great, I liked that she was smiling while fighting the giant Nicholas.

Jaune wasn't great admittedly, and I definitely think Pyrrha should have gotten way more screen time then he did, especially since she is idolized in the dream and that could be explored, but whatever, nothings perfect.

That alone is what honestly makes me like IQ more then the main show, this is subjective but for me, characters are without a doubt the most important part of a series. They are what gets us invested, they are what carry the plot, and they need to be cared for by the audience or else the rest of the story suffers. For all the issues I have with IQ, I LOVE these characters again, arguably even more then I did in the original/early volumes.

Meanwhile later volumes of RWBY, ESPECIALLY 8, have buried and ruined the cast so completely that I just do not care anymore and wouldn't be bothered if they died. Hell if they died now I wouldn't care because their superior versions are in a separate timeline. No I do not address IQ as being canon to the main show, there are way too many contradictions.

IQs biggest strength happens to be the OGs biggest weakness, and that happens to be the most important thing in writing a show. This is why the OG falls so far amongst its numerous other faults and while IQ, while far from perfect, and arguably not that good, I still believe it's better.

Ted Talk over

Last edited:
Hello all! I wanted to get your opinions on a possible Team RWBY upgrade to tier 7. I believe that Team RWBY can be scaled to around town level using feats mainly in V8, going off their final fight with Cinder.

For starters, let's look at how Weiss held up against Cinder. It has been stated in outside material that Weiss is the "mage" of the group. Thus, her defenses are lower than that of Team RWBY. However, at the 12:12 mark of the fight, Cinder uses her fire powers to blow up Weiss and Jaune.

As seen in this V9 clip, around the 00:23 mark, Weiss is alive and well, even after falling into the void.

This calculation shows that Cinder's fire attacks have an AP around 6.1 Kilotons, around town level. Again, Weiss is noted to be the frailest of the team, yet can tank an attack from her and still live without her aura even on. Thus, it makes sense to scale the rest of Team RWBY to this durability feat, especially the team's tank, Yang.

Speaking of Yang, I believe we can also scale her somewhat to Neo's durability feat of being in the heart magic bomb in episode 9.

Here is the clip of the nuke going off.

Here's the calc of Monstra being created, which is around 10.1 megatons. The last time we see Neo in the episode where the nuke goes off, she's still in the whale. Indeed, in the aftermath, we see her skip along the wreckage without any damage on her on the 00:48 mark. Thus, she was right in the line of fire of when the magic nuke went off. While Neo is a very skilled fighter, she exhibits the around the same strength and speed as Team RWBY. Ruby herself was able to land a few hits on her in their final fight of V8, even though she was mostly outclassed. Thus, we could possibly even put Team RWBY at Small City Level in terms of durabitly. What do you all think?

Imo they shouldn't scale fully to the maidens but they should downscale from the fact that they can so.ewhat match a maiden while working as a team

Also from Winter cutting off maiden cinder's arm
Would Winter cutting Cinder’s arm really count? It’s Grimm so she can’t project her Aura over it. So doesn’t it simply have the durability of an average Grimm?

Would Winter cutting Cinder’s arm really count? It’s Grimm so she can’t project her Aura over it. So doesn’t it simply have the durability of an average Grimm?
No, that's wrong.

Let me quote Weekly here, "Yeah, that's why it's a solid feat, because her arm is the same durability as the rest of her body, it just doesn't have the protective barrier, making it a prime means of scaling if someone damages it." So as this says, Cinder's arm can be used as a feat, not an anti-feat here.

There isnt a set durability for an 'average grimm', and her grimm arm is just as durable as the rest of her seeing as she uses it for cqc sword fights and fist fights. It just doesnt have a forcefield around it.

I think low 7-B can work. They certainly as powerful as maidens, but can at least hold their own against them. Again, Weiss managed to fend off Cinder for like a minute without her aura. And then got blasted by an attack that could be the same as a town level feat, without her shield. There’s a strong case to be made. Furthermore, the Team explicitly trained and got stronger during the time skip, so it’s not too surprising that they get this jump in tiers.

I can see Low 7-B downscale as reasonable

it would also line up with Yang being able to scratch Salem somewhat
She blew up her chest lol. That’s even without using her semblance. Also, would this be an upgrade to just Team RWBY? Because as of right now, I don’t think other teams scale to them. Like, maybe team JNR, but not like Sun and co.

I think people would bring up "cinder was off guard when her Grimm arm got cut off by Winter, thus lowering her durability like a dragon ball character"

So maybe bring up points against that

I think people would bring up "cinder was off guard when her Grimm arm got cut off by Winter, thus lowering her durability like a dragon ball character"

So maybe bring up points against that
More like Cinder was distracted for a split second since she was in full attack mode during that scene. Her guard was probably always up. She just gets tunnel vision, which was a big part of her character development in V8. I think I'll let @WeeklyBattles handle that argument tho, since I feel like he can explain it better than I can.

Here is this list again

Nora yeeting yang into the stratosphere
the centinels blowing up the shield generators in volume 8
the blind worm feat from the novel
the hydra taijitu's KE
yang has a decently sized explosion feat in the manga (the anthology one that is cannon)
oobleck blasting paladins with Zwei
the mass of the carrier ship vine lifted
carmine's sandstorm feat from the novel
the AP of the comic manticore
Cinder and Raven shaking haven with their clashes
and the grimm wyvern's feat could probably use a recalc to factor in that it caused an earthquake that was felt from Mountain Glenn to Vale
These still need calculations alongside the sea dragon calc

Back