• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

is it wrong to say adam isn't wrong? i mean he was batshit insane but he did make a few points on how the humans treat the faunus so terribly
I mean yeah, but that's mostly the rich people and now they have no homes or money (because everyone hates rich people who only care about themselves)

But the new white fang with fix that mess if the rich ass hats losing everything wasn't enough... Also Weiss' dad is dead and he was the person using them as slaves in the frist place

he's dead right? (taurus)

didn't he die from decapitation?
Adam got stabbed in the lungs in self defense

Also atlas is gone and the rich people there now know how the people they were exploiting feel so I feel like atlas definitely won't be rebuilt and remember faunus were only used as slaves in atlas, Vacuo has zero hate to faunus due to how their society is basically "if you can survive here you are respected"

So I remember in the Volume 8 thread there being a list of feats that we wanted to calc. I believe a few have been done already but have any more been calc'd?

Here is this list again

Nora yeeting yang into the stratosphere
the centinels blowing up the shield generators in volume 8
the blind worm feat from the novel
the hydra taijitu's KE
yang has a decently sized explosion feat in the manga (the anthology one that is cannon)
oobleck blasting paladins with Zwei
the AP of moonslice from the Black Trailer
Oscar's volume 7 feat when he destroyed the bottom of Atlas Academy

the mass of the carrier ship vine lifted
carmine's sandstorm feat from the novel
the AP of the comic manticore
Monstra's KE
Cinder and Raven shaking haven with their clashes
and the grimm wyvern's feat could probably use a recalc to factor in that it caused an earthquake that was felt from Mountain Glenn to Vale

Last edited:
Here is this list again

the centinels blowing up the shield generators in volume 8
the blind worm feat from the novel
the hydra taijitu's KE
yang has a decently sized explosion feat in the manga (the anthology one that is cannon)
the AP of moonslice from the Black Trailer
Oscar's volume 7 feat when he destroyed the bottom of Atlas Academy
the mass of the carrier ship vine lifted
carmine's sandstorm feat from the novel
the AP of the comic manticore
Monstra's KE
Cinder and Raven shaking haven with their clashes
and the grimm wyvern's feat could probably use a recalc to factor in that it caused an earthquake that was felt from Mountain Glenn to Vale
Oscar's feat was already calc'd here to be 8-B. As for shaking Haven, I found this old calc someone did, though I don't know if it can still be used.

A new Monstra's calculation

Apparently its been accepted. I believe a calc thread might be made soon. I don't know about calcs at all which is why I merely reblog them, but I do know that the City level calc I posted is more consistent due to not only allowing Oz and the Maidens to scale to Salem, but it also means that the storm calc for Amber is no longer an outlier. Which means it can be used as a supporting feat.

What the scaling is looking like:
So Oz and Salem 16MT from Tempest, Maidens 3.2 due to 1/5th, Monstra 5.4, and The Long Memory upscale to 6.3 due to one shotting it?

bf430ccad3995a06416eb952675fa74caf4265dd.jpg

N4iIIkO.gif

RdQLX8D.gif

I definitely like episode 4 more than the set up episodes. Sets up Weiss's Ice Queendom dreamworld quite nicely.

Also man is Weiss a whole bitch lol.

The only noticeable good feat I spotted was the big explosion when Ruby and Weiss first started fighting.

BIG NICHOLAS! (You'll understand the phrase if you watch the episode)

Wacky dream world adventure I guess. Alice in Wonderland kind of thing, but someone familiar to Weiss needs to set-up checkpoints in her dream world first for others to get in. Can lead to interesting exploration of early Weiss psychology with lots of metaphors and more in-depth character conflicts.

Just wondering. If it’s the same feat can we use it or are we only able to use the one from the show since it’s more canon?
It's a two part thing, what we have calced for the current show's depiction is Ruby dragging the nevermore, but not the damage she caused when she hit the top of the cliff, reason being we never actually got a good show of the damage she caused because it was a wide shot to show the nevermore falling. The feat should be fine to use as it actually shows the end result of it from a closer point of view without changing the feat itself

It's a two part thing, what we have calced for the current show's depiction is Ruby dragging the nevermore, but not the damage she caused when she hit the top of the cliff, reason being we never actually got a good show of the damage she caused because it was a wide shot to show the nevermore falling. The feat should be fine to use as it actually shows the end result of it from a closer point of view without changing the feat itself
Weekly you're back!

CRWBY made a statement on the canonity here. They are calling it "canon adjacent".

First, the world of RWBY: Ice Queendom is NOT an alternate universe or a reboot. While the story is set in the same universe as the main show, we’re calling it “canon adjacent”. The new show is incredibly faithful to the original, while also taking some fun new liberties to switch things up a bit. The first two episodes of RWBY: IQ will recap V1 - V2 before kicking things off into a bold new adventure, full of new characters, new settings, new surprises, and (of course) new Grimm. Not only that, but you’ll also see a ton of familiar faces, too. While changes made to the existing RWBY content are not technically considered canon, it's a story that absolutely could exist alongside other RWBY content -- we just wanted the Japan team to be able to have as much fun with it as they wanted. Now as to what the story of the show is all about….well you’ll just have to wait and see!

My impression is that we can consider it as "what if a side story that could've happened in the main show happened".

@ShadowWhoWalks yeah, it's on the same level of canon as the manga anthology, its canon adjacent or 'secondary canon' aka canon until it contradicts the source material. Atm it's basically just a quick recap of the early volumes and is now going into supplementary stories that we never saw in the original series

Oh right, I forgot to comment.

Regarding Ice Queendom, while it IS somewhat of an alternate timeline as events take place at different times and there's a clear divergence from the canon, the events leading up to the feat and the feat itself is still literally the exact same just in a different artstyle. I don't see this as an issue to scale.

You plan on redoing all the calcs? Or are there specific ones you tackling first?
Copy pasting spinorr's list with a few adjustments:

things that need calcs:
the centinels feat
the blind worm
the hydra taijitu
yang's manga punch
Black trailer moonslice
Oscar's volume 7 feat
mass of the carrier ship vine lifted
carmine sandstorm feat