• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 8 discussion thread

Also im curious how fast penny and cinder were flying to the tower seeing as it was high enough that when penny fell from it she caught on fire
As for how fast, I have my answer but I don't think people would agree, so I'll keep it to myself. But height is interesting matter.
Probably in thermosphere. Especially with this shot here and she's viewing the northern lights.
Screenshot_20201205-212749_Rooster_Teeth.jpg

And this is before she starts pushing Amity. So really, really goddamn high also outside Earth's atmosphere. That's roughly 80 kilometers in the air.
1200-464938544-atmosphere-layers.jpg

Last edited:
Would Vol 7-8 Penny be considered a different character than Vol 1-3 Penny? (Maiden powers aside) or would Vol 1-3 Penny be capable of the things that her future incarnation does?

Ah okay. Still somewhat new to Vs scaling and all. So far, we’re in agreement that Penny with Maiden powers should scale to other maidens at low 7-C to 7-C correct? We just need to agree on a full on weight of Amity but it’s at least in the tier 7 range.

Ah okay. Still somewhat new to Vs scaling and all. So far, we’re in agreement that Penny with Maiden powers should scale to other maidens at low 7-C to 7-C correct? We just need to agree on a full on weight of Amity but it’s at least in the tier 7 range.
Well I personally am not to sure about that. I don't think just because Raven has town level weather manipulation that Penny would too. In that same vain I don't see why all their attacks would scale to it either. But hey, I think most people here say otherwise

Based on our current scaling I’m pretty sure Penny would just be High 7-C scaling off of Raven’s storm, but this might be reconsidered in the future.

Okay I'm getting through the Amity calc and I'm getting around 40 kilotons or 7-C results. Which seems far more accurate, so the actual feat will likely be 7-C. Though I haven't finished measure the volumes of two parts, but they shouldn't change the results by that much.

After next episode there will be a two month break. The cliffhanger better be good.

Transcript for Volume 7 commentary was written.
Apparently Cinder was originally planned to display more magical stuff allowed by the Maiden powers like control the destroyed Atlesian Knights like puppets, but it was ditched since it would be out of character for Cinder to not simply blow things up. This confirms that Maiden powers can potentially do things that aren't elemental or weather manipulation, and gives support to Maiden powers boosting Aura durability.

Maria still being able to fight so well kinda feels like a retcon; could've previously displayed her agility, offered training, or helped against the Grimm.

Interesting cameos with the speech.

Ruby's speech was more horrifying than inspirational.

It is demotivating to mention that they are fighting against someone named Salem who controls the Grimm, who has been around for centuries and "can't be destroyed". Mentioning Maidens and Relics will convince some people that Ruby is pulling a prank, and will potentially introduce factions who will now hunt after them for power. Name-dropping the White Fang as agents serving the Grimm is fuel to the anti-Faunus sentiment. Saying that the leader of the most powerful military in the planet can't be trusted undermines the message of unity; this will also be considered evidence that Atlas was responsible for the Fall of Beacon which will lead people to question why they should help Atlas.

Ruby should've just said:
  • They discovered the secret behind the Grimm, and Atlas is under attack by their queen.
  • Atlas is still standing, but they need reinforcement.
  • The Queen of the Grimm want to make the kingdoms divided, but they need to stand together. If they get through this turmoil they can restore global communication.

Last edited:
So I just noticed a problem with the Amity Arena calc. Amity is being kept in the air by four stabilizers that are powered by Gravity Dust, that was how Amity was going to stay in the air after the initial thrust. Problem is that only one of the stabilizers stopped working, the other three are still fine.

Amity was drifting because it was unbalanced by losing one of the stabilizers. So that means Penny isn't lifting the full weight of Amity, which means the calc needs to be adjusted to account for the weight the three stabilizers are holding up as well. Which means I need to divided the total weight by three, and use that for the weight Penny is lifting.

This will drop the results, though lifting strength is still Class G and should still be 7-C.

One of the Stabilizers isn't working though, it lost power or something, so only three of them are holding it's weight. Isn't that divided by three?

No, if all four were working than there wouldn't be any weight to lift up at all for her.

She's doing the work of 1 out of four stabilizers. Therefore a quarter of it is appropriate for her, not a third.

Do you mean something like this?

I can't actually explain it for some reason, but I think you mean this right? That's three stabilizers and Penny is the fourth, it's not this.

That's why I should divide by four instead of three, sorry I really can't put it into words but I think I understand what your talking about.

Last edited:
Back