• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 8 discussion thread

So the storm made by the Tempests was calc'd here to be 115 Megatons or 7-A. And since the most Tempests we see on screen at a time is 7, the maximum a Tempests' AP can be is 16 Megatons or 7-B.

So the storm made by the Tempests was calc'd here to be 115 Megatons or 7-A. And since the most Tempests we see on screen at a time is 7, the maximum a Tempests' AP can be is 16 Megatons or 7-B.
i assume salem scales above them?

but that would only be a possibly while her large town level power is likely

i assume salem scales above them?

but that would only be a possibly while her large town level power is likely
She likely scales to the AP of one Tempest. Considering we saw in the post credits of Volume 6 her making her Grimm army, as well as the fact that this isn't something she does overtime but quickly as shown by her continuously creating Grimm during her siege on Atlas, and I was told here by a staff that if her magic made it that strong she presumably scales, she should at least be comparable in AP to something she made using her magic.

Do we have any confirmation that she created the Tempest Grimm using her own power?

Since the Pools of Grimm are able to create grimm without her assistance. Do we know that it is 100% her power and not just her modifying what already exist? Or accelerating the process of the grimm's growth? If she was shown to create them without the pools I'd agree with scaling, but I'm not truly on board with something like this. However I won't argue against a possibly rating, assuming we have confirmation that Salem can indeed create Tempest Grimm?

I don't remember seeing her create them on the spot.

Do we have any confirmation that she created the Tempest Grimm using her own power?

Since the Pools of Grimm are able to create grimm without her assistance. Do we know that it is 100% her power and not just her modifying what already exist? Or accelerating the process of the grimm's growth? If she was shown to create them without the pools I'd agree with scaling, but I'm not truly on board with something like this. However I won't argue against a possibly rating, assuming we have confirmation that Salem can indeed create Tempest Grimm?

I don't remember seeing her create them on the spot.
There is no on screen scene of her creating the Tempest, but that is the implication of the post credits scene, to show that she is capable of making new types of Grimm, since before that point we only knew she controlled them. Considering that their whole purpose is to guard Monstra with that storm, it’s not that far-fetched. And we know she created Monstra since something that large fully equipped with rooms and doors can't have formed naturally, as well as the fact in the concept art it states it has brimming magic and contamination.

Also, yes the pools can make Grimm by themselves, but not that fast or with any unique Grimm. In Volume 4, we see them only make common stuff like Beowoves and only a few couple. Yet during the siege on Atlas, the Grimm pools she's controlling from Monstra are able to quickly spawn many unique Grimm such as the Apathy, and even the winged Beringel which we saw Salem on screen make. Also, Grimm can grow older and become more intelligent, but as far as the show has stated, they do not learn new abilities that they don't already have, unlike what Salem can do.

Anyway, if its not fully, then I'm fine with a possibility.

I did mention the possibility that she was accelerating the Grimm growth process or whatever.

However I can't really say anything beyond a possibly rating, due to the nature of the Grimm Pools and how much her power is actually being used to create them.

7rls3mzt5vt61.jpg

Hey guys is Jacque schnee pure evil?

he is a dick isn’t he?
Honestly, I think Jacques was just a massive jerk. Yeah, he did a LOT of messed up stuff (abuse is ALWAYS wrong), but he wasn't straight up evil: the way I see it, he was just a guy who let the power he had get to his head. Heck, this might be a bit of a hot take, but I don't even think he deserved to die: they could've at LEAST given him a moment to realize the error of his ways.

But alas, he was in the same room as Ironwood when Ironwood lost what little sanity he had left...

Back