• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 8 discussion thread

Qrow and anyone saying Ruby bursts into rose petals doesn't matter since. Since they don't know what her semblance actually is. That's the point of Penny's explanation. I don't know why you'd reference anyone else when they were all incorrect. Also, I never said the roses weren't real, just that she isn't the petals.

No one lied, they mean that Penny's taking the maiden powers put Winter in a difficult position. And Penny delayed them getting to Fria. Don't know why'd assume they just lied when nothing suggests that. I won't bother addressing the Marrow thing.

Incoherent? What didn't you comprehend?
Qrow would be among the most qualified people to know about Ruby's Sembalance; not only due to familial relation but also because he trained her.

Fria placed a freezing barrier that Winter can't pass, when Penny passed it Fria started dying and heavily encouraged Penny to take the Maiden powers, while the more powerful Cinder is outside and could kill them at any second. Also Penny flew went out of her way to save Winter from falling to death.
[Penny had brief conversations with Winter while they casually set up the transfer pods -> Penny delayed them getting to Fria -> Penny is responsible for Cinder attacking and injuring Winter] is a massive leap.

AceOps said: 'Well Winter is in critical condition because of you... And you repaid her by stealing the power that should have been her's.'
It is like the writers want to present the AceOps' side as manipulative in order to make them less sympathetic.

This is a bit hard to swallow (though an RT staff acknowledged that it didn't translate well visually, and Oscar wasn't meant to run all that distance with a telegraphed punch):
628.gif

This is preceded with Neo beating up Oscar and stealing the Lamp, and then not tying him up since he is a loose end (who can easily call his team) or killing him. Even though she sadisticly smirked while attempting to stab an unconscious Yang, and later on tried to stab Oscar in the head from the back.

After the punch, Oscar tackles Neo's legs, implying he is confident in his speed. But when running through the hallway, Oscar falls way behind and comicly gets separated after his team passes a corner, the team is also afraid of fodder guards. When Neo makes her escape, it turns out that the rest of team ORNJ also got separated for some reason, so she only has to bypass them one by one (though to be fair, ORNJ was mostly attacking her one by one to begin with, not to mention the cheorgraphy issues like Jaune teleporting and Nora tripping and lying on the ground for 20 seconds).
Easily the worst fight since the Battle of Haven.

Is there a single person who didn’t predict Penny getting hacked?
The last part of the opening is a bit on the nose, so I imagine it would be a main prediction for people who tried to get clues about the plot from it.

Also here is a video talking about the actual ages of team RWBY that aren't just the writers saying their ages even though it goes against the shows "timeline" Video

Qrow would be among the most qualified people to know about Ruby's Sembalance; not only due to familial relation but also because he trained her.

Fria placed a freezing barrier that Winter can't pass, when Penny passed it Fria started dying and heavily encouraged Penny to take the Maiden powers, while the more powerful Cinder is outside and could kill them at any second. Also Penny flew went out of her way to save Winter from falling to death.
[Penny had brief conversations with Winter while they casually set up the transfer pods -> Penny delayed them getting to Fria -> Penny is responsible for Cinder attacking and injuring Winter] is a massive leap.

AceOps said: 'Well Winter is in critical condition because of you... And you repaid her by stealing the power that should have been her's.'
It is like the writers want to present the AceOps' side as manipulative in order to make them less sympathetic.

This is a bit hard to swallow (though an RT staff acknowledged that it didn't translate well visually, and Oscar wasn't meant to run all that distance with a telegraphed punch):
628.gif

This is preceded with Neo beating up Oscar and stealing the Lamp, and then not tying him up since he is a loose end (who can easily call his team) or killing him. Even though she sadisticly smirked while attempting to stab an unconscious Yang, and later on tried to stab Oscar in the head from the back.

After the punch, Oscar tackles Neo's legs, implying he is confident in his speed. But when running through the hallway, Oscar falls way behind and comicly gets separated after his team passes a corner, the team is also afraid of fodder guards. When Neo makes her escape, it turns out that the rest of team ORNJ also got separated for some reason, so she only has to bypass them one by one (though to be fair, ORNJ was mostly attacking her one by one to begin with, not to mention the cheorgraphy issues like Jaune teleporting and Nora tripping and lying on the ground for 20 seconds).
Easily the worst fight since the Battle of Haven.

The last part of the opening is a bit on the nose, so I imagine it would be a main prediction for people who tried to get clues about the plot from it.
Qrow being her uncle doesn't mean shit about the validity of his interpretation of her semblance. Since he isn't Ruby and isn't studying her semblance it's not impossible for people to not really comprehend her semblance. Which funny enough no one did. He trained her to use a weapon yeah he didn't train her semblance as far as we know. And even if he did doesn't change anything I said earlier.

It doesn't matter if you think it's a leap or not. There isn't anything that implies they were lied to, if it does come up in the future then sure. Penny didn't even retort or deny that part. Also, they literally have footage of Cinder infiltrating so they know about Cinder. You can also interpret the scene as them trying to convince and bait Penny to coming back. Vine and Marrow were being more sympathetic and Elm and Harriet were being more aggressive. The approach worked for what they wanted.

I won't get into the amount of assumptions that you were making here. I guess I can mention there is a difference between real-time and cinematic time. So I am not sure how you know how long Nora was on the ground. But regardless none of what you said showed any incoherency just that you didn't like it. Which is fine but not worth talking about. Thanks, I guess?

So do we update the profiles as vol 8 goes on and when the episode becomes pubic? Like what we do with mha, update the profiles as the chapters come out?

Qrow being her uncle doesn't mean shit about the validity of his interpretation of her semblance. Since he isn't Ruby and isn't studying her semblance it's not impossible for people to not really comprehend her semblance. Which funny enough no one did. He trained her to use a weapon yeah he didn't train her semblance as far as we know. And even if he did doesn't change anything I said earlier.

It doesn't matter if you think it's a leap or not. There isn't anything that implies they were lied to, if it does come up in the future then sure. Penny didn't even retort or deny that part. Also, they literally have footage of Cinder infiltrating so they know about Cinder. You can also interpret the scene as them trying to convince and bait Penny to coming back. Vine and Marrow were being more sympathetic and Elm and Harriet were being more aggressive. The approach worked for what they wanted.

I won't get into the amount of assumptions that you were making here. I guess I can mention there is a difference between real-time and cinematic time. So I am not sure how you know how long Nora was on the ground. But regardless none of what you said showed any incoherency just that you didn't like it. Which is fine but not worth talking about. Thanks, I guess?
Why? Does Qrow's bad luck make him blind or incapable of observing how the Semblance of the niece he trained works? 'Petal Burst' is the name of Ruby's Semblance per the official guide by the way. When did Penny study Ruby's Semblance, and was she reliable in her statement that the Semblance negates mass (Mercury kicked Ruby while she is using it, and Ruby used it to bust through Ironwood's office door just before the Ace-Ops fight)? Oobleck did not study Nora's Semblance, but he was able to describe it for the purpose of exposition (in a hamfisted way), and Qrow described Ruby's Semblance for the purpose of exposition as well.

What you said is non-sequitur, and thus 'leap' is a polite word; it is non-sense: Penny was talking to Winter while they calmly and casually set up the transfer pods, which makes her responsible for Cinder's attack because she somehow caused tardiness and delay. I only said being lied to is the explanation that sounds best to me, I am open to this just being bad writing, and I acknowledged the possibilty that Ace-Ops are manipulative bullies.

Nora was explicitly not knocked unconscious, so whether the timing is cinematic or not is irrelevant. It is amusing that you don't seem to find inconsistent character speed, character-induced stupidities, and characters randomly teleporting to be non-detrimental additions to choreography. But if you are not interesting in discussing a topic you shouldn't ask for elaborations on it.

There is now WoG that people with strong aura and mental focus can resist Marrow's Semblance.
This implies that Aura provides some passive resistance to status inducement hax. Can this upgrade the RWBY cast with passive Resistance to Magic and/or Spatial Manipulation?

The throne is 2.95 m. From an attempt at pixel scaling despite the skewed perspective, the mouth/throne room is 85 m, the length of the whale is 260 m, and the height of the main body (w/o Gravity Dust crystals) is 80 m. The concept artist said that she sized Monstra and that it is huge, but she is not sure if she can share the information.

Confrontation with the Hound was kinda boring. Got some interesting characterization from Ren, Qrow and Salem though

Welp
who’s going to calculate the size and weight of Aminity. There seems to be some good feats here too and depending on how Penny is in the next episode, she could have a potential surviving from falling out of orbit feat

So with her fight with Cinder and the Ace-Ops, Penny’s tier with Maiden powers will probably be the same as the other Maidens.

So with her fight with Cinder and the Ace-Ops, Penny’s tier with Maiden powers will probably be the same as the other Maidens.
Yeah that seems fair to reason. Maybe not as high as other Maiden’s due to her being inexperienced but still reasonable to assume so.

Just did a quick calc of Cinder's melting feat, and if my math is correct it's 8-A+ at the least, possibly Low 7-C. Though I need to make sure if I point everything down correctly, it's likely going to be 8-A at the lowest

Just did a quick calc of Cinder's melting feat, and if my math is correct it's 8-A+ at the least, possibly Low 7-C. Though I need to make sure if I point everything down correctly, it's likely going to be 8-A at the lowest
I can’t recall but was Cinder using her maiden powers to melt her way in or did she use her semblance?

Well her eyes were glowing as she rose from the hole so she was without a doubt using her Maiden Powers. Also did another check and this feat is Tier 7 without a doubt

Last edited:
Well her eyes were glowing as she rose from the hole so she was without a doubt using her Maiden Powers. Also did another check and this feat is Tier 7 without a doubt
Ah okay that lines up to what we know already. Now what I’m curious about is Penny pushing Amity Coliseum and depending on what happens next episode, if she survives falling from orbit or not. What tier durability would falling from orbit be btw?

Falling from Orbit is only 9-B+ I believe, nothing impressive. Though her pushing up Amity is impressive, I do not have a way to measure it's weight as of now.

Falling from Orbit is only 9-B+ I believe, nothing impressive. Though her pushing up Amity is impressive, I do not have a way to measure it's weight as of now.
Oh okay. Darn I thought falling from orbit would have been impressive lol. But calculating the weight is going to be hard. Maybe if we try to find the size of it and compare it to a stadium irl then add the weight for the gravity dust crystals?

Alright I think we have a full view of Salem's storm.

When Penny hovers outside of Amity, you can see a shot of both Atlas and the whale, with the storm surrounding both of them. Considering how big it is, I wonder what tier it will be.

This was very basic so the results are likely going to be higher, but a quick calc of Penny lifting Amity got me 5 Kilotons or Small Town level+ and Class G lifting strength. Note I didn't measure the dust crystals and the volume I used was a low-ball. So it's possible this feat is Town level, but it's likely Low 7-C+ at the least.

This was very basic so the results are likely going to be higher, but a quick calc of Penny lifting Amity got me 5 Kilotons or Small Town level+ and Class G lifting strength. Note I didn't measure the dust crystals and the volume I used was a low-ball. So it's possible this feat is Town level, but it's likely Low 7-C+ at the least.
Could you also take a look at this? They gave us a full view of the storm.

Sorry but I'm garbage when it comes to storm feats, the Raven storm I did was just a repost, I didn't do the math. Going to have to ask someone else.

Back