• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 8 discussion thread

This sounds cool. Wasn’t there also an argument or recalc that someone discussed earlier where Ruby’s feat of knocking over the mech or something was calced to be 8A for characters Vol6 and beyond?

Ah okay! I don’t see any reason to go against the calcs really. They all make sense to me. I would personally like to try to figure out what the limit is for Nora and how much electricity she’s able to take before harming herself though but that can probably be it’s own thread.

also we should do new keys for the protagonist, they get stronger in the volume 7 so we might do these keys: volume 1-3, 4-6 and 7 and afterwards

Huh. Interesting. Also just as a reminder, Penny lifting Amity is a 7-C feat correct? I know it’s somewhere in the tier 7 range but I can’t remember what we all agreed upon.

It's not that she didn't ask about Ruby, it's about how Yang's response to Jaune saying Ruby was probably alright was basically an afterthought. She had Blake 100% on her mind in terms of safety, which is fine and dandy, but to dismiss a blood relative that she has been close to far longer than she was ever with Blake is just sociopathic on Yang's part.

It's not that she didn't ask about Ruby, it's about how Yang's response to Jaune saying Ruby was probably alright was basically an afterthought. She had Blake 100% on her mind in terms of safety, which is fine and dandy, but to dismiss a blood relative that she has been close to far longer than she was ever with Blake is just sociopathic on Yang's part.
Wait, what are talking about? How do you know it was an afterthought and not just shrugging the fact she meant Blake. Also they weren't even talking about safety just feelings about one another. She didn't ask if Blake was safe. Also sociopathic, really? That quite the exaggeration.

You still didn't answer my question though. Why would any of this make her a bad character?

Of course yang cares about ruby. They are sisters that lived together

Blake she only knew for like what 2 years now. There's a timeline explained vid that explains the timeline better then the writers guessing

Of course yang cares about ruby. They are sisters that lived together

Blake she only knew for like what 2 years now. There's a timeline explained vid that explains the timeline better then the writers guessing
We all know it's been over two years. But I don't think its a "test of bonds" so to speak.

To be fair, Yang might still be salty about the argument she had with Ruby. (Even if it was a pretty minor argument in terms of how it was portrayed)
The underlying conversion that people have missed is Ruby is also telling Yang "we are going to lose so let's focus on the future" . Which considering her personality, she wouldn't like a plan on the premise of failure. Yang reaction to Ren is evident of that. Ruby thinking its a likely possibility is intelligent. Its confirmed with her convo with the ACEOPS. She tells them that if the Relic comes out of the Vault you might as give it to her. Which means they can't protect it.

If they can't stop her and they can't get away.....then it sounds like a lost cause. Ruby and Ren have both realized that but Ruby put her efforts towards the future. Whereas Yang, Oscar, Ren, and Jaune put their efforts towards the present.
"You don't think we should be Huntsmen. Fine, but I'm getting out of the cold. Still got a job to do."

People really sleeping on the writing this arc.

Back