• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 8 discussion thread

Also possible confirmation of type 8 for salem?
Maybe? It’s not like Salem’s immortality depends on the planet. When the Gods return she’ll die just like everyone else because they have the power to kill her, since they gave her the curse in the first place.

Anyway, I’m thinking she should have Life Manipulation. Both this episode and last show she can control the Grimm pool which create them. The God of Darkness has it on his profile for that reason so she should as well.

Salem resurrected from a heap of ash when fighting Ozma, and regenerated from the God of Darkness' extermination (you can see her reforming/glowing just before the meteors hit). I am not sure why Salem is missing immortalities and why her regeneration is so low.

It is interesting that Cinder's Semblance was already unlocked as an orphan at age 10. After the Fall introduced a character who had her Semblance unlocked before she was even born, so the part about Aura needing meditation or someone else to unlock it might be retconned.
Cinder was a 'few years' away from 17 when she received her sword, so at most 14 years old; so she might've killed Rhodes really young. She is either a prodigy (Mercury killed his infamous assassin father, right?), or the Huntsman was mediocre and tired from a mission to get his Aura broken after two hits.

Atlas people have lots of guts to do picnics during a siege from a Grimm horde.
Atlas military still uses 19th century infantry square formations; nerf the civilization profile.
So Salem came to Hazel, and he killed her multiple times. One of them had him kill her so hard it took her a few hours to reform. So is Salem a *********, or did she really really want to recruit Hazel?
Ren's Semblance evolved so now he is an empath.
Emerald about to go Aladdin?
Where did Penny come from? Looks like she is in no state to fight.

Not sure if that crater would upgrade their current ratings.

We should probably wait and see if Penny actually survived the fall before using it for scaling though

Last edited:
It doesn’t look like it would. Though could the fact that the impact sent shockwaves through the mansion could mean something potentially? I’m not really sure.
Though I’m curious to know what the green liquid that was coming out of Penny’s back is. Is it potentially her aura?

It doesn’t look like it would. Though could the fact that the impact sent shockwaves through the mansion could mean something potentially? I’m not really sure.
Though I’m curious to know what the green liquid that was coming out of Penny’s back is. Is it potentially her aura?
Aura is spiritual, its literally your soul. How would it be a liquid?

Salem resurrected from a heap of ash when fighting Ozma, and regenerated from the God of Darkness' extermination (you can see her reforming/glowing just before the meteors hit). I am not sure why Salem is missing immortalities and why her regeneration is so low.

It is interesting that Cinder's Semblance was already unlocked as an orphan at age 10. After the Fall introduced a character who had her Semblance unlocked before she was even born, so the part about Aura needing meditation or someone else to unlock it might be retconned.
Cinder was a 'few years' away from 17 when she received her sword, so at most 14 years old; so she might've killed Rhodes really young. She is either a prodigy (Mercury killed his infamous assassin father, right?), or the Huntsman was mediocre and tired from a mission to get his Aura broken after two hits.

Atlas people have lots of guts to do picnics during a siege from a Grimm horde.
Atlas military still uses 19th century infantry square formations; nerf the civilization profile.
So Salem came to Hazel, and he killed her multiple times. One of them had him kill her so hard it took her a few hours to reform. So is Salem a *********, or did she really really want to recruit Hazel?
Ren's Semblance evolved so now he is an empath.
Emerald about to go Aladdin?
Where did Penny come from? Looks like she is in no state to fight.
We don't know how strong his or Cinder's Aura shield are. Nor do we know what their AP scales so it doesn't really say anything about either one. Also its not two, maintaining an Aura constantly draining aura. You also constantly taking damage to it just parrying and blocking attacks.

Salem let him beat her until he "couldn't raise him arms" then offered him a deal.

From the context of th pisode Rhodes had always come to the inn after long missions so its entirely likely that his aura was low already, plus he used his semblance on top of that

From the context of th pisode Rhodes had always come to the inn after long missions so its entirely likely that his aura was low already, plus he used his semblance on top of that
I don't know if his aura was low persay, especially since we don't know long between his missions and relaxing. And regardless that only mean he'd have lower stamina (in terms of energy) than normal.

I mean technically, they’re not professional huntsmen anymore, considering they’re wanted “criminals”
Them being fugitive doesn't mean they weren't granted their licenses. Does that mean Qrow and Robyn also are no longer Professional Huntsmen? Lol what are talking about? Besides even if their licenses restricted or taken just change the fact that they essentially graduated. (Hence V7E4)

Back