• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Top Tier upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebluedash

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
The Faill Maiden created a thunderstorm in volume 3.

The energy to create a thunderstorm is Large Town level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderstorm

FEAT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_EyosAtahA

So the characters this scales to are:

• Somewhat Semblance Yang, Mercury and Emerald (They'd just have a "likely higher")
  • Neo (Same as above). Maybe?
  • Oobleck
  • Glynda
  • Adam
  • Winter
  • Qrow
  • Ozpi
  • Cinder
  • Silver Eyes Ruby
  • Salem
  • Rave
  • Grimm Drago
^Scaling list made by Ever. Who also supports the upgrade.

If this only scales to the top tiers, and if creating a thunderstorm is Large Town level like you said, then I do not see a problem with this.

While we're doing upgrades, in vol 4 chapter 3 Blake is seen dodging that energy bean from the water dragons mouth. That same beam is shown firing past the ship when Sun threw the shot off course, would there be anyone able to Calc the speed of the beam that Blake dodged (using the size of the boat)?

I don't think Emerald and Mercury should only be listed as "likely higher" or "likely large town level" since they did take serious blows from her.

Also, would Yang's base durability scale to this? Since she has to tank blows of this level for her AP to increase to this level? And would Zwei's durability scale to this as well, since he no-selled Oobleck's attacks. What about Velvet and Weisse (with summoning)? Since prototype paladins could survive a blow from Oobleck and they scale to the finished product.

@Blahblah

The problem with Emerald and Mercury is that they were no match for Amber and when she was using her Maiden powers (With the glowing eyes), their attacks just bounced off of her.

But they were still able to take blows from her, so it should at least scale to their durability, and even in base, Amber took blows from and pushed back Cinder.

Blahblah9755 said:
But they were still able to take blows from her, so it should at least scale to their durability, and even in base, Amber took blows from and pushed back Cinder.
Cinder at that time wasn't a maiden, not even a half maiden. She was much weaker than she is now.

She was powerful enough to knock Amber out of maiden mode though. And supposedly was already comparable to silver eyed warriors more skilled/powerful than Ruby.

I dunno. Maidens are supposed to be a good deal stronger than regular, albeit strong fighters in RWBY.

Here's what I can make of the video:

Base Maiden pushed Emerald back with a gust of wind, none-damaging from the looks of it.

Mercury tanked a flamethrower, I give you that, but most of it was his mechanical legs, and even with his aura protecting him, it still burned half his pants off.

Maiden's shield is active, not passive, so with it turned off, she seems to be about as durable as any huntsman/in training. That, and she doesn't seem to be able to shield herself and use magic at the same time as she only attacked when Em and Merc stopped shooting, and she had it off when she fired a fireball at Cinder.

They tanked frozen leaves though so there's that. Still, not something I think would scale everyone and their mothers.

Her maiden mode seems to need considerable concentration to activate, which she couldn't after she was knocked down by Cinder. Seen when Em and Merc only watched her the first time she used it, and she had to push them back first before her eyes glow the second time. She never got to do it again as Cinder's arrows exploding drained her significantly of her aura.

They also tanked a bolt of lightning and a lick of fire, but only that and not the entire power of the storm she can do.

Think of it like Avatar Aang's Avatar State imo.

Base Aang is about as good statwise as a regular combative bender. Avatar State ang has massively higher power levels, but his durability seems to remain the same without his spinning shield of doom.

Also, she stilled kicked their collective asses for most of the fight.

I don't think I can agree with this upgrade for now. With enough convincing and maybe a bagel though...

@Gemmy

"Her maiden mode seems to need considerable concentration to activate"

Now that's just an assumption. Cinder when she received her powers, didn't need to concentrate at all in order to activate her powers. You can't compare a maiden to Aang. Maiden is not a mode or form you transform into. It's a power you harness, like semblance.

You are saying "Top Tier"

Everybody scale, in minor degree, but everybody would be at this level

Even the weakest wouldn't just be 8-A, that's ridiculously lower

Now that I'm thinking, could be a good idea to have keys per Volume?

Like, Vol. 1 scale from Ruby and Weiss (Both with 8-A feats) and from Yang (Hypersonic+ and High Hypersonic calcs)

Vol. 2 Welp, not really any notable here, both they should like, a middle point?

Vol. 3 Scale from this, everybody should scale even in a minor degree, but scale at the end (And MHS speeds, so maybe High Hypersonic+ for V2?)

Thebluedash said:
@Gemmy
Cinder when she received her powers, didn't need to concentrate at all in order to activate her powers.
Maiden-chan never got to use it mid-combat and only ever had fiery eyes when she throws them a distance away or is already some distance away. That's why I assumed she did.

Also, it looks to me like there's a gap between gusts of wind and a flamethrower, and a storm summoned in place when her eyes were glowing. That's just me though.

I don't remember Cinder's though so I'll have to check on it first.

AidenBrooks999 said:
You are saying "Top Tier"

Everybody scale, in minor degree, but everybody would be at this level

Even the weakest wouldn't just be 8-A, that's ridiculously lower
Why? There's no point. Base Yang needed semblance to "defeat" Mercury. Who wasn't even trying. Blake and Yang got wrecked by Adam. Adam is likely around the level of Pre-Maiden Cinder. There's no point in any other characters. Other than top tiers to get scaling.

If other characters do not have feats or statements putting them on the same level as Top Tier, there is no reason to rate them as such. We treat every verse like that. Large Island+ and City level is a huge gap, doesn't mean we're upgrading every other S-Class due to Tornado's feat.

But even if the gap is pretty large, they're Top Tiers for a reason. Unless something explicitly indicates the other RWBY characters are on the level of Top Tier, we cannot upgrade them due to speculation.

Vol 1-2 Could be 8-A (From Ruby and Weiss) with Hypersonic+ movement and High Hypersonic combat speed (Both From Yang)

Vol 3 Would be Likely High 7-C for the majority, High 7-C for some stronger characters and At least High 7-C for the strongest like Cinder with all the Maiden Power and Ozpin. Speedwise, At least Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic reactions/combat (Emerald and Mercury)

Vol 4... Meh, nothing truly relevant yet

@Crop also no one actually disagrees with the upgrade. They disagree with scaling. Gemmy wrote upgrade, but he pretty much mean scaling.

If it was on purpose, then why even talk about her semblace?

Also, except that Mercury is the best in his job (Which I doubt considering how he disobeyed Cinder when she told him to stay hide), he clearly was struggling, also, as i insist, there's no way that neither Yang's or any other to be 1000 TIMES weaker.

We're not labeling Mercury as full on large town level. Probably more near small town level. I think you missed that part. Also Mercury is not dumb, he knows how to work with plans. Such as when, he analyzed Pyrrha's power and even found a weakness.

Small Town?

Now that's also pretty underwhelming

Why they would also be so weaker?

I mean, in Ryuk example, I can actually mention that Tornado is actually portayed as MUCH stronger than even the 3rd S-Class hero

Here? Well, they never said anything like "abysally" strong or anything, I could accepted 7-C for everyone and High 7-C for the strongest, but anything lower? Just downplay. (Except Jaune, he at best gets an "At least Low 7-C", considering how he is "At least 8-B" compared to his 8-A teammates)

@Aiden Tornado has been stated to be significantly stronger than S-Class, but not to the point where she is thousands of times stronger than all of them put together.

But that is besides the point. What I am saying is that if there are no feats or statements that put other RWBY characters as comparable to Top Tier, we can't just upgrade them because we don't feel like the gap should be that high. Or else I can start upgrading S-Class fighters from my headcanon or whatever example one could come up with.

My main point is we don't powerscale characters unless there is in verse evidence that they do scale, no matter how much one personally feels that they should scale.

If these RWBY characters do have feats and statements that put them comparable to Fall Maiden, then that's a different story.

And Blast is the Number 1 with Planet bust scaling, so that's out of question.

Yang obviously put Mercury on trouble. Yes it was the plan, but he clearly had the hard time, also, why the Maiden would be like, I said, 1000 Times stronger all the sudden? And, know that even talking about this, Cinder beating so easily (That's some bulls**t right there)

Maiden is the top tier, They're a guardian. They are suppose to be much stronger than the rest in the series, and Cinder did not defeat her easily if you actually remember. Cinder had to use mercury and emerald to fight against her. Hit her with a sneak attack at the end, and used an unknown power to take her powers. Vlast is number 1 because of statements of him being able to deal with god threats, and if I recall correctly, in the profile it is not a sure rating. Blast has a possibly rating.

Also even if Blast was listed with an all sure rating. How would it matter? Its not RWBY. It's called OPM.

Ryukama said:
we cannot upgrade them due to speculation.
I agree with this, you cannot deny viable and reasonable scaling just because the gap in strength, speed and w/e is too high for you. It's fiction, so expect things you're going to find quite extreme (like the aforementioned gap.) But like we do with fiction, you're going to need to suspend your disbelief towards it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back