• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY revision thread

Not sure if anyone is going to listen to me, but i guess i'll speak my mind and hope for the best.

There is a calculation of weiss freezing the nevermore:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Crazystarf/Weiss_Freezes_Nevermore's_Tail

i personally dont think that freezing and creating ice are the same thing, but nevermind. The point is, even if she can create such things, doesnt mean she can deal all that as damage. power of creation /=/ power of destruction. ofc that could've have been the case if weiss could convert ALL of her aura into a single attack and strike the enemy with ALL of it, without any of it being wasted (AoE being larger than the enemy). However, there is no such thing as energy conversion with 100% efficiency, bcs if that was the case we would have engines who can support themselves by their own produced energy, thus having infinite energy. the same is with the damage dealt. lets compare two types of attack of the same power (110 tons). 1. AoE attack - it will cover a larger area but at the same time the damage will be more spread and a human sized target will effectively receive less damage. 2. a punch - all of the 110 tons will be focused into a fist, which would effectively hit a human sized enemy with WAY larger force and also the area hit would be even less than human size, so it would hurt even more.

It is also important to know effects of the attack - movement restriction/creation/pure damage etc.. in weiss' case, she created the ice and encased NM tail in it. As damage goes, that would at best reach 1kg of TNT. For weiss to deal MCB level of DAMAGE, she'd have to create HUGE ice shards of which she has never created and drop onto the enemy at high speeds.

So, i'd suggest we'd not take weiss feat as damage dealt, since scaling from it is absurd. even a normal person encased in that amount of ice for a few seconds would probably survive, however a normal person would NEVER EVER survive 110 tons of tnt. The fact that the whole RWBY team was attacking Roman's Paladin to little effect, while Yang activated her semblance and one-shotted it with 248MN/60kg of tnt force punch - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11612219/3/Ruby-Theory-Question-Corner just proves this. So we'd better be scaling off Yang than Weiss.

Also one does not need to be MCB to damage some1's aura. Aura takes damage from all blows, big or small, the difference is just the amount of it would be taken away differs.

There is also Mercury and Emerald dodging lightning. I looked at that frame by frame and came to a conclusion that its not exactly them dodging it, but in fact Amber missing them just by a bit pretty much all the time. The first strike even hits the ground first before they even move from their spot:

Lightning misses 2

Lightning misses 1

There is also the time when Mercury was show in comparison to the lightning: Assuming the lightning came from ~1km high, it took 0.2s to travel to the ground, while Mercury in that time moved about 4 meters, which would put Mercury on atleast 20m/s.

Also if we assume real cloud to ground lightning , which is 220000mph or mach ~287, which would put Mercury at mach 25 at best. It doesnt help their case that they couldnt avoid a shower of frozen leaves several seconds after. no matter how fast those leves traveled, they certainly were nowhere near the speed of lightning.

Also Ruby, who can moves over mach 2 with her semblance , got past Mercury. (second time's the charm).

P.S. For me, feats and calculations > scaling.

I don't see what you're trying to get across with your rambling on the Weiss thing.

We still see Mercury and Emerald move at comparable speeds to the lightning and directly measuring their speeds when in relation to the lightning, we get MHS results.

We use 440,000 m/s for our lightning speed, Mach 1,293.

Using that logic you can find Goku being Subsonic in various different scenes.

"P.S. For me, feats and calculations > scaling."

You kinda just discredited your whole argument with that.

We don't even scale them from Weiss, we scale them from the Nevermores.

Also you said it yourself "Aura takes damage from all blows, big or small, the difference is just the amount of it would be taken away differs." Try to destroy something with MCB dura without comparable force and it will take an absurd amount of time.

Your whole post is basically "I don't think that they are strong, so they aren't"

if you dont agree with this and that, make ur own thread they said, it will be fun, they said.

People who disagree with stats and want them to change are supposed to make Content Revision Threads to express their disagreement/get those changes made.

And just as you're free to disagree with our profiles and make threads, everyone else is free to disagree with your threads. If you don't like people disagreeing with your threads, then don't make them.

No clue. Probably because she is far stronger than someone (Adam) who is far stronger than the average Huntsman

She did that with Mercury and Emerald as backup...

That always did confuse me. On Qrows page he's stated to have fought off Mercury, Emerald, and Cinder with half maiden powers. Not only could it easily be PIS or just a tactical retreat, but with this logic, Qrow is superior to Amber, a fall maiden.

....This may actually be a proper revision.

No, Adam was terrified by Cinder, he couldn't care less about Emerald and Mercury. But it's true that Half Maiden Cinder should be 8-A, because if we scale her from half of the Grimm Dragon's feat we obtain 650 tons

Glynda should be 8A as well, her rating comes from fighting on par with Half Maiden Cinder.

And here I thought Glynda was meant to be superior to Qrow.

Well just cutting her ap in half doesn't take in account the power that cinder had before getting any fall maiden powers, as she was still able to fight a fall maiden without any. Basically what im saying is, lets just use some arbitrary numbers, cinders power is 500 and the fall maidens power is 1000. So cinders power after getting the powers fully are 1500, but if you cut her ap in half her power is 750, when it should be 1000 since it only applies to the maiden powers.

She did just fight a maiden, their aura levels would be much lower. Especially emerald and mercury's. They took quite a few hits.

No I'm implying with my arbitrary numbers that maiden powers is 1000, and the main point is that you don't cut a person power in half if they have half of the powers, you cut the powers power in half and add it to their base to get the power of the person with half the powers.

Well, we can lowball it and see what happens. We take the best ap feat we have for a student (cinder should be far superior to this but it's lowball), and subtract that from the grimm Dragon feat. Then we divide that number by two and add the student ap feat to it and see what we get.

Back