• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: Regenerationn Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching the Lost Fable when I got to the part of Salem's Regenerationn. From the wiki here, her Regenerationn is Low-High because people say she regenerated from a puddle or goo. However:

https://gfycat.com/requiredhonoredalleycat

From the video, if you look closely, I think it was ash she regenerated from, not a puddle. If that is the case, she should be bumped up to Mid-High based on its description.

Technically speaking she should have low godly seeing as she is able to regenerate sob long as the God Brothers exist to keep her banned from death

Uncertain

It's definitely quite an upgrade so if you don't mind I'll probably change the title to get more here.

Is there actually an indication in the gif that she's regenerating from a pile of ash instead of a puddle of blood/goo? It seems hard to tell.

She does look like she regenerated from ash. But there's Weekly saying that Salem is banned from dying so she might be higher or maybe just Type 5 immortality

We honestly don't get close enough of a view on the glob she regenerates from to tell if it has the particulates you could identify dust or ash by - however if she regenerated from ash it probably wouldn't be coagulated in one area like that before she even pulled herself together. Ash/dust would have particulates flying about, and be spread over a much larger area.

Low-Godly is dipping into NLF; the Gods haven't granted anyone Low-Godly before and Salem has no Low-Godly feats, ergo we can't assume she has Low-Godly.

Perhaps you're right. But at the same time, if she truly did regenerate from a puddle, then it would be more spread out as puddles of liquid do tend to act that way. Yet from the video, it appeared to be clumped together.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

NukeGamer14 said:
Perhaps you're right. But at the same time, if she truly did regenerate from a puddle, then it would be more spread out as puddles of liquid do tend to act that way.
Liquids tend to group closely together, especially if it's thick and viscous, actually.

You can have puddles IRL that small, for example.

Yea, I can understand what you mean. I guess we'll have our differences on how it looked. Thanks.

Low Godly Regenerationn? Seems a little too much. It's not like there's anything on Remnant that can completly destroy her body that the Gods are aware of (remember, the Gods have a limited source of knowledge, they don't know everything). And there's also nothing proving that the Gods have tied her immortality to their own existence.

What we know is that they gave her a "curse" that will just keep her body pulling itself back together so long as some sort of Salem's physical self exists on the material world, at least. In case her body is completely destroyed, despite her soul being banished from the afterlife (or at least their own version of it), it doesn't mean that her spirit will be able to form a new body onto the physical plane and will instead just keep roaming the world.

Just check the video from 9:30 to onwards. https://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-6-3

I understand that the gods may not know if anything that can completely destroy a body like atomization but honestly it seems strange that the Gods would just go "Oh you got atomized, didn't know that was possible, okay you can go to the afterlife"

OR they leave her spirit on earth and don't allow it to reform a body? She can certainly regen from a puddle of goo but what if theres nothing left? We cant simply bestow godly regen because two beings known as gods said so. Esepcially when these gods have shown they are not all knowing, heck they were tricked twice by humans....

It's possible that she may just roam around as a spirit, unable to do stuff but still unable to die.

We can also use that same reasoning to upgrade her regen to Mid-Godly because "Oh you got your soul destroyed, didn't know that was possible, okay you can go to the afterlife".

Schnee One said:
I understand that the gods may not know if anything that can completely destroy a body like atomization but honestly it seems strange that the Gods would just go "Oh you got atomized, didn't know that was possible, okay you can go to the afterlife"
Um, the Gods do have free manipulation of the afterlife (or the realm that houses the souls they send them to), after all they were constantly making Ozma pop in and out of it, all for the sake of an argument. What I'm talking about is what would happen to Salem's soul in case her body was completely destroyed. After all they did banish her from the afterlife, she could still "die", as in, her soul is condemned to roam the material world considering her inability to cross to the afterlife.

Im aware but they both lack omnipotence, they can be deceived/lied to. Basing godly regen off the statment off two beings lacking omnipotence seems far to presumptous.

edit Is knowing the entierty of the past enough to grant psudo omnipotence? I don't think so but im not sure... Ignoring that the statement isn't overly solid, it can be interepted several ways and theres no garentee she could return upon atomization

TriforcePower1 said:
It's possible that she may just roam around as a spirit, unable to do stuff but still unable to die.

We can also use that same reasoning to upgrade her regen to Mid-Godly because "Oh you got your soul destroyed, didn't know that was possible, okay you can go to the afterlife".
Wait a second, all that we know that allows humans and faunus to exist in Remnant (and in the rest of reality) is a soul and a body, if both are destroyed, than that is saying that they ceased to completely exist in any sense of reality.

Think about it, if the soul/spirit is destroyed, what is the afterlife supposed to house? Their consciousness? How can it keep to exist if both places where it could manifestate itself are gone?

The pen or the sword said:
Is knowing the entierty of the past enough to grant psudo omnipotence? I don't think so but im not sure... Ignoring that the statement isn't overly solid, it can be interepted several ways and theres no garentee she could return upon atomization
You mean pseudo-omnisciece? If so, then yes in a way.

Yeah sorry about the spelling error Im a bit lazier then I should be when it comes to discussion post. Im still wondering how GoL knows everything in the past yet failed to predict salems actions, I mean even strictly only knowing the past it doesn't seem like something that would be difficult to predict... Ignoring that my point remains granting low godly off a vauge statement that can be interpeted several ways and a high low regen feat doesn't seem sound.

I understand what you mean. I believe that Low-Godly is a bit too high which is why I was making a case for Mid-High based both on its description and on my previous arguments.

it is hard to determine but I don't see anything to suggest its ash so...Im pretty sure it low high, its not detailed enough to really determine it as anything else...

The pen or the sword said:
Yeah sorry about the spelling error Im a bit lazier then I should be when it comes to discussion post. Im still wondering how GoL knows everything in the past yet failed to predict salems actions, I mean even strictly only knowing the past it doesn't seem like something that would be difficult to predict... Ignoring that my point remains granting low godly off a vauge statement that can be interpeted several ways and a high low regen feat doesn't seem sound.
When it comes to the Brother's supposed omniscience, either they don't have it at all and instead only have the power to create objects/sentient beings that store any information based off the past and the present in a limited area, such as a planet, or we´re dealing with a couple of very big idiots who don't know how to use their powers/knowledge properly and whose wisdom and intelligence is in fact closer, dare I say, to the likes of Scion rather than that of other Godlike beings that have shown intelligence/wisdom to match their own powers.

NukeGamer14 said:
I understand what you mean. I believe that Low-Godly is a bit too high which is why I was making a case for Mid-High based both on its description and on my previous arguments.
Mid-High rengeration, yup difinetely that. Her body was set aflame and she regenerated from appeared to be a pile of ashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back