• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Discussion thread 2

Arrogant Schmuck said:
It can't be adequately conveyed just how much Midoriya is a better version of Jaune in pretty much every category.
This is because you're comparing RWBY to a monolith of shounen known for it's amazing writing. It's not a fair comparison. But if we compare Volume 5 to 1-3, Jaune has improved a flip ton.

Nico-v11 said:
@Ricsi
Two questions:

1. Only two good fights in Volume 3? Nah. Qrow vs Winter, Emeral and Mercury vs Coco and Yatsuhashi, Yang vs Mercury,Penny vs Pyrrha, and Ozpin vs Cinder were absolutely awesome. Ironwood vs Beowulf was cool, Cinder and team vs Amber was also cool, and Pyrrha vs Cinder was pretty good.

The rest were meh but definitely not only two good fights.

2. What do you dislike about the God Brothers? Just curious.
Many of the reaction shots being too draw out sometimes and the animation gettiwng wonky.

Ozpin vs Cinder was disapointing to me... 30 seconds of fight where the screen is back for longer than there is a fight (exageration for the sake of a point, not really sure if its true).

Irowoods fight with the wolf was OK, but they fought for 10 seconds (and he should have been capable of flooring it in less).

And I dislike the brothers because they are cliche and very boring. And deus ex machina's for the sake of being able to say that ozpin can do what he can, and they made mcguffins.

Tough, I don't want to be too negative. I liked the season, and was entitaned, wich is what matters most.

Sir Ovens said:
.This is because you're comparing RWBY to a monolith of shounen known for it's amazing writing. It's not a fair comparison. But if we compare Volume 5 to 1-3, Jaune has improved a flip ton.
This, RWBY has alot of potential but got f@#ked by Bad writing

The only reason i still watch RWBY is because of Jaune character development.

But look like Rooster teeth is going to f@'k that up alone side with everything in series.

IIRC, which I might not since it's been a while, all we've heard of the Brothers is from Qrow at the campfire.

So they could easily fix that by having someone say "Oh Qrow, you still believe that old fairy tale?"

Or maybe that'd just make things worse Idk.

Back