• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

As we can see here, it's a huge ass mountain the Raven and Cinder are presumably at the bottom of. Or, at least near the base.

That's a mag 5 earthquake at best, which is only 8-A. We have no idea how far down they are, so we can't use the Richter magnitude at distance.

A distance of 20 km or 20000 m, would only increase the results to 2.4 KT. And it had to be divided to 1.2 KT since this was a clash between two people.

You also didn't provide any proof that they shook the entire city and not just the building they're underneath.

That's a mag 5 earthquake at best, which is only 8-A. We have no idea how far down they are, so we can't use the Richter magnitude at distance.

A distance of 20 km or 20000 m, would only increase the results to 2.4 KT. And it had to be divided to 1.2 KT since this was a clash between two people.

You also didn't provide any proof that they shook the entire city and not just the building they're underneath.
I mean the mountain. The clip I just posted should help with determining how deep they were. Let me look into this a bit more.

I mean the mountain. The clip I just posted should help with determining how deep they were. Let me look into this a bit more.
You need proof they affected the mountain. The episode only shows the building shaking from their underground clash.

You need to provide proof that they shook the area outside of the building. They are below the building and their clash made it shake.

A statement would be needed since we don't see the shaking affect outside of the building.

L
You need to provide proof that they shook the area outside of the building. They are below the building and their clash made it shake.

A statement would be needed since we don't see the shaking affect outside of the building.
Looking for that right now.

To be fair we can see there's at least 100m of depth and cave surrounding the area with the structures above beung shaken so its definitely tier 7 even if low end

To be fair we can see there's at least 100m of depth and cave surrounding the area with the structures above beung shaken so its definitely tier 7 even if low end
we can also count the rate of decline with the elevator to figure out how deep they are.

There is no way that quake is above Mag 5. Which is 8-A.

A 20 km distance barely got the results to Low 7-C. Even a 1000 m distance would still be 8-A.

There is no way that quake is above Mag 5. Which is 8-A.

A 20 km distance barely got the results to Low 7-C. Even a 1000 m distance would still be 8-A.
Fair and actually seeing this shot solidified that I'd honestly thought much more area was affected than what actually was since the fight made the place look huge but it's just the downward momentum of the rocks along with the jumping higher

Funny enough, there is a legit city calc in Ice Queendom lol. It’s where Nightmare Weiss makes that storm.

Also, didn't Raven and Cinder shake a whole mountain in their clash too?
I don't know where you got this from... but they just broke part of it, and didn't shake it. Also that def would not be that high into Tier 7

How canon do we want to treat RWBY: Ice Queendom? Because RT said it’s canon adjacent.

Because their might be an interesting scaling chain there, with how Nega Blake stalemated Nega Weiss, and Yang could land blows on the former and break their mask.

I want to make an argument for a city feat in Ice Queendom, but I need to gather my evidence and reasoning.

I want to make an argument for a city feat in Ice Queendom, but I need to gather my evidence and reasoning.
I don't see why anything that happens in a dream would scale to anyone. I admit to not knowing Queendom yet, but this happens inside of a dream/nightmare?

Also creating a storm over a city would be comparable or even higher than Raven's feat. And Queendom takes place in the Volume 1-3 timeline. Which means even if that storm feat scaled to them, it'd be a massive outlier for the High 8-C characters. Unless the city you mention is really small?

Apart from being a dream, would the Ice Queendom storm feat have anything that'd prove it'd scale to physicals rather than being ED?

I don't see why anything that happens in a dream would scale to anyone. I admit to not knowing Queendom yet, but this happens inside of a dream/nightmare?

Also creating a storm over a city would be comparable or even higher than Raven's feat. And Queendom takes place in the Volume 1-3 timeline. Which means even if that storm feat scaled to them, it'd be a massive outlier for the High 8-C characters. Unless the city you mention is really small?
It happens in a dream, but it is stated that may damage they take in the dream reflects on their real life bodies. Like, when Ruby gets cut on her hand and bleeds in the dream, she bleeds in real life.

Weiss also uses the beam in her sword as part of her attacks in the dream. And if nothing else, Yang did manage to basically one shot that giant mech she summoned.

As for it being an outlier, Ruby states that Yang and Blake got stronger in the dream, while she got weaker. This is shown when Yang knocks down a very large tree and Blake throws her ribbon miles away. Thus, these character would not scale to their Beacon selves.

Back