• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
From what it sounds like, this only scales to their Ice Queendom selves? [SIZE]Meaning this was pointless.[/SIZE]
Agreed. They may say Ice Queendom is canon adjacent but the variables in IQ and how main RWBY works does not suggest that this should be possible (at least not yet) in Main RWBY. No offense but that is a huge stretch to think they should be cross scaled.

Low 7-B+ results. Unless I did something wrong.

From what it sounds like, this only scales to their Ice Queendom selves? Meaning this was pointless.
First off, thank you for calcing this feat. You are a real one. Second, yes this would not scale to the Beacon era Team RWBY. Yang and Blake are even said to have gotten stronger in the dream. However, Team RWBY have undergone two training arcs in the show, getting massively stronger. The highest calc that we have right now for both maidens and non-maidens are from fodder Grimm who we all have seen getting washed by the cast. That alone should massively upscale characters from the feat.

Plus, this fits in timeline-wise to the main series. Between V1 and V2. I know there are some who say that no characters mention this event taking place, but no other characters mention the canon game Grimm Eclipse and Arrowfell as well.

So, basically I'd need to find proof that their current selves have better feats then in the dream?

So like a statement that they were stronger in the dream?
Basically yeah. Without it there is no way for anyone outside the dream to scale. Or they have higher feats, though that doesn't mean they scale, just means they're stronger.

Hey at least Low 7-B RWBY is going to stay!

But in all seriousness, this Ice Queendom stuff should take place in a separate thread.

Basically yeah. Without it there is no way for anyone outside the dream to scale. Or they have higher feats, though that doesn't mean they scale, just means they're stronger.

Hey at least Low 7-B RWBY is going to stay!

But in all seriousness, this Ice Queendom stuff should take place in a separate thread.
Alright, Mr. Rusty. You're on.

A statement that their current selves are stronger than their dream selves would work
Probably not gonna happen seeing how IQ was like a one-off thing, but I can look at other feats in the series and see how they hold up against feats in the main series.

Probably not gonna happen seeing how IQ was like a one-off thing, but I can look at other feats in the series and see how they hold up against feats in the main series.
yeah but that still wouldn't matter unfortunately since there'd still b e no way to prove they scale to their other selves without statements consistency or not

yeah but that still wouldn't matter unfortunately since there'd still b e no way to prove they scale to their other selves without statements consistency or not
I mean, all we would have to compare them to is their V1 feats and the IQ stuff to the rest of the series. I think the numbers should explain for themselves how strong they have gotten. Plus, they are stated to have become the best Huntsmen in Atlas, and prove it by beating the Ace-Ops. In Arrowfell, they even beat a proto-version of the Ace-Ops called Team BRIR. So, while there is no claim stated out loud, I think the natural progression of the series indicates their strength. It's like how we can scale Team RWBY to Winter. Winter was, of course, stronger then all of them in V3. However, come V7, we see Winter and Weiss spar evenly, thus making the scaling better.

So to summarize:

Salem and prime Ozma: High 6-C from the Grimm geyser

The Long Memory: Varies, up to 7-A from destroying Monstra

Ozpin and Maidens: 7-C by an unknown amount

Everyone else: 7-C from killing the Centinels
So is there anything missing from this or needs to be added?

So to summarize:

Ozpin and Maidens: 7-C by an unknown amount

Everyone else: 7-C from killing the Centinels
High 7-C maidens scaling to their own feats and the long memory shield

So is there anything missing from this or needs to be added?

Ozpin and Maidens: High 7-C

Atlas arc cast: Downscaling from High 7-C

Haven arc: 7-C

They don’t scale to the Long Memory shield, for the issues I outlined. The Long Memory shield is 7-A because it survived the death of Monstro, I thought that was established? They’re High 7-C from their own feats not from him.
Boyo you literally proved its not 7-A and i agreed with you, why are you backtracking?

Here’s the issue with scaling Ozpin’s shield to be the same as Oscar’s shield, then claiming Cinder can break it:

You’re claiming Maiden Cinder is stronger than the Long Memory’s released power. Which can one shot Dust Infused Hazel. Who is stronger than Qrow. Who is comparable to Winter. Who can block attacks from Maiden Cinder.

Cinder > Shield > Hazel > Qrow = Winter = Cinder?
Boyo you literally proved its not 7-A and i agreed with you, why are you backtracking?
hows about you calm down? What are you even talking about, we’ve been discussing the shield being 7-A because the blast killed Monstro for several posts now, wdym backtracking?

And you never even said anything to the issues the shield scaling presents either. So don’t come at me with “backtracking” as if you haven’t been ignoring the issues I’m bringing up that are irrelevant to the value of the Shield.

I'm still not in favor of this.

Where is the evidence coming from that this scales to Salem's magic or Ozma's magic?

I could see her being High 6-C via manipulating Grimm, but I've not seen any evidence that her Telekinesis or other magical abilities are on par with this.

The Long Memory, via Rusty, has been calculated at 7-B. Monstra is 7-A. Therefore; since the Long Memory killed Monstra, it should just be a 7-A attack, scaling above Monstra.

The inverse square law is literally irrelevant to this. We’re claiming Oscar’s shield scales above Monstra, no one has even talked about inverse square law for many posts.

Here’s the issue with scaling Ozpin’s shield to be the same as Oscar’s shield, then claiming Cinder can break it:

You’re claiming Maiden Cinder is stronger than the Long Memory’s released power. Which can one shot Dust Infused Hazel. Who is stronger than Qrow. Who is comparable to Winter. Who can block attacks from Maiden Cinder.

Cinder > Shield > Hazel > Qrow = Winter = Cinder?
Incorrect. It would be Long Memory >>>>>>>>>>> Maiden Cinder > Oscar's Shield > Hazel/Qrow/Winter
hows about you calm down? What are you even talking about, we’ve been discussing the shield being 7-A because the blast killed Monstro for several posts now, wdym backtracking?

And you never even said anything to the issues the shield scaling presents either. So don’t come at me with “backtracking” as if you haven’t been ignoring the issues I’m bringing up that are irrelevant to the value of the Shield.
Rusty, Damage, and several other members agreed that the shield wouldnt be 7-A and would need to use inverse square law due to oscar's distance from the heart of the explosion, which you and i both agreed with, but you are now suddenly against it for some reason

Rusty, Damage, and several other members agreed that the shield wouldnt be 7-A and would need to use inverse square law due to oscar's distance from the heart of the explosion, which you and i both agreed with, but you are now suddenly against it for some reason
We all agreed that it wouldn’t be 7-A because the 6-C inverse square law calc for it to be 7-A was flawed, it wasn’t 7-A first then got inverse square lawed.

The High 7-C value for the Long Memory comes from Rusty’s re-calc that puts the full blast at 7-B.

That 7-B blast killed Monstra, so I was under the assumption that we were just scaling Oscar’s shield in this instance to the full value of Monstra itself, with him as the epicenter of the explosion that killed it.

I don’t know if it was agreed upon if he was the epicenter or if Hazel/Salem were, idk if that was ever clarified.

We all agreed that it wouldn’t be 7-A because the 6-C inverse square law calc for it to be 7-A was flawed, it wasn’t 7-A first then got inverse square lawed.
The blast was never 6-C to begin with, the only things that were 6-C are Salem's river TKing feat and the inaccurate cloud vaporization which was agreed to be unuseable before this thread even began. No one in this thread argued for the Long Memory to be 6-C.
The High 7-C value for the Long Memory comes from Rusty’s re-calc that puts the full blast at 7-B.

That 7-B blast killed Monstra, so I was under the assumption that we were just scaling Oscar’s shield in this instance to the full value of Monstra itself, with him as the epicenter of the explosion that killed it.
The blast is 7-A as agreed in this thread due to Monstra's physical durability being 7-A. Oscar was not at the epicenter, he was several meters away from it.
I don’t know if it was agreed upon if he was the epicenter or if Hazel/Salem were, idk if that was ever clarified.
It was yes, it makes his shield High 7-C

The blast was never 6-C to begin with, the only things that were 6-C are Salem's river TKing feat and the inaccurate cloud vaporization which was agreed to be unuseable before this thread even began. No one in this thread argued for the Long Memory to be 6-C.

The blast is 7-A as agreed in this thread due to Monstra's physical durability being 7-A. Oscar was not at the epicenter, he was several meters away from it.

It was yes, it makes his shield High 7-C
I’m not saying anyone argued for it, I’m just explaining things from my perspective. The only time a 7-A shield was even brought up was in reference to the 6-C version of the Long Memory explosion, at least to my recollection.

Which post established that he was not at the epicenter? All I recall was discussion about the explosions epicenter, there was no conclusion other than one method being correct. I’m more confused than anything. I’m not “backtracking” as you’re trying to say.

I’m not saying anyone argued for it, I’m just explaining things from my perspective. The only time a 7-A shield was even brought up was in reference to the 6-C version of the Long Memory explosion, at least to my recollection.
Long Memory being 6-C was never brought up here, only Salem's TK was brought up as 6-C for its own feat. Long Memory in this thread was only ever treated as 7-A
Which post established that he was not at the epicenter? All I recall was discussion about the explosions epicenter, there was no conclusion other than one method being correct. I’m more confused than anything. I’m not “backtracking” as you’re trying to say.
My post agreeing that he wasnt at the epicenter after posting scans as well as Damage and Rusty's posts agreeing he wasnt, hell Rusty literally did a calc of Oscar's shield's durability via inverse square law in this thread

Long Memory being 6-C was never brought up here, only Salem's TK was brought up as 6-C for its own feat. Long Memory in this thread was only ever treated as 7-A

My post agreeing that he wasnt at the epicenter after posting scans as well as Damage and Rusty's posts agreeing he wasnt, hell Rusty literally did a calc of Oscar's shield's durability via inverse square law in this thread
Just start with that then, all this extra stuff you’re doing is unnecessary. I was mistaken, no need to get aggressive at all or insulting.

And yes, I know he did a calc, I literally talked about that calc three god damn posts ago, no duh I know about the calc.

Just, enough. I’m fine with the re-calc if that’s what we’re going with, as it does not mess with the scaling.

Just start with that then, all this extra stuff you’re doing is unnecessary. I was mistaken, no need to get aggressive at all or insulting.
Im not being aggressive or insulting tho
And yes, I know he did a calc, I literally talked about that calc three god damn posts ago, no duh I know about the calc.

Just, enough. I’m fine with the re-calc if that’s what we’re going with, as it does not mess with the scaling.
Awesome, so we're in agreement then? High 7-C Maidens?

I mean, all we would have to compare them to is their V1 feats and the IQ stuff to the rest of the series. I think the numbers should explain for themselves how strong they have gotten. Plus, they are stated to have become the best Huntsmen in Atlas, and prove it by beating the Ace-Ops. In Arrowfell, they even beat a proto-version of the Ace-Ops called Team BRIR. So, while there is no claim stated out loud, I think the natural progression of the series indicates their strength. It's like how we can scale Team RWBY to Winter. Winter was, of course, stronger then all of them in V3. However, come V7, we see Winter and Weiss spar evenly, thus making the scaling better.
None of this is really proves they scale to their dream selves.

Back