• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Salem: 7-A (high 6-C with telekinesis/grimm liquid manipulation)

Prime ozma: 7-A

Ozpin: at least 7-B (can harm fall maiden cinder but still died to her and we have zero clue how much weaker ozma has gotten over time and the fact Oscar with ozpins magic after frist unlocking it could harm Salem who can tank yangs attacks with her semblance until she used her sticky bombs (yang downscales from the maidens))

Maidens: scale above ozpin via cinder killing him and still have Aura and energy to spare

Atlas Arc characters and pro Huntsmen: downwscale form the maidens (also can survive magic attacks from Salem but get stomped by her)
How about this?

You know, I will say that Yang was able to push up from the Grimm hands that were holding her down, which would fall under Grimm manipulation.

No reason to think they're applying the same amount of force.
All of the other people trapped in grimm arms couldn't move an inch, expect Yang since she's physically very strong. Not saying it's like a full scale thing, but it is notable.

Ozma and Salem are agreed to be High 6-C

Maidens are no longer 1/5th of Ozma and Salem as Ozma gets weaker with each reincarnation and had already reincarnated dozens to possibly hundreds of times by the time he split his power to make the maidens

Oscar's shield was caled to have low 7-B durability from the inverse square of tanking the 7-B+ calced blast of Long Memory at the distance it did, and its agreed that cinder broke through Ozpin's shield and that his shield is the same one that withstood the low 7-B energy
Isn’t this the agreed scaling?

Also, running back on the whole Salem thing, amped up Hazel was agreed to be around maiden tier, right?

No. The only thing he really gets while amped is Class T for briefly holding Salem.

Besides, he would still be Low 7-B, higher with Dust Injections anyways so nothing really changes.

Last edited:
No one will scale to Salem's 6-C stuff or the Class T lifting strength other than Ozma, she hasnt displayed Class T physical strength

This is interesting. On the website for Ice Queendom, all they mention for Yang and Blake's upgrades in the dream are their weapons, like Yang's concussive blast having more off an off or Blake's ribbon being longer. They don't mention anything about their base strength growing.

In fact, this can explain why Ruby said she was weaker. It was becauase her muzzle was on backwards.

Same with Jaune and his big ass weapon. It's not the people who are getting weaker or stronger. It is their weapons.

This is interesting. On the website for Ice Queendom, all they mention for Yang and Blake's upgrades in the dream are their weapons, like Yang's concussive blast having more off an off or Blake's ribbon being longer. They don't mention anything about their base strength growing.
Bro just save it for another CRT or the general thread

Huh? Which ones
That Salem's Grimm feat shouldn't be her full rating and scale directly to the rest of her magic when we don't even know that she used her magic to cause the feat.

She should have "_____ normally, High 6-C via manipulating Grimm" rating for her AP where we use her demonstrated feats with magic to rate her normally and mention that the High 6-C is only something shown through manipulating Grimm.

That Salem's Grimm feat shouldn't be her full rating and scale directly to the rest of her magic when we don't even know that she used her magic to cause the feat.

She should have "_____ normally, High 6-C via manipulating Grimm" rating for her AP where we use her demonstrated feats with magic to rate her normally and mention that the High 6-C is only something shown through manipulating Grimm.
'Manipulating Grimm' isnt a thing, at least not in the way that you are interpreting it. Salem is able to give commands to physical Grimm (Something that Cinder can also due with her magic as seen with the Wyvern) but Grimm Liquid isnt a creature that can be commanded, its just a pool of sludge that Grimm spawn from.

It would be the equivalent of saying a character that makes a giant wave out of sea water wouldnt have water manipulation or scaling because they can also command sea creatures

'Manipulating Grimm' isnt a thing, at least not in the way that you are interpreting it. Salem is able to give commands to physical Grimm (Something that Cinder can also due with her magic as seen with the Wyvern) but Grimm Liquid isnt a creature that can be commanded, its just a pool of sludge that Grimm spawn from.

It would be the equivalent of saying a character that makes a giant wave out of sea water wouldnt have water manipulation or scaling because they can also command sea creatures
It's not a feat that is shown to derive from her magic or even just general telekinesis. There is no reason to think she can't just command the river of Grimm to launch itself into the air in a geyser. If we had seen Salem directing it with her hands or causing the Grimm liquid to float into the air instead of just shooting straight up, then sure, there'd be a point there.

But I am voting against this scaling to the rest of her magic if there's no further evidence.

It's not a feat that is shown to derive from her magic or even just general telekinesis. There is no reason to think she can't just command the river of Grimm to launch itself into the air in a geyser.
How does one command a non-living pool of sludge to do that...?
If we had seen Salem directing it with her hands or causing the Grimm liquid to float into the air instead of just shooting straight up, then sure, there'd be a point there.
We do see that though? Like, its literally shown that thats what she does, even in previous seasons we've seen her do exactly that.

How does one command a non-living pool of sludge to do that...?

We do see that though? Like, its literally shown that thats what she does, even in previous seasons we've seen her do exactly that.
I'm not talking about previous seasons, I'm talking about this specific feat.

I've given my vote on it. We need other staff member's input now if you're unwilling to change it.

I'm not talking about previous seasons, I'm talking about this specific feat.
The specific feat where she was depicted actively manipulating the grimm liquid with her magic in the same way as she was shown actively manipulating grimm liquid in previous seasons.
I've given my vote on it. We need other staff member's input now.
So...youre willfully ignoring everything about the feat itself and just voting against it because reasons? Cool.

The specific feat where she was depicted actively manipulating the grimm liquid with her magic in the same way as she was shown actively manipulating grimm liquid in previous seasons.

So...youre willfully ignoring everything about the feat itself and just voting against it because reasons? Cool.
I'm not voting against including the High 6-C rating on her profile. I think the wording should be changed.

Yeah damage is right, I asked people about this and they basically said the same thing here

Salem: at lesst 7-B, high 6-C with grimm manipulation

Prime ozma: at lesst 7-B

Ozpin: low 7-B (can harm fall maiden cinder but still died to her and we have zero clue how much weaker ozma has gotten over time and the fact Oscar with ozpins magic after frist unlocking it could harm Salem who can tank yangs attacks with her semblance until she used her sticky bombs (yang downscales from the maidens))

Maidens: scale above ozpin via cinder killing him and still have Aura and energy to spare

Atlas Arc characters and pro Huntsmen: downwscale form the maidens

At least 7-B via being stronger than the Ozpin that split his power should be fine, and High 6-C with Grimm manipulation for Salem is also agreeable since that is not a part of her normal powers/magic/physicals.
Sounds good.

Back