• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: 8-B and 8-A Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Alright, time to see if RWBY can actually escape from Building level.

We have a possible 8-B upgrade for Pre-Timeskip characters, and a possible 8-A upgrade for Haven Battle/Post-Haven characters. I'll be explaining why for both, and would like for us to come to an agreement on my reasons and the calc being used. After we discuss if the below is alright, we can move onto to the scaling.

I do have a list on who will scale, and I'll post it after we come to an agreement.

8-A Upgrades​

So I was going through Weiss' page and noticed this calculation on her profile. Which is her reason for being High 8-C+, which appears fine to me. Now the calc list that the feat is 20.8 Tons, but it's divided by three (6.93 Tons) since Weiss did this feat by shooting three fireballs at once. This makes sense, and I think this should work in the other direction as well.

As Weiss' fireball attacks is fueled by dust, and you can see her putting the dust in her weapon here. Weiss in this scene, shoots out six fireballs before throwing out the three fireballs that would perform the 20.8 Ton feat. Now assuming that was all of the fire dust she had in that canister, that would mean that the entire canister has a energy value of 6.93 x 9 = 62.37 Tons or 8-B+.

You can count the fireballs yourself here.

Now if you look here. That container she takes the dust from has four other canisters of fire dust, excluding the one she'll take from it. Ignoring the other dust, as we don't know how much energy they'd have. Those four canisters would have a energy value of 62.37 x 4 = 249.48 Tons or 8-A.

I'm bringing this up because Weiss, in this same battle, will end up throwing multiple containers of this dust into the Queen Lancer... And it does nothing to stop it. I'm purposing that the Queen Lancer have 8-A durability, via tanking an explosion which was made with four canisters of fire dust. With a single canister being 62.4 Tons.

There are other dust in there, but like I said we don't know how much energy they'd add to the explosion. Along with the fact there could be more canisters of fire dust in the other containers, though we don't know for sure. So I believe 249.48 Tons as a low end should be alright.

And I'll point out this isn't a heat/fire feat, which wouldn't scale physically. The three fireballs Weiss made shattered rocks which was calculated at 8-B. So this does indeed scale to the Queen Lancer who tanked four times the amount of fire dust that a single canister holds. The Queen's Lancer AP will still scale to Weiss' dura, but will have 8-A durability.

The inverse square law, I know someone will bring it up. "The character is face-hugging/bear-hugging the bomb/explosion source or standing/sitting/crouching right on top of it or directly adjacent to it and the bomb/explosion source happens to be smaller than them" The Queen Lancer is far bigger than the explosion source, and it explodes right next to it. According to our rules with how close the Queen Lancer is and being far bigger than the source, we can scale it to the full yield of the blast.

Also the explosion is likely much stronger than 249.48 Tons, so treating it as if it only took a 249.48 Tons should be fine.

In terms of consistency, Weiss has a 8-A feat she uses with her Ice Dust here. This didn't scale to anyone as it was a temperature feat, but it shows that 8-A levels of energy is possible for Volume 6 characters. And far stronger characters like the Maidens scale to Low 7-C, possibly 7-C.

Also I've made a blog about all of this Queen Lancer stuff here, so we can link that to the pages instead of a thread.

Before we go onto who scales, I'd like to see if everyone is alright with the 8-A suggestion in the first place.

8-B Upgrades (Rejected)​

Now there is a calc I made that could use some attention. Basically this calc finds the Kinetic Energy of a Nevermore during the Fall of Beacon. These results are 8-B, and would scale to the students during Volume 3. As Nora is shown to be capable of injuring this Nevermore, and Sage and Yatsuhashi are able to slice off its head.

And beforehand Ruby was shown to injure the Nevermore and even push it back.

This would upgrade most Volume 3 characters to 8-B. And this ironically fits with the 8-A feat that higher tier characters might scale to. And Weiss herself has an 8-B feat, though it was divided by three as she used three fireballs to perform it. But still, the rating by itself shouldn't be any issue.

This is far more simple than the 8-A stuff. Same as above, let's discuss if this is alright and then we can move onto who scales.

Scaling List​

Edit: Here is a full list of the changes I'm purposing.

Last edited:
That was a good read and the reasoning is sound, I agree

Yeah this is fine. Although they will probably only scale to 8-B in Volume 3 onwards. As for 8-A, remind me again, does anyone kill a Queen Lancer after Volume 4? If so then yeah, they can scale.

Adam Taurus vs Darth Maul hype.

The Queen Lancer was killed by Weiss' Summon Arma Gigas.

Now there is some scaling here afterwards, but as I said above let's wait until this is seen as okay. Also I agree that 8-B only scales in Volume 3 onwards.

That's weird.

Honestly Volume 6 and onwards is when characters are starting to more frequently scaling to 8-A.

Agreed

Hopefully a good portion of people scale to this, since its consistent with Maidens being Low 7-C

"so we can split Beacon in two, Beacon Arc, and Tournament Arc"

Why would that be necessary? This is the same kind of Giant Nevermore that Team RWBY fought and Ruby killed in volume 1. All that means is that they would upscale from the 8-B feat

"As for 8-A, remind me again, does anyone kill a Queen Lancer after Volume 4? If so then yeah, they can scale."

Hazel and the Atlesian Colossus both killed Weiss' lancer

No, the Nevermore should not be compared to each other.

This Nevermore is bigger, being 41 meters. While Team RWBY's Nevermore was 30.9 meters, and the Volume 4 Nevermore (Character Short) is even smaller than that.

We probably should have Volume 1-2 Keys for the characters, since they'd still be High 8-C. Scaling to the Volume 1 Nevermore.

So basically there's Volume 1 and 2 key, Volume 3 key, Volume 4 to pre Haven Training key, then there's Post-Haven training (battle of Haven) Key. Is there a noticeable time gap between the end of Volume 5 and 6?

End of Volume 5 and Volume 6 are very close together I believe. Since only a few days have passed between the end of 5 and beginning of 6 I think. And 6 itself takes place in a short period of time.

But yes, we'll need earlier keys for some character scaling. Technically RWBY will still be Building level for Volume 1-2 characters

Alright, just wanted to make sure. If that's the case then almost everyone in the battle of Haven will be 8-A through Qrow scaling (if Qrow is gonna backscale from 8-A).

Also I'm assuming tournament arc characters will upscale from BoS yangs mach 9 feat to hypersonic+

Quick question, would we treat End of Volume 2 characters (Team RWBY) as the same as Volume 3 basically?

Roman was confined to a cell and had basically no freedom. The Roman Ruby fights shouldn't be any stronger, and she's able to take hits from both him and Neo.

So what do we do here?

Either Blake beating Roman is an outlier, The end of Volume 2 students downscale from Volume 3, or Roman really did get stronger in prison.

Since there hasn't been any disagreements on the above yet, I guess I'll post the Volume 3 8-B scaling.

I can add whatever scaling is accepted to the OP afterwards.

Note: Volume 1 characters will still be High 8-C, via scaling to the Volume 1 Nevermore.

Volume 3 Nevermore: City Block level (Its charge is this powerful)

Note: Nevermore page should be split up into multiple keys. High 8-C for the Volume 1 Nevermore and 8-B for the Volume 3 Nevermore.

V3 Nora: City Block level (Can harm the Nevermore in Volume 3)

Yatsuhashi: City Block level (Can slice off the head of the Volume 3 Nevermore alongside Sage. Could stop a punch from an Atlesian Paladin for a period of time)

Sage: City Block level (Can slice off the head of a the Volume 3 Nevermore alongside Yatsuhashi)

Atlesian Paladin: City Block level (Strong enough to knock Nora down with one hit)

V3 Ren: City Block level (Can take a hit from an Atlesian Paladin that can harm Nora. Comparable to the rest of Team JNPR)

V3 Jaune: City Block level (Can match an attack from Brawnz, who can clash with Pyrrha)

V3 Weiss: City Block level (Can take a hit from an Atlesian Paladin, and is comparable to the rest of Team RWBY), higher with Partial Summon (Her Arma Gigas can slice an Atlesian Paladin in half)

Flynt Coal: City Block level (Was able to withstand an attack that knocked Weiss out. Can harm Weiss with his kick, and matched her dust attacks)

Velvet: City Block level (Can damage Atlesian Paladins when using Yang's weapon. Can take a direct hit from an Atlesian Paladin)

Penny: City Block level (Her weapons, when used by Velvet, are capable of cutting through the limbs of Atlesian Paladins)

V3 Pyrrha: City Block level (Can trade blows with Penny. Is the most skilled member of Team JNPR, with Qrow stating she was the reason they manage to get so far in the tournament)

V3 Mercury: City Block level (Easily defeated Yatsuhashi. Is able to match Pyrrha while holding back)

V3 Neo: City Block level (Effortlessly defeated End of Volume 2 Yang. Word of God stated she could defeat Mercury)

V3 Emerald: City Block level (Comparable to Mercury. Easily took out Coco's Aura with two attacks)

Note: There is quite the long gap of time between Beacon's Fall and Haven's Fall. I very much doubt that Mercury and Emerald did not get stronger during that time while everyone else did. Especially since we know they do train in their free time, as shown in Volume 6. At least Mercury, I assume Emerald does as well since she was with him.

Beacon Base Cinder: City Block level (Vastly superior to Mercury and Emerald)

Base Amber: City Block level (Able to fight against Mercury, Emerald, and Cinder all at once)

V3 Ruby: City Block level (Comparable to the rest of Team RWBY. Can take hits from Neo, and Mercury)

End of V2/V3 Roman: City Block level (Can fight Ruby alongside Neo, and can harm her with his attacks)

V3 Blake: City Block level (Can harm Roman with her attacks during the end of Volume 2)

V3 Yang: City Block level (Comparable to the rest of Team RWBY)

I know this probably isn't everyone, but this should be most. Also we don't need to write down their reasoning exactly like this. I'm just using this to show who should scale and why. Since some of this stuff is already covered on some of the profiles already.

Also I may not be in the best shape, so if I messed up somewhere please tell me.

Btw your concern about roman, watch stuff like roman vs sun and blake, he overpowers both of them. In the novels (the neo one that's set in the past) roman is able to hang with pro huntsmen in combat. And in the rematch blake literally spammed dust amped attacks the entire fight in order to beat him

Basically Roman should scale above beacon arc rwby and to tourney arc rwby

Also, volume 1 and 2 should be around the same strength seeing as their mid-semester gap was having a vacation in The Session, whereas the mid-semester gap between 2 and 3 was Grimm Eclipse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back