• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: 8-B and 8-A Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scaling is this. 249 Tons<Queen Lancer<Amp Queen Lancer = Leonardo = Oscar/Qrow and basically everyone<Dust Injection Hazel

There is no one shot in this scaling chain.

Either Weiss and Vernal are both stupid and have no idea what they're talking about.

Or Partial Arma Gigas does not equal Full Arma Gigas.

Edit: Also if Vernal one shotting the Arma Gigas is such a problem, we can just say it was an outlier. However like I said above, they don't equal each other. Them being 8-A isn't dependent on Vernal whatsoever, and this problem would still exist regardless of their rating.

Scaling is this. 249 Tons<Queen Lancer<Amp Queen Lancer = Leonardo = Oscar/Qrow and basically everyone<Dust Injection Hazel

There is no one shot in this scaling chain.
I understand and like this scaling chain.

But that doesn’t assuage the issues of what went down with the suspicious one shots.

If none of them happened, I would be far happier with this upgrade. But someone has to bring them up.

Either Weiss and Vernal are both stupid and have no idea what they're talking about.

Or Partial Arma Gigas does not equal Full Arma Gigas.

Edit: Also if Vernal one shotting the Arma Gigas is such a problem, we can just say it was an outlier. However like I said above, they don't equal each other. Them being 8-A isn't dependent on Vernal whatsoever, and this problem would still exist regardless of their rating.
Vernal is weaker than base Raven so that would upscale Qrow which would upscale everyone because we scale everyone to Qrow.

I very much prefer if the Gigas just wasn’t at full power when she killed it or this is just an outlier. It’s just something I know should be brought up.

And I’m still not convinced on the Hazel argument for him and Leonardo not two shotting it.

Can you explain your problem you have once again? What is the Hazel issue?

Vernal has no bearing on anything, regardless we're ignoring that feat (Since it doesn't matter what they're rating is).

There is a massive offscreen moment. After Yang goes down there, the fighting between them starts afterwards. And at the same time the full battle of Raven vs Cinder happens, all while Hazel, Mercury, Emerald, and Leonardo are fighting above ground. Something we don't see the full extent of, that is quite the large gap.

We can't say they all just stared at each other for a few minutes doing nothing. And to say that the Queen Lancer was only hit twice because that is what we've seen.

Unless you have some reason to back that up?

Can you explain your problem you have once again? What is the Hazel issue?

Vernal has no bearing on anything, regardless we're ignoring that feat (Since it doesn't matter what they're rating is).
As of now, I don’t have much issue I suppose. If it’s agreed that Vernal didn’t one shot the Gigas at full power, then my main issue with a potential one shot scaling chain is gone.

I suppose that just makes the Queen Lancer far less impressive since, at least from my understanding, it is amped yet got two shot by Hazel and Leonardo. So the Queen Lancer is a lot weaker than everyone else, and subsequently the calc they’re scaling to is even weaker than that.

There is a massive offscreen moment. After Yang goes down there, the fighting between them starts afterwards. And at the same time the full battle of Raven vs Cinder happens, all while Hazel, Mercury, Emerald, and Leonardo are fighting above ground. Something we don't see the full extent of, that is quite the large gap.

We can't say they all just stared at each other for a few minutes doing nothing. And to say that the Queen Lancer was only hit twice because that is what we've seen.

Unless you have some reason to back that up?
I have constantly been saying that they were still fighting, but no one seemed to be able to land a hit on the Queen Lancer. Leonardo was fighting Oscar the entire time until he ducked behind a pillar. When it is on screen, it is dodging attacks and NOT getting hit at all. So how can the claim be made that it was definitely hit?

Just because they were fighting doesn’t mean anything, whenever we see the Queen Lancer for the 18 seconds of screen time it had, it was not getting hit until it stopped to scream at Leonardo and he did a wide range attack that led to Hazel finally hitting it, which killed it.

To assume it was hit off screen is unfounded. To assume it wasn’t hit is far more accurate an assumption. Which makes it ridiculously weaker than the rest since Hazel and Leonardo (mainly Hazel) absolutely demolished it when they did hit.

I have constantly been saying that they were still fighting, but no one seemed to be able to land a hit on the Queen Lancer. Leonardo was fighting Oscar the entire time until he ducked behind a pillar. When it is on screen, it is dodging attacks and NOT getting hit at all. So how can the claim be made that it was definitely hit?
True we don't know, but I don't believe it should be used against it either. Because on screen it got hit twice, if they landed two hits on it how can you say they can't land any hits on it at all? This gap means everything and nothing. We have no proof of anything.

There's no reason to assume anything else. Queen Lancer is just an unknown amount more durable than the Standard Queen Lancer which took no damage from a 249 Ton attack, which is being low balled to all hell. Leonardo can injure a amped Queen Lancer (Made it scream from his attack), and a lot of people scale from him.

Also Leonardo's Striking Strength would be Unknown right? Since he never physically attacks.

And are you find with the suggested changes?

True we don't know, but I don't believe it should be used against it either. Because on screen it got hit twice, if they landed two hits on it how can you say they can't land any hits on it at all? This gap means everything and nothing. We have no proof of anything.

There's no reason to assume anything else. Queen Lancer is just an unknown amount more durable than the Standard Queen Lancer which took no damage from a 249 Ton attack, which is being low balled to all hell. Leonardo can injure a amped Queen Lancer (Made it scream from his attack), and a lot of people scale from him.

Also Leonardo's Striking Strength would be Unknown right? Since he never physically attacks.

And are you find with the suggested changes?
It was only hit by a wide fire attack from Leonardo, which instantly led to it dying, so that would just imply it’s frail compared to everyone else without any further context.

Yes, the suggested changes are fine.

It was only hit by a wide fire attack from Leonardo, which instantly led to it dying, so that would just imply it’s frail compared to everyone else without any further context.
There is more context, the context that there was fighting off screen and you cannot provide proof that it was some god master that avoided all attacks for multiple minutes. It avoiding a small handful of attacks from one person means nothing. And Leo doesn't attack during the time we seen.

And can you provide evidence that he didn't attack at all during that time?

Regardless, best to drop this discussion.

There is more context, the context that there was fighting off screen and you cannot provide proof that it was some god master that avoided all attacks for multiple minutes. It avoiding a small handful of attacks from one person means nothing. And Leo doesn't attack during the time we seen.

And can you provide evidence that he didn't attack at all during that time?

Regardless, best to drop this discussion.
Can you provide evidence he did? Or that anyone other than Hazel was engaged with it while also fighting the bunch of other people still fighting them? There was only Hazel, Mercury, Emerald and Leo there, it was an 8v4 even when Yang left.

I find it quite hard to claim anyone but Hazel was genuinely fighting the Queen Lancer other than the one shot we had of it staring at Mercury and Emerald with no one doing anything. And even then it doesn’t prove they could hit it if Hazel, who is superior to them, could not land hits even when he was on screen until Leonardo helped.

Also, can I get some context on this line in Maria's Profile? "Stated that Post-Haven Team RWBY were as strong as she was in her prime. And with Qrow, "Described by Maria Calavera as being physically equal to Post-Haven Team RWBY"

Where does this come from? I don't remember Maria making any comment on their physical strength.

This isn't talking about what she said in the Apathy chapter right?

Also, can I get some context on this line in Maria's Profile? "Stated that Post-Haven Team RWBY were as strong as she was in her prime. And with Qrow, "Described by Maria Calavera as being physically equal to Post-Haven Team RWBY"

Where does this come from? I don't remember Maria making any comment on their physical strength.

This isn't talking about what she said in the Apathy chapter right?
Yeah she was talking about their mental strength aka will power as she gave up fighting while everyone else didn't

I'd like the staff to give their opinions on the scaling list.

If they agree we should be good to go ahead.

Honestly, there's literally no reason for the Partial Arma Gigas to be as strong as the fully fledged summon just because it was stronger than a much weaker version of Weiss from 2 Volumes ago. Aside from that massive argument, I basically agree with Rusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back