• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: 8-A and MHS Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam's feat is likely not even High 8-C to begin with, seeing as the calc is off by 90% due to not accounting for hollowness. Pyrrha isn't 8-B. Fortunately, people have already sided with me on that so I don't have to constantly repeat myself.

Matt has debunked your Marvel false equivalencies over and over again throughout this thread

There is no reason whatsoever for Pyrrha to not be 8-B, fortunately people have sided with me as well so i dont have to repeat myself either.

Cool, then look at literally any other verse with MHS/MHS+ speed that sees slower things as problems

Kepekley23 said:
Actually, I think not even Pyrrha scales now, seeing as Penny's 8-B feat was with her lasers. Her fight with Pyrrha was relatively short.
I'll be going to sleep in a few mins
@Kep

If you are referring to this, the fight can be as short as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Penny died and Pyrrha was the one who killed her.

Although if you want to argue that 8-B doesn't scale to Penny's durability, i can see that line of reasoning, given that it wasn't a physical attack.

@Matt

Samurai Jack has 4 relativistic feats actually, that makes the false equivalence bigger.

@Weekly

Pyrrha doesn't scale to 8-B. Penny used a laser that required charge-up time. I've already debunked that multiple times and you haven't replied.

People in this thread are being led to believe there are multiple High 8-C and 8-B feats. There aren't. The High 8-C feat is potentially not even High 8-C.

Weiss's feat is an outlier anyway, as I proved in the OP.

If you are referring to this, the fight can be as short as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Penny died and Pyrrha was the one who killed her.

Penny had to charge up the 8-B attack. It took a great deal of effort. The version she used in the battle against Pyrrha was considerably less charged up, she used it almost instantly, and it was only to boost her speed.

Pyrrha never really tanked a 8-B attack in the fight.

@Kep Okay? Velvet used the same laser when she used her weapon, the weapon that scales to her physical durability. Velvet scales to Penny. Yatsuhashi scales to Velvet. Mercury scales to Yatsuhashi. Yang scales to Mercury. Pyrrha scales to Yang. See where im going with this?

You didnt prove that Weiss' feat is an outlier, you just listed a bunch of lower feats

@Weekly

No one tanked it when Velvet used it iirc

@Kep

I meant that Pyrrha does scale from Penny physically.

I'm fine with the line of reasoning "Penny can't tank her full power lasers so it doesn't scale to Pyrrha's AP", not with the "Phyrra doesn't scale from Penny because their fight was too short" or something like that.

Velvet's ability is literally to mimic other powers, but not to their full capabilities. It's definitely not the same AP at all.

I definitely proved it was an outlier, please stop being dismissive of arguments you're unable to counter.

Volume 1 Weiss is supposedly 8-A when she did the feat without any effort and ~7 feats from Volume 3 characters suggest they struggle with much lower ratings, and characters that can easily destroy Weiss at this point have to exhert effort to be higher than 8-C+. No.

To me it's not even an argument that it's an outlier without saying things like "there are multiple High 8-C feats" which is false. Post evidence instead of being dismissive. Multiple people have already agreed with me on this.

Goku black ain't 3-A since he had below city level kamehameha destruction( which actually hurt goku and vegeta), country destroying feats, got knocked down by a bullet, you know stuff like that. That's pretty much why I can't take the " lower feats " thing seriously. Chars compress their attacks all the time. Too many factors.

Where is it ever stated that she doesnt mimic their full abilities? Show me where youre getting that information from.

WeeklyBattles said:
Where is it ever stated that she doesnt mimic their full abilities? Show me where youre getting that information from.
The question is more when it was stated that she can mimic AP

@Homu She panicked because Emerald used her semblance on her to make her think Penny was using a more powerful attack than she really was s she panicked and ripped penny apart with her own wires

@Weekly Yeah I know, but can we really scale pyrrha to penny based on that alone?

Also regarding Velvet, Didn't she casually cut Atlesian Paladin arm with Gambol Shroud copy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9S1UW2_nw8

This is one of the Vol 3 commentaries they have. The others are in the playlist. Get it.

Because you're the one who has to show proof ´Penny is comparable to her, and that she can mimic AP. Circular reasoning is circular.

Matt and I have already debunked and called you out multiple times. "It isn't an outlier because I said so" isn't going to roll on this thread.

It may seem like I mock people that talk about outlier, but that's because I really do be because of how contradictory people are ( don't report me, just being honest). The way people think here, if I'm consistently 7-B, it's impossible for me to be higher because it'll be an outlier. you gotta consider, just because I'm going all out, doesn't mean 7-B was ever my max potential. I can compress my attacks to limit the destruction of said attacks. And when I finally buss out a 6-C feat, it's gunna be an outlier, because you made the series and know exactly how strong my char is.

This is my problem with lower feats invalidating higher ones. goku black is 3-A.

why didn't he kamehameha do that? As I stated above. If I make a series, I'm not gunna have my chars do nothing but feats on their tier. Like if I make a 7-A, everything she does will be 7-A. No. I'll prob have one feat to prove she is 7-A, and the rest will be her compressing her attacks. To say my char is 7-C cause of consistency would be comical.

I dont appreciate the condescending attitude. All you had to do is post the video. I already lost a night of sleep because of this, i dont need your attitude to make it worse.

@Twisted. Then spend more time making actual arguments and spend less time mocking people. That would get people to consider your points a whole lot more. But I guess you have already heard this since you have been around long enough. Right Dragon Ariia?

There is a difference between being blunt and being condescending. I'm being the former. Also, I posted the video, and it's up to you to prove your claims. Do it or concede.

Kepekley23 said:
There is a difference between being blunt and being condescending. I'm being the former. Also, I posted the video, and it's up to you to prove your claims. Do it or concede.
I am part of the discussion too. Please debunk my points

Rocker1189 said:
@Twisted. Then spend more time making actual arguments and spend less time mocking people. That would get people to consider your points a whole lot more. But I guess you have already heard this since you have been around long enough. Right Dragon Ariia?
You add my name at the end like I'm hiding myself or something. It's even on my profile that was previously my name. Heck I want people to know that. I simply wanted a new name.

@Weekly

It's hardly my fault that you lost a night of sleep. Try not to pin your personal problems on me. You could've gone to sleep and we would've waited for you. I went to sleep shortly after posting this and trusted Matt to handle the thread. Face it yourself, don't blame others for something that's nobody's fault than your own.

No youre very blatantly being the latter, even in this response youre being the latter.

False. Whenever you agree with Matt on something, for example, you never say stuff like "you're being condescending". Please don't be a hypocrite and accuse me just because I'm going against one RWBY, thanks, and stop appealing to emotion instead of countering my arguments.

Twisted Little Raven said:
You add my name at the end like I'm hiding myself or something. It's even on my profile that was previously my name. Heck I want people to know that. I simply wanted a new name.
You must be mistaken, I never said that you were hiding.

You absolutely would not have waited for me, people on this thread were talking about revising the profiles before Kalt even had a chance to show up.

Im just calling a spade a spade. If someone is being condescending when im suppoorting Matt then i'll call them out on it. Same applies here. Id appreciate it if you didnt accuse me of things i didnt do thank you very much. I already conceded a while ago, youre the one dragging this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back